Changes v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Freo Game in melbourne I've ever been to!!

The chant was so loud !! Awesome! :D
I was at the 2010 home derby and the ffreeeoooo there was the loudest thing In sports I've heard
I have been to a 60,000 crowd 3rd day boxing day test) and the chant last night topped it! Lucky I had seats with the other freo supporterson level 2.

a couple of significant changes in the game compared to our last with adelaide, with talia out for the crows and fyfe in for freo. talia kept pav to a couple of goals IIRC. on paper that should be enough to see us over the line but with the type of game we've been playing we could steamroll them, based on their effort against sydney.

a couple of significant changes in the game compared to our last with adelaide, with talia out for the crows and fyfe in for freo. talia kept pav to a couple of goals IIRC. on paper that should be enough to see us over the line but with the type of game we've been playing we could steamroll them, based on their effort against sydney.
I would hope your club isn't thinking it'll be that easy, otherwise you will get a rude shock. Our effort against Sydney was only bad because we were extremely wasteful, I don't expect that from the side 2 weeks in a row after not putting in pathetic efforts twice in a row all season. Rutten will go to Pav and has done the job before, we can cover Talia's absence.

I see no reason as to why we will lose this game, but I also can see why Freo fans are confident, can't wait!

I would hope your club isn't thinking it'll be that easy, otherwise you will get a rude shock. Our effort against Sydney was only bad because we were extremely wasteful, I don't expect that from the side 2 weeks in a row after not putting in pathetic efforts twice in a row all season. Rutten will go to Pav and has done the job before, we can cover Talia's absence.

I see no reason as to why we will lose this game, but I also can see why Freo fans are confident, can't wait!

Wow, Fremantle are a very well drilled unit, Rutten isnt nimble enough for Pav.

Have to lean toward Freo on this occassion.

i don't think the club will be taking it lightly at all. we've already lost to you twice this year, although we're a different team to when we played you last.

i buy into the theory that wastefulness/inaccuracy is caused by exhaustion under pressure. we'll be harassing you in a similar way to sydney, or pretty much how we harassed the cats. i think pav will be too mobile for rutten, especially if we isolate them one-on-one like we did yesterday. we're going to need to come up with a plan to keep dangerfield quiet, though. he turned the game last we met.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Fremantle are a very well drilled unit, Rutten isnt nimble enough for Pav.

Have to lean toward Freo on this occassion.
You don't have to be when you read the game as well as Truck. Still expecting Pav to have a day out but it won't be because Rutten isn't "nimble" enough.

a couple of significant changes in the game compared to our last with adelaide, with talia out for the crows and fyfe in for freo. talia kept pav to a couple of goals IIRC.

The difference from the round 20 team against Adelaide to last nights team
Out: Griffin, Roberton, Neale
In: Sandilands, Silvagni, Fyfe

Un-Fricken-Believeable.

By far the best game I have ever been to. This will be ingrained in my memory forever! I posted a clip from the cheer squad in the game day thread. It was like that most of the 4th qtr.

Just got home a few hours ago and wrote on another thread that last night was one of my best footy memories ever. I think you would be talking about N54, N55 and maybe also include N56 but not sure how far around we went. I remember saying to the missus on the walk to the ground that we may be down on numbers but you can be assured that if people make the trip across it is not to sit there and clap politely. Combine that with the cheer squad and game like last night and it is just fantastic.

I have many great memories from Subiaco oval but a final in Melbourne at the MCG against Geelong was just special. I did not get a wink sleep last night.

Edit: Back on topic

I have never been a massive fan of Keplar but he very rarely gets outmarked and always makes a contest and gives his all. When you have the likes of De boer, Mayne Ballantyne and Walters around him it is lethal.

So if you add Fyfe, Mcpharlin (if available) and Sandilands to our round 20 side against Adelaide do you think that goes a long way to negating the 28 point loss?

Un-Fricken-Believeable.

By far the best game I have ever been to. This will be ingrained in my memory forever! I posted a clip from the cheer squad in the game day thread. It was like that most of the 4th qtr.

heh, thanks for that clip by the way, got to see my old man and brother waving the flag and cheering along.... w***ers got over there while im stuck working.

anyway.

Out:
Mzungu

In:
Lower

If mcpharlin is declared fit, which he shouldnt be, then he comes in for silvagni. hamstrings are 21 day injuries, what has it been? 7 or 8, and come friday it will be 12 or 13... would be crazy to risk being a player down early on in this game

Bloody oath I did!! Was awesome.

I travelled on a mini bus (I drove) with a heap of mates from Cricket (mostly Geelong supporters) and they were all talk about how "the 6 Freo supporters" are going to go home with their tail between their legs....

The chant started... "That's a loud 6 supporters up there" LOL!! Great effort all the supporters sitting up there.

To hear the FREEEEOOOO Chant echo around the MCG... NICE!

Cats complaining on their boards about constantly hearing the Freo chants, even before the game started, and nothing from their mob - brilliant.

Cats complaining on their boards about constantly hearing the Freo chants, even before the game started, and nothing from their mob - brilliant.

Not only could you hear the chant from us but you could smell and taste the salty tears from the Geelong supporters.

McPharlin did not sound that confident last night when interviewed on grandstand before the game
Probably no change.
Only possible things I could remotely see would be Clarke for Keplar or Roberton for Spurr, but neither would be really warranted.

heh, thanks for that clip by the way, got to see my old man and brother waving the flag and cheering along.... Moos got over there while im stuck working.

anyway.

Out:
Mzungu

In:
Lower

If mcpharlin is declared fit, which he shouldnt be, then he comes in for silvagni. hamstrings are 21 day injuries, what has it been? 7 or 8, and come friday it will be 12 or 13... would be crazy to risk being a player down early on in this game

Put down the bong mate.

Jesus KPR, what did MZ do wrong last night that warrants him being dropped?/

And yes, I fully realise that you don't rate him.

Put down the bong mate.

Jesus KPR, what did MZ do wrong last night that warrants him being dropped?/

And yes, I fully realise that you don't rate him.

He doesnt get the ball often enough for a midfielder, and when he does he butchers it, or doesnt kick to advantage. Ive been screaming for nick Lower to get in to our team for the entire second half of the year, obviously Ross doesnt rate him which is a shame, because finals is all about contested footy and toughness, lower has that in spades. People criticize his kicking, but his kicking is no worse than mzungu's. Lower would be a tougher, slower, clearance winning version of mzungu. But i have accepted that this will not happen. These threads are as often as not about what we would like to see rather than what we will see, so that is what i would like to see.

what we WILL see

Out: Nil
In: Nil

Mzungu's stats were: hardly inspiring. if we have a better option in the wafl, id like to see us use it

K H D M HO T FF FA G B DT
5 5 10 3 0 2 1 1 0 1 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back