Changes v Brisbane - OUT Hannan & Maynard, IN Tyson & Bugg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not surprised about Brayshaw not being picked. His pre season form was solid but didn’t knock the door down for bloke trying to fight his way back into the side.

Good changes. Hannan would have survived in the past. Pressure on the forward line to pressure. Maynard was obvious out. Wagner shouldn't be in best 22 but has a crack and is obviously doing his role well enough to keep others out. Not really sure what's up with Brayshaw but I guess we'll see. If things go well will be interesting when Viney and McDonald comes in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so looks like we're gonna just stack the backline again as there's no change to the defence. don't mind the other changes, Tyson an obvious inclusion for Maynard and while Bugg is borderline best 22 the fwd half always seems to work better with him in it for some reason. good to see Kent getting closer too.

so looks like we're gonna just stack the backline again as there's no change to the defence. don't mind the other changes, Tyson an obvious inclusion for Maynard and while Bugg is borderline best 22 the fwd half always seems to work better with him in it for some reason. good to see Kent getting closer too.
Obviously once I hit "Post" on this it'll seal him kicking 6 against us ... but according to their line up, their second key forward is Dan McStay ... who, even according to his bio on their website, is a defender. It may be some foxing, and Josh Walker will play there ... but either way ... its set up for Lever to cut his teeth at his usual intercepting best, while containing a defender at the same time ... either way, we don't need Frost this week.

Happy with these changes.

Salem is lucky though. Assuming they're backing in his skill, but the coaches won't tolerate another poor game

The non-selection of Frost worries me for two reasons - it means O Mac is likely to get the job on Hipwood, who is crazy quick and athletic for a big man which doesn't suit O Mac, and it also forces Lever to play as a KPD rather than an intercepter on their second tall ...

The non-selection of Frost worries me for two reasons - it means O Mac is likely to get the job on Hipwood, who is crazy quick and athletic for a big man which doesn't suit O Mac, and it also forces Lever to play as a KPD rather than an intercepter on their second tall ...
O mac played 100% game time against the cats as well.. will need a rest playing on hipwood.. then what?

Obviously once I hit "Post" on this it'll seal him kicking 6 against us ... but according to their line up, their second key forward is Dan McStay ... who, even according to his bio on their website, is a defender. It may be some foxing, and Josh Walker will play there ... but either way ... its set up for Lever to cut his teeth at his usual intercepting best, while containing a defender at the same time ... either way, we don't need Frost this week.
yeah I suspect they're foxing too and walker will line up in the fwd line, they don't need more tall defenders against us. such a massive mistake playing Lever as a KD in my opinion, he's nowhere near big enough and main skill is wasted.
is 1.5 key defenders really enough? it has a flow on effect as Jetta and Hibberd then also have to play on bigger opponents as well. playing Frost will free up all those guys to play on similar sized players and then we start to win the 1 on 1's and then we become a much more attacking defence instead of one worried by its opponents.

yeah I suspect they're foxing too and walker will line up in the fwd line, they don't need more tall defenders against us. such a massive mistake playing Lever as a KD in my opinion, he's nowhere near big enough and main skill is wasted.
is 1.5 key defenders really enough? it has a flow on effect as Jetta and Hibberd then also have to play on bigger opponents as well. playing Frost will free up all those guys to play on similar sized players and then we start to win the 1 on 1's and then we become a much more attacking defence instead of one worried by its opponents.
That was my point, if its McStay playing forward ... well he's a defender, and hasn't shown much at all as a forward ... while Walker has played there predominantly, if Lever is a 0.5 Defender, Walker is a 0.2 forward... I've watched him get stitched up by NEAFL defenders multiple times ... for context ... Wagner was a NEAFL defender ...

Last week they had Hipwood mostly at CHF but struggled to impact and Cameron most dangerous almost at FF. Lacked another target up there, McStay can take a grab.

Happy with these changes.

Salem is lucky though. Assuming they're backing in his skill, but the coaches won't tolerate another poor game
I suspect they're prepared to take the risk that Selwood is unlikely to tunnel him under the flight of the footy and have him to land on his head again this week.

Last week they had Hipwood mostly at CHF but struggled to impact and Cameron most dangerous almost at FF. Lacked another target up there, McStay can take a grab.
He can, but can he take them as a forward, and not as a defender? Different kettle of fish, just ask the superstar Collingwood forward Jeremy Howe.

It'll be a big week for Nev on Cameron, my love for Nev is everlasting, but he wasn't great last week

That was my point, if its McStay playing forward ... well he's a defender, and hasn't shown much at all as a forward ... while Walker has played there predominantly, if Lever is a 0.5 Defender, Walker is a 0.2 forward... I've watched him get stitched up by NEAFL defenders multiple times ... for context ... Wagner was a NEAFL defender ...
lever has them covered for talent but walker and mcstay will both be too strong for lever and hipwood will be too tall for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back