Unofficial Preview Changes v Brisbane (out: Moore, Brown, Daicos; in: JDG, Aish, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure.

I don't mind the look of a backline with Reid, Goldsack, Howe and Langdon. Mihocek plays forward, where he has been most effective so far this year. If Moore by miracle is right, he maybe takes Goldsack's spot, but I don't think we'll see Moore again this year. He'll need a full month to recover from the hammy and then VFL games.

We only have 3 AFL games left, so reckon he is fit by the time of the first week of the finals but will need to play VFL to get match fitness. If we win first week of finals, hard to see us making too many changes at that point,.

I'm not a huge Langdon fan, but he is pretty much the only member of the defence that has been a constant there all year. Everyone else has been injured, so can't seem them dropping him.

Imo Goldsack is a more effective and consistent player than Moore. As some have said, no Moore this year. We have not done very well in the games he has played for a variety of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo Goldsack is a more effective and consistent player than Moore. As some have said, no Moore this year. We have not done very well in the games he has played for a variety of reasons.

Him going down and leaving us one down on the bench is frustrating.
Him and Elliott I'd be leaving out this rest of this season.

As a side note, what the hell is going on with Howe?

Going to have not played a full game of football in like a month because of concussion?? What, did he get hit by a car? Brayshaw will probably spend less time than that on the sidelines....

Only at Collingwood.
Head injuries can be pretty serious. He also got a bad corkie. Hopefully good for Port.

Going to have not played a full game of football in like a month because of concussion?? What, did he get hit by a car? Brayshaw will probably spend less time than that on the sidelines....

Only at Collingwood.
The club have clearly said its a corkie keeping him out again.

Only at Collingwood.
I've got this theory that the selectors refuse to pick certain players just to piss some of the fans off

See how well it works?

Only at Collingwood.
I'm not unhappy that they haven't rushed Howe back. Pretty sure the default medical position on concussion was "no contact sports for three weeks" until quite recently -- and this is his third week.
In the past few years there has been much deeper consideration of the effects of concussion, with the result being an increase in caution as to the resumption of normal activity. It's clear that concussions differ and the effects aren't always obvious early. They can take months to recover from, and the risk of re-injury and even greater damage is very high. As much as I'm keen to see him out on the park again, I'm even keener that when he comes back it's because it's crystal clear that he's not taking undue risk.

One thing The Ox has is a good boot, he's calm, hits targets and can take a good mark. He isn't threatbinng by any means or (I assume) overly strong in the one on one though. How has he gone in the VFL this year I recall him being g mentioned in the bests numerous times?
BACK THE OX IN could be the missing piece of the puzzle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing The Ox has is a good boot, he's calm, hits targets and can take a good mark. He isn't threatbinng by any means or (I assume) overly strong in the one on one though. How has he gone in the VFL this year I recall him being g mentioned in the bests numerous times?
BACK THE OX IN could be the missing piece of the puzzle

Given the uncanny resemblance to Fletcher Roberts; it seems the stars are aligning for a repeat of 2016.
AF5530A0-EABE-4C13-9ED7-1B8A37841E76.png

Fair enough you might not rate him.

However, whilst he is on the list his complete non selection this season considering our injuries has been farcical.

the teams performance in his absence and in spite of our injuries is telling imo.

Oxley: Has shown he is never going to be best 22, 25 years old
Murphy: Has shown he has the ability to be something special down the track, 18 years old

In a years time who will we be more keen to have games under their belt? Blood Murphy and start the growing process.

In a years time is a year away. This weekend, Oxley is the better option. We have finals in a month to think about and thats the only focus. He'll probably only get a game and then Howe will return.

We've been blooding players all year so to suggest we have to blood another one for the sake of it is just nonsense. Best 22 need to be selected. As demonstrated by dropping Brown and Daicos, youth doesnt get you a free ticket.. Not performing, so they are out.

I do know more than the selectors re Oxley.

McClarty is more than ready to play one game of AFL.

McLarty has taken time to find that early season form post injury. Still not there, although the game against the Dawks was his best in a while.

McLarty isnt playing because the club doesnt believe he'd do a better job as a forward than Mihocek, and therefore they dont want to weaken the forward line by sending Mihocek back.

Whether its the right or wrong call remains to be seen but the Collingwood defence has held up well despite being undermanned and undersized all year.

I'll back in the Oxley selection over the McLarty one. Especially as Howe should be back for the Port game......easier to give Oxley a single game while it would be tough on McLarty to be dropped after debut.

McLarty has taken time to find that early season form post injury. Still not there, although the game against the Dawks was his best in a while.

He had a better game against the Bombers three weeks ago...….I will say it again....he is more than ready to play "one" game against the Lions.

I will answer for Dave.

One will be wearing Black & White in 2019 and one won't.

You figure out which one now.

And exactly how will that influence the outcome tomorrow night?

Three father sons out is more than compensated by the return of Oxley! :thumbsu:

I'm a little shocked that Mayne is still in the side. I've just compared Maynes' statistical out put to Daicos', against the same opposition and time period this year.

There's not much in it, statically even. Mayne averages 1.9 (Disposals), 1.4 (1%), 1.5 (Rebound fifties), .4 (contested possessions) more and .9 (clangers) less per game. Daicos impacts the scoreboard 5 goals and 4 goal assists to Maynes' 2 goal assists. This is exactly the reason why I had/have an issue with Mayne being drafted by the club, he is getting in they way of young player development.

Mayne is a 189 game player that contributes just as much as Josh Daicos a 12 game player. Personally, I expect more!

upload_2018-8-10_9-47-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-10_9-26-41.png
    upload_2018-8-10_9-26-41.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back