Strategy Changes v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallis was looking like becoming the best defensive mid in the comp for a while there. Can remember him consistently keeping the best mids quite while also racking up clearances himself. Too bad we don't believe that's an important part of football anymore... or that Wallis could be useful outside of the forward line... :rolleyes:

Not only keeping them quiet but he was posting numbers better than his 2012.

Wallis was looking like becoming the best defensive mid in the comp for a while there. Can remember him consistently keeping the best mids quite while also racking up clearances himself. Too bad we don't believe that's an important part of football anymore... or that Wallis could be useful outside of the forward line... :rolleyes:

Not only keeping them quiet but he was posting numbers better than his 2012.

I think that Bevos 18 man Zone stands up even though we aren't playing as well as expected this year we are still always in most games with a winning chance.

If he goes with a full on tag it compromises our zone.

I like that Bevo backs in our players as a group to deal with players getting off the chain. A good example was last years Geelong game at Geelong Dangerfield was carving us up but Bevo stuck with Libba and Macrae to get on top and they did and we looked like winning that game until they both got injured.

We've still won plenty of games with opposition players racking up stats. Tagging only gets brought up when we lose??

He said it himself about last weeks WC game that if our ball use was better then Gaff doesn't rack up the stats. We need to clean up the ball use.

Doesn't mean you stop watching. Keep supporting the club you love.

Didn't say I wouldn't support but I simply hate Adelaide and will struggle to watch them smack us

Also can't stand Bruce so no real loss if I don't have to hear his cr@p

I think that Bevos 18 man Zone stands up even though we aren't playing as well as expected this year we are still always in most games with a winning chance.

I like that Bevo backs in our players as a group to deal with players getting off the chain. A good example was last years Geelong game at Geelong Dangerfield was carving us up but Bevo stuck with Libba and Macrae to get on top and they did and we looked like winning that game until they both got injured.

We've still won plenty of games with opposition players racking up stats. Tagging only gets brought up when we lose??

He said it himself about last weeks WC game that if our ball use was better then Gaff doesn't rack up the stats. We need to clean up the ball use.

Short memory. Sydney & Melbourne games ring a bell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These things are constantly overlooked. First you need someone capable of doing the job. You then need to make sure that their loss of output is less than the amount of output taken off the tagged player.
Then you need to ensure structures, rotations etc aren't damaged or compromised.

It's more than Just, he's good...tag him.

Doesn't mean you stop watching. Keep supporting the club you love.
I get where MD is coming from. It's like watching a video of someone you love getting bashed senseless. Too hard to watch.

I've been that way this year. It's hard to watch us play the way we are consistently this year when we all know what our boys are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back