Changes v Adelaide, 20/5

Remove this Banner Ad

I mistakenly flicked onto 360 tonight. I was surprised and relieved to not be confronted by the haggard and slobbering Robbo but rather the considerably more aesthectically pleasing Kath something or other (she of the fine pins). Anyways, they got to the Dogs game and both pundits, Jack and Jordan, appeared to be in the Crows camp. Neither seemed to take into account the Crows outs and thought the upstart Crows mids would be a match for ours. Maybe they'll prove to be correct but I don't think so.

Reality check coming the Crows way. It's business time at the kennel.

Thanks David Mitchell! Or is that Ben Elton? Or Robert Greene?!

I know it's very early and difficult to see but I think there is something really to like with O'Donnell. Watched his game closely last week and what stood out was his athleticism, moves really well, has a great physique and doesn't shirk a contest. They must thinks he is pretty special to play him so early. Needs to stay in for a few weeks.

It’s always a worry when there’s no melting on here.
I'll help you out MT.

How do we justify dropping Keath who has been one of the two pillars of our defence, but retain Gardner who has had just two games both poor individual performances? The last, a mere four possession game, where one of those four possessions was a complete howler, that resulted in an opposition goal, despite being under no opposition pressure at the time.

I'll help you out MT.

How do we justify dropping Keath who has been one of the two pillars of our defence, but retain Gardner who has had just two games both poor individual performances? The last, a mere four possession game, where one of those four possessions was a complete howler, that resulted in an opposition goal, despite being under no opposition pressure at the time.
I saw the alert that Proffessor had posted and got the popcorn out for a good old fashioned Gardner > Keath melt. Thank you for not letting me down. ;)

I'll help you out MT.

His spoiling is more athletic than Keath's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a bit weird having Jones, Keath, O’Brien, Bruce and Gardner. Jones aside none of the others are ones that fill any with a lot of confidence but they’re still handy players and the two that are out will constantly keep pressure on the two that are in.

Not losing much sleep about Keath vs Gardner. Both shocking with ball in hand. Gardner younger and has a few years on his deal, Keath is close to retirement. Makes sense which one to invest games into if forced to choose.

Not losing much sleep about Keath vs Gardner. Both shocking with ball in hand. Gardner younger and has a few years on his deal, Keath is close to retirement. Makes sense which one to invest games into if forced to choose.

I wish people would try harder to use reason and observation rather than wishful thinking.

There is a substantial amount of daylight between Keath and Gardner in terms of ability and performance, both past and present.
We are supposed to be picking a team for this week not years down the track, and even if we were picking a team for three years down the road, I'd still expect Keath to be in front based on current performance trajectories. Osteoporosis is arguably a bigger threat than Gardner's performance graph.
Zaine Cordy is probably sending Alex memes as we speak.

We have the lowest percentage of the top 10 teams.

We've been the spankee twice, and the spankor once. We need to do more spanking.
the simpsons paddle GIF

I wish people would try harder to use reason and observation rather than wishful thinking.

There is a substantial amount of daylight between Keath and Gardner in terms of ability and performance, both past and present.
We are supposed to be picking a team for this week not years down the track, and even if we were picking a team for three years down the road, I'd still expect Keath to be in front based on current performance trajectories. Osteoporosis is arguably a bigger threat than Gardner's performance graph.
Zaine Cordy is probably sending Alex memes as we speak.
There really hasn't,

Keath has cost us multiple goals due to his poor decision making and positioning this year.

Just say "I Hate Gards" instead of trying to justify a clearly out of form player being "daylight" ahead of him

The weather over the last few weekends has been .... Ummm .... shall we say Wintry. :) This weekend will be no exception. If you're going to the game this Saturday, wear something warm and that will keep you dry. That said, it won't be all that wet during the game, it is after all 1-3mm over the 24 hour period ;) This is what the conditions are forecast to be:

BWF.png

Last edited:
Tossing up all week if I would go. Normally go to all Melbourne and Ballarat games but the final straw was buses from Bacchus Marsh.
Yeah the PT situation is a drag, but at least they are spending money on upgrading the lines, with the current round of works to be conducted over the next few weeks.

Pretty much as expected,

Looks as if the rain is forcasted more for the morning so being "Extra Tall" shouldn't be a disadvantage especially given the mobility of our talls.

Tex out is huge for us as is Doedee as now Jamarra will get a very nice matchup as will TOB who can play the role he was recruited to play.

Seems a bit weird having Jones, Keath, O’Brien, Bruce and Gardner. Jones aside none of the others are ones that fill any with a lot of confidence but they’re still handy players and the two that are out will constantly keep pressure on the two that are in.
After seeing Fletcher Roberts and Joel Hamling support Dale Morris as our KPDs in a grand final winning side, I have always been happy enough with serviceable players rather than outright superstars (for the avoidance of doubt, Morris was a gun but I don't think the other two were [though Hamling's terrible injuries post that game have made him look worse than he was]).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back