Preview Changes & talk vs Sydney [SCG 8/06]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With wet weather up there, I'm not surprised we've brought in some strong mature bodies in Cloke and Boyd. McLean has been banging the door down and will be important at ground level. Roberts will provide his usual defensive contests.

Toyd is not playing so well that he can't be replaced and Morris is a loss but can be covered more effectively at the SCG. Little surprised Honeychurch isn't an inclusion. Ground and conditions tailor made for him.

Reckon it's not entirely untrue that he was given an extended mid-season break in order to freshen up his body, "detox" out any accumulated fatigue and hope that form can be kick-started to the second half of the year. All under the guise of an injury. Perhaps the innuendo was exaggerated but it doesn't make it entirely untrue. There's very often shades of grey when people have "mail" like this.

If they were trying to get him to retire they wouldn't be picking him in the side.

Unless they're picking him for a farewell game there aren't really shades of grey to that approach.

If they were trying to get him to retire they wouldn't be picking him in the side.

Unless they're picking him for a farewell game there aren't really shades of grey to that approach.
Never said that they were trying to get him to retire. Just that they were giving him a rest to try and improve his form for the rest of the year. The injury was a niggling one that for the most part any other player could have played.

What did you post?

Be honest.
They posted a pic of McLean ducking calling him a campaigner etc, so I just quoted it saying we had to match George Hewitt's effort. If you can't beat them, join them. That was it. Pretty soft I thought.

Was probably Scaryness who issued the ban, just noticed he is a mod and is player sponsor of Hewitt.

They posted a pic of McLean ducking calling him a campaigner etc, so I just quoted it saying we had to match George Hewitt's effort. If you can't beat them, join them. That was it. Pretty soft I thought.

Was probably Scaryness who issued the ban, just noticed he is a mod and is player sponsor of Hewitt.

No surprise. We are the only board that tolerates opposition supporters posting anything that's even mildly antagonistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go to another board and post something like that, you're a dick. Pure and simple.
No surprise. We are the only board that tolerates opposition supporters posting anything that's even mildly antagonistic.
Bullshit. If someone posted anything like that, he'd get mercilessly attacked. We used to be the only board that tolerated opposition supporters. But not anymore, people have ruined that.

I know Bev doesn't like giving a kid his first run then dropping him next week but the conditions just aren't suited for a 1 game teenage ruckman.

Never said that they were trying to get him to retire. Just that they were giving him a rest to try and improve his form for the rest of the year. The injury was a niggling one that for the most part any other player could have played.

I'm not really doubting the validity of all that. That wasn't really the general narrative that was flogged to most of the readers on here.

The 'mail' was that they were trying to get him to retire. Unless he's playing his farewell at the SCG in the piss, it seems like that was rubbish.

If you go to another board and post something like that, you're a dick. Pure and simple.

Bullshit. If someone posted anything like that, he'd get mercilessly attacked. We used to be the only board that tolerated opposition supporters. But not anymore, people have ruined that.
You're kidding me? It was said as light hearted for starters but every club has duckers, if you're going to call one out, then surely you can accept a reply bring up another. If someone posted similar about Toby on our board, unless there was prior history, then I doubt they'd be carded for that alone.

Early afternoon news report at Sydney airport had both Cloke and Libba arriving to day. I don't think Libba was heading up to be an emergency and will be a sneaky last minute change

Then the Dogs will get fined for selecting a player that's not an Emergency.

He wouldn't get threadbanned though. I meant that our mods tolerate it, not our posters.

You're kidding me? It was said as light hearted for starters but every club has duckers, if you're going to call one out, then surely you can accept a reply bring up another. If someone posted similar about Toby on our board, unless there was prior history, then I doubt they'd be carded for that alone.
He wouldn't get threadbanned though. I meant that our mods tolerate it, not our posters.
Didn't realise you guys were talking about the mods specifically. The mods here are great. Except for Igloo, but we all know about that.

I'm struggling to understand the calls for Libba being selected (during the week and even after team selection was announced today). Our match committee makes selections based on form and fitness; while past reputations might apply in the case of a very short list of senior players, in the main immediate form counts far more than capability. Tom's form at VFL level has not warranted a recall.

Our three stand-out mids last game vs Sandringham were McLean, Webb and Honeychurch. Tom was a distant fourth (and I think Bevo is being generous by saying he attracted a tag). These other guys simply looked more interested. We need Libba to leave the mid-week partying to season's end and approach Friday night's game vs Essendon as a champion fighting to regain his spot. Until this happens he's in the twos.

I'm struggling to understand the calls for Libba being selected (during the week and even after team selection was announced today). Our match committee makes selections based on form and fitness; while past reputations might apply in the case of a very short list of senior players, in the main immediate form counts far more than capability. Tom's form at VFL level has not warranted a recall.

Our three stand-out mids last game vs Sandringham were McLean, Webb and Honeychurch. Tom was a distant fourth (and I think Bevo is being generous by saying he attracted a tag). These other guys simply looked more interested. We need Libba to leave the mid-week partying to season's end and approach Friday night's game vs Essendon as a champion fighting to regain his spot. Until this happens he's in the twos.

Do you actually have legitimate info that Tom has been excessively partying or is this just mindless speculation based on something that happened three or four years ago?

Do you actually have legitimate info that Tom has been excessively partying or is this just mindless speculation based on something that happened three or four years ago?

Most players would take the wake-up call on the chin and apply the 'head down/bum approach' to proving the MC wrong. I attended our last VFL match and the second-half of the one before that; he's not putting in like the other guys (eg, Toby McLean who was rightly recalled).

I'll leave the lifestyle comment as it stands but I didn't use the word "excessive". Also not sure what defines "legitimate". If any of my posts are speculation then I qualify them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back