Unofficial Preview Changes v Brisbane (out: Moore, Brown, Daicos; in: JDG, Aish, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nek minute in breaking news 'pies advise Jeremy Howe fully recovered from minor knee surgery.

Possibility this was the case. Misses a week with concussion but they decide to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and clean out the knee he hurt a while back. Recovers a bit slower than expected and misses a 2nd week so the club tells us it's a 'corkie'. If he's not back v Port then serious questions need to be asked.

Our pressure needs to be red hot

Not so, take a leaf out wc book. They're a transition team that managed to out transition the 2 pressure teams of the season and win. If you get into a stoppage / phone box game with the pies you'll get out transitioned on the link up. i:e you'll likely lose on the inside and we'll use our speed by leg or disposal to out transition.

Trying to out pressure a pressure side like Collingwood is asking for a belting, what you need is to be uber clean with ball in hand and avoid handball in transition - that will allow us to outnumber you and create a stoppage / turnover.

I know that's a lot to ask against a team that out possesses it's opponent week in week out, but pressure is not your answer.

I’ll tell you what’s funny, when I hear that “all teams have injuries”.

We are missing Dunn, Schaz and Howe.

That’s equivalent to teams missing:

Richmond : Rance, Astbury, Grimes
Eagles : McGovern, McKenzie , Barass
Giants : Davis, Haynes , Corr
Demons : Mcdonald brothers and Lever

These teams wouldn’t be winning games against bottoms sides if they were missing such key personnel.
It’s a joke.

Yeah but we have tons of good backups for Dunn Schaz and Howe.

Theres Reid, Goldsack, Moore as well as Appleby,

No excuses!!!!

I’ll tell you what’s funny, when I hear that “all teams have injuries”.

We are missing Dunn, Schaz and Howe.

That’s equivalent to teams missing:

Richmond : Rance, Astbury, Grimes
Eagles : McGovern, McKenzie , Barass
Giants : Davis, Haynes , Corr
Demons : Mcdonald brothers and Lever

These teams wouldn’t be winning games against bottoms sides if they were missing such key personnel.
It’s a joke.

We've done remarkably well to get to where we are missing the personnel you've named above. Richmonds strength is their interceptors/KPD. Take Rance, Astbury and Grimes out of that side and they're in a world of pain.

Would be amazing if somehow Goldsack and Reid could produce a purple patch of footy over the next 6-7 weeks. We could really use them in the senior line up.

Yeah but we have tons of good backups for Dunn Schaz and Howe.

Theres Reid, Goldsack, Moore as well as Appleby,

No excuses!!!!

Goldy yes, Moore can't stay on the park and Apples is a kid. Fingers crossed Reid's knees are fixed which might ease some of the load on his legs and he doesn't do a calf getting out of bed. We're blessed to have good KPD depth.

Goldy yes, Moore can't stay on the park and Apples is a kid. Fingers crossed Reid's knees are fixed which might ease some of the load on his legs and he doesn't do a calf getting out of bed. We're blessed to have good KPD depth.

I was being ironic by mentioning four injured players as depth. Whoosh. over your head.

I did say "as well as" for Appleby..........just nominating him as another injured defender.

Add Madgen and Mihocek of course. And McLarty has played plenty of football in defence too.

Ironic that we have so much KPD depth because at the start of the year it was probably mooted as a potential weakness

This is a danger game,as is every single game from here on in.It’s just a shame we didn’t get the points last week,it just would have put us in a much more comfortable position than we’re in now.

He’s not a key defender or a midfielder... he’s behind all our small forwards who have been fit all season

Mostly I agree. But I am just not sure he is behind Daicos and Brown when they are played forward or when De Gooey is played forward because those two are played in the middle.

the teams performance in his absence and in spite of our injuries is telling imo.

You might be right but this argument could be made for any player that has not been selected this season; Elliott, Goldsack included.

And that capacity to play 10-15% more game time is 1 of the significant advantages of playing mature bodies. There's less need to manage their game time and rotations thereby freeing up the capacity to more heavily rotate the mids.
Spot on.

It's why we would have an awesome first 6 weeks of the season if we had 22 Stephensons running around in our side but when we come up against nuggetty sides like Sydney we would come undone.

It gives pause for thought about where to best use JDG. The dynamic with those three and Thomas is pretty powerful.
It is difficult for sides to match up on them all. Thomas being such a great crumber means that it is like when we used to play Fremantle and Walters would snaffle 6 sausages from 6 possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a danger game,as is every single game from here on in.It’s just a shame we didn’t get the points last week,it just would have put us in a much more comfortable position than we’re in now.

Its been like that since round two. Rarely had a comfortable buffer where we could afford to drop a game or two. Very tight competition. At least we have won the games we should have won. Just didnt win quite enough 50/50's to be in a comfortable position. Good news is its still not too late!!! This time last year it was season over.

I was being ironic by mentioning four injured players as depth. Whoosh. over your head.

I did say "as well as" for Appleby..........just nominating him as another injured defender.

Add Madgen and Mihocek of course. And McLarty has played plenty of football in defence too.

Ironic that we have so much KPD depth because at the start of the year it was probably mooted as a potential weakness

I was well aware of the irony Tommy ;)

Pies by 55pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back