Prediction Changes v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I will find a way to tip us, changes form last time we played them in the final at the G

OUTS INS

GRANT MCLEAN +
MINSON CAMPBELL +
JONG LIBBA +
HAMBLING ADAMS +
MURPHY ADCOCK -
CRAMERI DALE -
ROUGHEAD HONEYCHURCH + (although not like for like)

ADELAIDE

OUT IN
DANGER CROUCH -
LAIRD SEEDSMAN -
KNIGHT MCGOVERN =
VAN BERLO LEVER +

MCG ETIHAD +++

Am I missing something - Roughy isn't out and Honey isn't in??

We can cover Stevens
We need wood and Biggs to give us bit more dash this week.

Watching the north game on replay, I reckon they were there for the taking in the last quarter - even with our forward and half back issues.

What we didn't do was take the game on in the last. North were fading half way thru the last and we played into their hands by playing too slow and too wide.

We also got a bit man handled. Red will help with physical stuff. But around the ruck Picken needs to get a bit more time and crunch some big tackles. The north boys were relentless and with a few lucky bounces which happens when your more physical - simply can't allow Sloan and Thompson easy clearances like we did with wells, Ziebel and swallow.

The addition of Daniel will improve our decision making in tight going forward. And Hunter needs to be a little sharper in his decision making from the back half.

I expect a similarly tight contest for much of the game. We have to nail the opportunities when they come and plan for a manic finish on a ground which suits us this should be very achievable.

Woof woof woof

I'm another one thinking Adcock is mighty lucky to have held his spot over Jong.
Jong has gotten better each week and was one of the few that actually looked dangerous/creative last week.
I think it's fairly clear that Dale just isn't ready yet either but I guess you can't complain in giving him another go at it.

Happy with Daniel and Redpath in. Stevens is a decent loss but we should be able to cover.

I'm another one thinking Adcock is mighty lucky to have held his spot over Jong.
Jong has gotten better each week and was one of the few that actually looked dangerous/creative last week.
I think it's fairly clear that Dale just isn't ready yet either but I guess you can't complain in giving him another go at it.

Happy with Daniel and Redpath in. Stevens is a decent loss but we should be able to cover.
It probably came down to who followed orders and who didn't.

I think Red is a good inclusion. He will go well in the first half and make the Crows rethink defense structure. Watch Stringer, Dickson and Bont cut loose in the 2nd half and Red go almost touch free.

Actually most posters on our board are happy that Redpath is in the team as we'd be a bit too tall in defence without him in your forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our amount of outs we have, I just can't see us winning. Simple as that

How many of our best 22 out? Crameri, Murphy, JJ, Stevens, Suckling, Boyd
Any word on the seriousness of Stevens injury ?

BTW how we are favourites going into the game on some websites is astonishing IMO

Totally agree. If we win, it should be against the odds....but according to punters it won't be - weird.

Actually most posters on our board are happy that Redpath is in the team as we'd be a bit too tall in defence without him in your forward line.

Will your tall defenders follow Redpath into the midfield? That's where he will spend quite a bit of time...ranging way up the ground and even rucking or playing as a genuine midfielder. I doubt Redders has been brought into the side to play as a stay at home forward.

Hunter 'raring to go' against Crows, says Beveridge

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-06/hunter-fit-to-face-the-crows-confirms-beveridge

N-FORM Bulldog Lachie Hunter is "raring to go" after recovering well from concussion symptoms sustained in a head-high tackle from Kangaroo Lindsay Thomas, according to Luke Beveridge.

The prolific playmaker was taken to hospital after the game.

Thomas 'paying for sins of the past': Scott

Hunter has been in career-best form this season by averaging 33 possessions a game.

The 23-year-old has also been impressive helping out a half-back line ravaged by injuries to key components Bob Murphy, Jason Johannisen and Matt Suckling.

"He's fine. He's good to go," Beveridge said of Hunter on Friday morning.

"He's done all the testing, (there's) no dramas and he'll be ready and raring to go tomorrow night (against Adelaide).

While he refused to get involved in the debate over Thomas' one-match suspension for the hit, Beveridge said he was just happy Hunter had no lingering effects and would be available for Saturday night's massive clash at Etihad Stadium.

The coach refuted suggestions his side had become overly defensive in recent weeks and that it was costing them on scoreboard. But he did concede there had been an attacking theme at training this week.

"It's not like we've gone all defensive, we just haven't been able to capitalise on the opportunities we've created," he said.

"We have put a lot of work in to another significant phase of the game this week. Now our challenge is to ensure we don't have an over-correction and lose something elsewhere.

"This week has been all about correcting a few things, particularly how we use the footy."

God I love listening/watching/reading this guy talk

I cannot believe how many people are defending Jong. He's been bog ordinary for three weeks.

Everyone seems to remember the good mark he takes instead of the 10 fumbles and missed targets he makes. I genuinely believe if Daniel plays instead of him last week we win..

Only think I thought might of saved him is Stevens being out as they're similar builds.

Would of liked Dunkley in for Adcock.

Will your tall defenders follow Redpath into the midfield? That's where he will spend quite a bit of time...ranging way up the ground and even rucking or playing as a genuine midfielder. I doubt Redders has been brought into the side to play as a stay at home forward.
Exactly !! The same role Jong was playing but now its Redders turn to see if he can have more of an influence and snag a couple while in the F50.

How many of our best 22 out? Crameri, Murphy, JJ, Stevens, Suckling, Boyd

Totally agree. If we win, it should be against the odds....but according to punters it won't be - weird.
That's 5 or 6 of our 10 best players BRWB.
Last week we were a shadow of what we usually are. And that's because the skill we have lost. North weren't close to being the best side we have played this year.
Unfortunately for us it's now taking its toll on us.

Can we expect to see Redpath roving the center bounces? I've been hearing strange things.
Yep. Highly doubt he's been brought in to solely be a tall forward, even though he will certainly help in that area. Beveridge has clearly been trying to develop his game to provide a big of X factor.

I cannot believe how many people are defending Jong. He's been bog ordinary for three weeks.

Everyone seems to remember the good mark he takes instead of the 10 fumbles and missed targets he makes. I genuinely believe if Daniel plays instead of him last week we win..

Only think I thought might of saved him is Stevens being out as they're similar builds.

Would of liked Dunkley in for Adcock.
No one is saying Jong has been dominating, just that there were a couple of players last week that were a bit worse.

Plus he has improved every game.

Right now there is more downside to playing Jong than upside.

Not clean with hands, feet and questionable decision making.

You can make a case for younger players to come in for the likes of Adcock, but Jong does not add consistently any more.

No one can say he definitely deserves a game unless we are setting low standards, basedon form this year.

Hopefully his efforts are eventually rewarded but he is not at the level of a best 22 in a potential finals side yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back