Preview Changes/Preview v Brions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate that Wright immediately came to mind... but I have to ask myself "who else in the backline?"
The fact he is our next best and was named in the VFL bests probably said it all.

Why not? I believe ANY coach from now on should be looking to tag him, unless they believe they are too good. The two games where he was tagged, we lost and our entire midfield suffered greatly.
It would have to be completely clear now. Take cunners out. I really liked careys suggestion that we should shift him forward if he is getting tagged (and beaten) and let the midfield restructure without him.

It would have to be completely clear now. Take cunners out. I really liked careys suggestion that we should shift him forward if he is getting tagged (and beaten) and let the midfield restructure without him.

I think the club takes the approach that Ben will do defensive things in the middle and his opponent is basically dead weight there in the middle who just tries to tackle him and that will leave our midfield to take on theirs with them effectively being one ball winner short. While it took us a long time to adjust to it, we did get on top for a period in the middle and hit the front, some would say that it worked... had we not stuffed up the last two minutes with defensive errors.

I believe things would have turned out better had we Higgins or LDU in the middle, as it was, Dumont, Anderson and Simpkin didn't have amazing games, nor did Goldstein who would have rucked up 100 hitouts against Clarke in his AA year.

Too soon. It’s not that he can’t play with the tag, it’s bc no one has shown him how to. He just stands there and takes it over and over again.

Someone needs to teach him how to deal with it. If that doesn’t work then move him forward.

Jmac lol. Wtf were we thinking. Good way to * with the chemistry of the back 6.

Durdin & UDL back this week. Wood back if fit.
Jmac back to the twos where he can do all the kick chasing he wants. Hrovat & Taylor both out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game this week needed from the captain. He was terrible. Hacked it repeatedly and just didn’t rise to the occasion again. No intent and was shown up again against *. Actually really disappointed as he has had a good month and literally undid it all on the weekend.

I don’t want Macmillan in the team.
Just isnt a defender and we need accountability inside our defensive 50. Unless we push him into the middle he goes out. Some of his efforts particularly on the last line are asking for trouble.

Luke I thought was also overawed by the occasion with ill-discipline
early on, not once on Shiel but again on his man AMT when turned it over and got him high. He did an okay job on AMT overall as the 2nd AMT goal came when Luke was off with the blood rule and the last after he got injured and no one went to AMT. Just s**t luck. Can’t blame him for AMT kicking 4 and weirdly enough both goal number 2 and goal number 4 came when Jy was manned up on him.

Ahern also just doesn’t impact the contest. Literally no intensity at the football. His disposal was also nowhere near it. Disappointing when someone like Langford or Parish came to play for * when theyve been under the pump to perform.

Defence was at times under siege and Thompson struggled I thought. We did him no favors from up the ground.

I reckon Jed needs a rest soon. Just seems off the past two weeks.

Curtis Taylor also has plenty to learn and add to his forward craft. Doesn’t know when to shepherd and run into a dangerous spot. VFL for sure. We definitely lost the game at selection.

Brown and Zurhaar were excellent but their efficiency going inside 50 was costly. Just need to be smarter.
Browns games overall was colossal. We’re lucky he’s in form.

Hopefully the umps look after us this week. We got nothing at all.
They ****ed us especially early on in the third. Some absolute bullshit.

I feel a lot more positive now that Scamper’s back! Turnstiles Tilly was a mistake. I said it at the outset. Brisbane won’t know what hit them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
from here on out its Scamper only (and Sissy Rose and Tilly would be the women's team only)

With all the attention going to Dayne Zorko and Lachie Neale recently, that Jarrod Lyons is flying under the radar beautifully

I said last year we should have gone after Lyons (we were linked to him a couple of times during the free agency period)

Lyons would have been a significantly better pick up than Tyson.

Hope Rhycey packs the flame suit.

With Brisbane, West Coast, Hawthorn & Geelong (3 away, 1 on the 150th anniversary celebrations) over the next month, that is a massive challenge. Throw in a list pretty much with the arse out of its' pants injury wise & the hunters becoming the hunted, well then the massive challenge just got a lot harder.

You couldn't draft a better test for a wannabe coach if you tried.

Big game this week needed from the captain. He was terrible. Hacked it repeatedly and just didn’t rise to the occasion again. No intent and was shown up again against *. Actually really disappointed as he has had a good month and literally undid it all on the weekend.

I don’t want Macmillan in the team.
Just isnt a defender and we need accountability inside our defensive 50. Unless we push him into the middle he goes out. Some of his efforts particularly on the last line are asking for trouble.

Luke I thought was also overawed by the occasion with ill-discipline
early on, not once on Shiel but again on his man AMT when turned it over and got him high. He did an okay job on AMT overall as the 2nd AMT goal came when Luke was off with the blood rule and the last after he got injured and no one went to AMT. Just s**t luck. Can’t blame him for AMT kicking 4 and weirdly enough both goal number 2 and goal number 4 came when Jy was manned up on him.

Ahern also just doesn’t impact the contest. Literally no intensity at the football. His disposal was also nowhere near it. Disappointing when someone like Langford or Parish came to play for * when theyve been under the pump to perform.

Defence was at times under siege and Thompson struggled I thought. We did him no favors from up the ground.

I reckon Jed needs a rest soon. Just seems off the past two weeks.

Curtis Taylor also has plenty to learn and add to his forward craft. Doesn’t know when to shepherd and run into a dangerous spot. VFL for sure. We definitely lost the game at selection.

Brown and Zurhaar were excellent but their efficiency going inside 50 was costly. Just need to be smarter.
Browns games overall was colossal. We’re lucky he’s in form.

Hopefully the umps look after us this week. We got nothing at all.
They f’ed us especially early on in the third. Some absolute bulls**t.

I don’t think it’s quite as dire as that yet Tazaa. I’m putting my faith in “we lost a close one, let’s move on quickly”. The injuries have built up (same for nearly all teams) but Higgins is the only really crucial one - hopefully, he’s back in this week. The rest are still eminently replaceable, I think. As for Jed, he’s a bull, I think he can push through to the end of the season, as long as he doesn’t cop an injury. It’s a really tough challenge against Brisbane but we’re up to our necks in this game. The gap between our best and worst has narrowed considerably - fingers crossed. We do desperately need Higgins, though.

I don’t think it’s quite as dire as that yet Tazaa. I’m putting my faith in “we lost a close one, let’s move on quickly”. The injuries have built up (same for nearly all teams) but Higgins is the only really crucial one - hopefully, he’s back in this week. The rest are still eminently replaceable, I think. As for Jed, he’s a bull, I think he can push through to the end of the season, as long as he doesn’t cop an injury. It’s a really tough challenge against Brisbane but we’re up to our necks in this game. The gap between our best and worst has narrowed considerably - fingers crossed. We do desperately need Higgins, though.

Higgins is the key. He would have a massive flow on effect across the midfield and allow them to rely less on pure grunt and aggression as well as taking some attention from Simpkin & Cunnington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back