Prediction Changes v Brisbane: in Varcoe, Moore, Crocker, Adams; out: Reid, Brown, Aish, Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottie65

All Australian
Nov 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
i guess ive adopted collingwood as my 2 best team although ive never really belived in having a second team...its one in all in for me but due to the fact the stevo ended up at collingwood...and my bombers are pissin me off atm..i have now adopted pies as an interest and now want them to do well ......in saying that i hope u dont mind me putting my 10 cents in......picking mayne( absolute cork) and blair( game wrecker and disposal and turn over king)...i am gob smacked ....what a perfect game to bring sier and mclarty in....they couldnt do any worse that mayne and blair...so u really wouldnt be going backwards....missing opportunitys like this can be costly....i think sier and mclarty would be frothing at the bit to get in and prove them selves in the seniors....and to have those to playing before callum brown and josh diacos is bad selection imo.....get the games in to the youngens while you have momentum...thomas is a surprise also and think theres others who would benefit playing than him......for me...having mayne in the forward line and blair buzzing around....i know my boy will have a great game and will seize the moment....hoping he will demand the ball and kick a bag so those 2 down get any where near the ball..hahaha.....saying this like the fonz...but go...erm...goooo ermmmm go pies this weekend

He's 29 years old, we have an extremely large sample size for what he can provide at AFL level. 172 games to be precise. Played 1 good season ever and lived off that
Players' performances can change drastically from team to team based on whether they're there simply for depth or the scheme the coaches use are different and they're not needed as much.
I don't even think he deserves a spot on the 22, but for $500K a year we might as well see if there's any more spark.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Players' performances can change drastically from team to team based on whether they're there simply for depth or the scheme the coaches use are different and they're not needed as much.
I don't even think he deserves a spot on the 22, but for $500K a year we might as well see if there's any more spark.
His contract should have have nothing to do with selection.

His contract should have have nothing to do with selection.
True.
Sorry for suggesting we get more than 4 games out of a $2M player.
His first half last Sunday wasn't as insipid as it was predicted to be.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Not what I would have liked to happen but I can live with it. Throwing a couple of old war horses in to bare the brunt of lots of games in not much time, you can see why they'd do it. This was always going to be a tough game to win, probably just a bit tougher now.
Am I missing something? Why should this be a tough game for us to win given the way we've been traveling compared to them? Are you saying my expectations of a 72 point smashing are unrealistic?

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
As far as I can see, Mayne has been retained to do the job that Aish was covering. His loss of kicking penetration means tha he can no longer be the small centre half forward that he was recruited to be, and he looks capable in the new job. Since Aish won't be available for months, it makes sense to use Mayne for this job. Blair gets another week to allow Brown a week off. I would expect that, barring a standout game, he would make way next week for Brown to come back or perhaps the very different Wells to come in. Like many, I would like to see a way found to bring Fasolo in, but can see that selectors are struggling to hold on to a balance that he might upset.

It should be Wells replacing Aish.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are we Dis-Respecting Brisbane with these Changes/Non Changes?

Their form hasn't been that bad notwithstanding their ladder position. I think it's a danger game and just maybe our 4 week momentum took a hit after the Richmond game. Interesting game.

Ketchup

Cancelled
May 9, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Aberdeen FC
Wait Blair and Mayne are playing? * me

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Their form hasn't been that bad notwithstanding their ladder position. I think it's a danger game and just maybe our 4 week momentum took a hit after the Richmond game. Interesting game.

Its been terrible.

Only the one game against Port has been an acceptable outcome for them. The've been belted by the good teams and beaten by some easybeats in their other five games.

Round one, beaten by StKilda by 25 points
Round two beaten by Melbourne by 26 points
Round 3 did ok away to Port, lost by 5
Round 4 belted by 90+, Richmond
Round 5 beaten by the Suns, close game.
Round 6 beaten by the Giants, 34 points

Dave Dave Dave, contract has a big fat ZERO to do with it.

If it was the contract he’d play all the time. He had no games for what a whole year.

AND surely his contract has inbuilt performance criteria eg games played, Copeland position etc et

If anything it would be (likely) cheaper not to play him.

Maybe it’s as simple as he did enough last week and he’s given his chance.

Whilst I don’t think he’s our future he’s still better than a few I could name. But discretion is the better part of valour.

He does not Deserve in the best 22 but he is in it and stayed in even after doing Sweet F All.

I still think the club want him in AFL so it does not make him Sitting in the VFL look like a Joke

JJ14AU

All Australian
Oct 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its been terrible.

Only the one game against Port has been an acceptable outcome for them. The've been belted by the good teams and beaten by some easybeats in their other five games.

Plus Port has no Ruckman and isn’t that the game Stefan Martin got 30? Then port got trashed by the Bombers the next week also

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He does not Deserve in the best 22 but he is in it and stayed in even after doing Sweet F All.

I still think the club want him in AFL so it does not make him Sitting in the VFL look like a Joke
Nobody cares if he’s in the VFL.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

This is just his fifth senior game for Collingwood. I don’t think the club is scared to play him in the VFL because of what it looks like, given he has played most of his football there so far.

Was ok in the first half last week but didnt do much in the second. A bit lucky to hold his spot but the club is still carefully managing injured players through this tricky Anzac Day period.

Last edited:
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
i guess ive adopted collingwood as my 2 best team although ive never really belived in having a second team...its one in all in for me but due to the fact the stevo ended up at collingwood...and my bombers are pissin me off atm..i have now adopted pies as an interest and now want them to do well ......in saying that i hope u dont mind me putting my 10 cents in......picking mayne( absolute cork) and blair( game wrecker and disposal and turn over king)...i am gob smacked ....what a perfect game to bring sier and mclarty in....they couldnt do any worse that mayne and blair...so u really wouldnt be going backwards....missing opportunitys like this can be costly....i think sier and mclarty would be frothing at the bit to get in and prove them selves in the seniors....and to have those to playing before callum brown and josh diacos is bad selection imo.....get the games in to the youngens while you have momentum...thomas is a surprise also and think theres others who would benefit playing than him......for me...having mayne in the forward line and blair buzzing around....i know my boy will have a great game and will seize the moment....hoping he will demand the ball and kick a bag so those 2 down get any where near the ball..hahaha.....saying this like the fonz...but go...erm...goooo ermmmm go pies this weekend

Grammar please.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its been terrible.

Beg to differ.

Other than the blow out against Richmond at the MCG, which is pretty much par for the course these days, I reckon that's a reasonable form line for a 0-6 side. Anyhow, time will tell.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Beg to differ.

Other than the blow out against Richmond at the MCG, which is pretty much par for the course these days, I reckon that's a reasonable form line for a 0-6 side. Anyhow, time will tell.

Thats a reasonable formline for a 0-6 side because they are s**t.

I dont see any results there (apart from Port and the equally s**t Suns) that say they were remotely competitive.

Their best player Zorko is averaging ten fewer possessions than last year.

If Collingwood with a list approaching its best and form as good as its been for a few seasons cant beat them then we are in for a year of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back