Preview Changes v Adelaide Round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

No change for mine.
I will be genuinely angry if we lose this game, they should see it as a revenge game for last year.
We need to win it comfortably, so an umpires bad or non decision will have no effect on the game this time round.
Also it will suck badly if we lose after our terrific effort last week.

No change for mine.
I will be genuinely angry if we lose this game, they should see it as a revenge game for last year.
We need to win it comfortably, so an umpires bad or non decision will have no effect on the game this time round.
Also it will suck badly if we lose after our terrific effort last week.
Agreed. I don't think we will lose though. Kind of a must win with some very tough games ahead. I guess they're all must win with the ladder so close, but losing to sides down the ladder could prove very costly.

Welcome to the club
i mentioned Bowey isn't dual sided by hand. But for some unknown reason you're really defensive about it. People also jumped to the incorrect conclusion that it was me saying he was a bad player or something. i like Bowey as a player.

If Bedford has no left foot, i'll take your word for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly, i didn't notice it from Bedford.

why be so defensive? its ok for players to have flaws in their game you know. Every player has them.
Good to see you've finally come around on this.

If Bedford has no left foot, i'll take your word for it.

Ive literally never seen Bedford kick left footed once in the VFL or AFL, cant even remember a soccer off the ground with his left. He's always looking to wheel round on the right, and when he goes left he kicks right foot checksides on the run.

I love how accepting of Bowser you are now that ive pointed it out.

Ive literally never seen Bedford kick left footed once in the VFL or AFL, cant even remember a soccer off the ground with his left. He's always looking to wheel round on the right, and when he goes left he kicks right foot checksides on the run.

I love how accepting of Bowser you are now that ive pointed it out.
i was accepting of Bowser from day 1. People just misinterpreted what i said. There's a lot of players with no opposite foot, its not ideal but when you start noticing it on match day like you have with Bedford then i think its fair to point it out. Its no different to Petracca being a horrible kick for goal. That doesn't mean he isn't a star of the game.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

i was accepting of Bowser from day 1. People just misinterpreted what i said. There's a lot of players with no opposite foot, its not ideal but when you start noticing it on match day like you have with Bedford then i think its fair to point it out. Its no different to Petracca being a horrible kick for goal. That doesn't mean he isn't a star of the game.

Sure mate, compare the pair:
honestly, i didn't notice it from Bedford.

why be so defensive? its ok for players to have flaws in their game you know. Every player has them.
Since when do the majority of AFL players struggle with handballing on their non dominant side? I'd say the complete opposite. Most are extremely competent.

Look at this highlights package and go straight to the 15s mark. I'm sorry but wtf is he doing? That's a left handed handball every day of the week. Then go to the 29 second mark, that MUST be a left handed handball. He then has to run in a circle just to keep running straight!

This is just from one game, but he did it all season. He needs to be able to use it in a game.

And everyone shouldn't be so defensive. I'm a dees fan after all and I like Bowey as a player but you should be impartial with your analysis of players if you want to be accurate. And being a first year player is irrelevant to knowing how to handball on your left. He is probably been playing since he was 10 years old and playing in elite pathway competitions since he was 15 including TAC cup when he was 17 and 18. Then throw in 6 months of pre-season with an AFL club. I'm sorry but there are NO excuses for not being able to execute a basic left hand handball.

From "no excuses" to "nobody's perfect" 😂

This really should be a percentage booster, but would be happy with the 4 points either way. Unchanged for me.

Yes just get the win, this game Geelong (no Stewart) and Port have to be wins I feel (yes I am not taking this week by week). The last 5 rounds are going to be tough.

On a serious note is it that difficult to handball with your left if you’re right handed? No doubt kicking on your opposite foot is much more difficult, but I feel as though I can handball similarly well on both sides and it’s not as though it’s something I’ve ever trained.

No changes for me. Big Game for Weid coming up.

On a side note is anyone going across for the game? Got check Virgin tickets so heading up for the game. Sitting behind the goals at the back Im guessing near the cheer squad. Looking forward to seeing Adelaide Oval in a Football context as its sensational for cricket.

Really hope Lever reminds Walker about the 'leaving success for money' line.
Not enough.

I hope we win, Lever is BOG and somehow works that story gracefully into a post match interview

:think:

Why do have a problem with Bowey not handballing left handed but no problem with Bedford not kicking left footed?
This is grown up analysis type stuff mate. People like you and me need to stay away from it and drink beers and yell baaaalllll all the time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back