Prediction Changes v Brisbane: in Varcoe, Moore, Crocker, Adams; out: Reid, Brown, Aish, Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the frustration with Mayne and Blair playing ones, and does prove we still have a bit of work to do on our list to improve our depth players. I also understand the clubs position and not wanting to make too many changes to a team that is playing good football. 3 forced changes and Callum Brown who obviously needed a rest is already a big turnover. With Wells, Maynard, Brown, Langdon, Elliot and even Greenwood all within 1-3 weeks away the pressure will be on all our senior players to perform... If they dont they will be replaced. Good position to be in, hopefully we can get through the next few games with out any new injuries.

Hopefully the 4 ins will bring fresh legs, and blair and Mayne should be fresh as well.
Big game for us.

Pies by 36

Mayne must be doing something right on the track, TBH and i know i'll get flamed for this but he wasn't given much of a go last year, lets hope he turns it around, didn't play a bad game last week.
Flamed. OK in the first half and then went missing badly. Blair laid one OK tackle and made at least 6 errors, some in the crucial third quarter. I was confident that this would be an easy victory when I heard a few days back that these two were out. Now I'm really concerned that they will cost us an important victory and to be beaton by a winless team will not auger well for the confident football we played the past month....good god anyone who can't see that they cost us a chance at winning last week. We were 2 on the bench and two missing on the field - we had no chance

If you watched him play tonight you would see why
I briefly looked at the game and Keeffe happened to take a mark just inside the defensive 50. He then proceeded to hesitate, hesitate again, hesitate some more, then turn it over after the cats had an eternity to set up their defense.

Same old Keeffe. Solid defensively, but too slow and indecisive with ball in hand. The giants are welcome to him.

I briefly looked at the game and Keeffe happened to take a mark just inside the defensive 50. He then proceeded to hesitate, hesitate again, hesitate some more, then turn it over after the cats had an eternity to set up their defense.

Same old Keeffe. Solid defensively, but too slow and indecisive with ball in hand. The giants are welcome to him.

Keeffe appeared to be getting pushed around in the ruck and yet still managed a few hit outs. Grundy will have a field day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeffe appeared to be getting pushed around in the ruck and yet still managed a few hit outs. Grundy will have a field day.
16 disposals at 37% DE. That’s atrocious.

So Cal Brown has the dubious honour of being the first player this year to be "omitted”. I’m sure he’ll bounce back.
Really he was rested, so overall we still have no dropped players

I think

Possibly, but they have stated other players as being rested/managed previously whereas Cal has officially been “omitted”.
You're probably right, but he's been playing his role. I feel he just needs to build fitness and they probably want to give him more games throughout the season, rather than run out of puff.

He doesn't have the fitness base yet to play a full year.

Hopefully the boys have their energy levels up after a bit of a crowded schedule. Bit of a danger game this one but very very important for us. Some good ins but some quality out as well.

Omitted, if he was rested he would not be playing VFL
True unless they say run him for half a game or so.
So he gets a run but not at full bore.

As far as I can see, Mayne has been retained to do the job that Aish was covering. His loss of kicking penetration means tha he can no longer be the small centre half forward that he was recruited to be, and he looks capable in the new job. Since Aish won't be available for months, it makes sense to use Mayne for this job. Blair gets another week to allow Brown a week off. I would expect that, barring a standout game, he would make way next week for Brown to come back or perhaps the very different Wells to come in. Like many, I would like to see a way found to bring Fasolo in, but can see that selectors are struggling to hold on to a balance that he might upset.

Playing Blair and Mayne summarises 2015-2017 under Nathan Buckley - all effort, no output. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Josh Smith back in soon.

Better midfield-forwards than Blair - Daicos, Brown, Sier and an injured Daniel Wells

Greenwood is 10x the defensive forward that Mayne is AND he can tag. I won’t get started on Fasolo, I think we’ve heard it all.

I would prefer playing a one legged Tim Broomhead to playing Chris Mayne.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back