Preview Changes v Brisbane Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

What's with the egg yolk thing? My son is the same. The only way I can get him to eat the white is to make an omelette... but then he he won't eat it unless I put bacon in it, so I'm not sure it's any better.
Yeah he's two, he only wanted the yolk like not even an omelette or scramble egg, raw like ol' dirty bastard says. I was like "yeah whatever dude I can do that easy!!!".

Wife cracked it like f off i don't know about allergies and fda recommendations, if he doesn't want egg yolk why'd he ask for it.

Yeah he's two, he only wanted the yolk like not even an omelette or scramble egg, raw like ol' dirty bastard says. I was like "yeah whatever dude I can do that easy!!!".

Wife cracked it like f off i don't know about allergies and fda recommendations, if he doesn't want egg yolk why'd he ask for it.
Haha I love that your parental style is as loose as many of your posts.

I'd love to see a blog of your stay at home dad escapades.

whatever happened to just eating the whole egg?
When is the team announced? I assume it's tomorrow night.
Lol once being a smart arse I ate a whole boiled egg, shell and all, cause my mum told me to eat everything on my plate. Was about 3 at the time

Lol once being a smart arse I ate a whole boiled egg, shell and all, cause my mum told me to eat everything on my plate. Was about 3 at the time
Yeah my dude will be doing that sorta s**t to me too, I can't wait.

In- May, Weideman, Laurie
Out- M.Brown, Gawn, Turner, Harmes

For awhile Tomlinson played a decent role as a second ruck at the Giants. He can provide a chop out to Jackson.

B Hibberd May Bowey
HB Salem Petty Lever
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett Weideman ANB
F Fritsch B.Brown Fritsch
FOLL: Jackson Brayshaw Petrecca
I/C: Viney, Sparrow, Tomlinson, Chandler
Sub: Laurie

For awhile Tomlinson played a decent role as a second ruck at the Giants. He can provide a chop out to Jackson.

B Hibberd May Bowey
HB Salem Petty Lever
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett Weideman ANB
If only we had 2 Slicks eh.

B Hibberd May Bowey
HB Salem Petty Lever
C Langdon Oliver Jordan
HF Pickett Weideman ANB
Why Harmes?

Interesting to see whether we go in smaller up forward (my preference) or stick with the same structure.

If we go smaller: May, Weid, Bedford/Chandler in for M. Brown, Gawn, Turner. This would be my preference

If we stick with 3 talls up forward it may well be JVR coming in to replace M. Brown up forward with Weid playing Jacko's FWD/RUCK role

I also would like either Rivers, Hunt or Sparrow as sub.
If things are going badly in the centre I'd like to have the option of pushing Brayshaw into the guts or Salem further up the ground for better ball use. Gus is in some serious form and as valuable as taking 15 marks a week behind the ball has been it hasn't been translating into goals. If Trac is having one of his jogging around going at half ratpower games then put him in the goalsquare and let Gus at it.

Interesting to see whether we go in smaller up forward (my preference) or stick with the same structure.

If we go smaller: May, Weid, Bedford/Chandler in for M. Brown, Gawn, Turner. This would be my preference

If we stick with 3 talls up forward it may well be JVR coming in to replace M. Brown up forward with Weid playing Jacko's FWD/RUCK role

I also would like either Rivers, Hunt or Sparrow as sub.
If things are going badly in the centre I'd like to have the option of pushing Brayshaw into the guts or Salem further up the ground for better ball use. Gus is in some serious form and as valuable as taking 15 marks a week behind the ball has been it hasn't been translating into goals. If Trac is having one of his jogging around going at half ratpower games then put him in the goalsquare and let Gus at it.
yeah i have been thinking similar thoughts on Gus lately. now that we have some fit defenders again, i wouldn't mind us actually bringing Rivers back into defence and moving Gus into the midfield rotations again at the expense of one of Sparrow or Harmes, then playing Trac forward a bit more. god knows we could do with a contested winner in the F50 for a change. BB, M.Brown, Fritsch, Spargo, ANB, and Pickett would be the softest bunch of forwards in the AFL, and don't the opposition coaches know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we've gotta keep Gus at half back. Playing the best footy of his career and is reading the play incredibly with the play unfolding in front of him. His versatility has been great for the team, but I think in this instance we keep him where he is and look to shuffle others around if need be.

Perfectly legitimate view but IMO if we want the ability to change things up when the game isn't going well, Gus being able to go into the midfield is a move that should be in the playbook. Sparrow isn't playing well, ANB who hasn't been playing well has even been getting centre bounces. In recent weeks Oliver basically carries the midfield on his back, Gus plays well behind the ball and we still lose.

Still think he starts back and Trac, Viney and Oliver are the starting mids but we shouldn't forget that we've got a gun contested ball winner and tackler, despite his limitations, who can play midfield minutes (and wants to).

I'm a bit over getting to three quarter time playing poorly and the only move we have to pull is to bring on a forward pocket if we get an injury.

Perfectly legitimate view but IMO if we want the ability to change things up when the game isn't going well, Gus being able to go into the midfield is a move that should be in the playbook. Sparrow isn't playing well, ANB who hasn't been playing well has even been getting centre bounces. In recent weeks Oliver basically carries the midfield on his back, Gus plays well behind the ball and we still lose.

Still think he starts back and Trac, Viney and Oliver are the starting mids but we shouldn't forget that we've got a gun contested ball winner and tackler, despite his limitations, who can play midfield minutes (and wants to).

I'm a bit over getting to three quarter time playing poorly and the only move we have to pull is to bring on a forward pocket if we get an injury.
I hear ya, but if Gus was in the midfield and not half back in the 3rd quarter we would have been a further 5 goals down.

With no May (recently), Lever's intercepting output well down, Petty constantly getting injured and now Max out for a while, we need players in defence that can take an intercept mark and dispose of it well.

Brayshaw's disposal has been so much better this year with the extra time he gets at half back and the amount of ball he's been getting. I've always felt he's a really hot and cold footballer - when he's playing well and getting heaps of touches his disposal is geat. When he's playing on a wing and getting 8 kicks like 4 of them will be floaters. Strange player like that.

There's also the long held suspicion (has it ever been confirmed in interview?) that Gus shifted out of the inside roll to protect his noggin.

Like you said, we just need our role players to gain some touch. Sparrow, Nibs, Harmes all not having much impact. Trac still down. These guys just need to lift 10-20% and bring some flippin pressure around the ball and we'll be okay with the form Oliver and Viney are in.

Not sure throwing Gus in the guts will fix our problems

3:30 pm and no JVR video – I know it makes sense not to have him go up against Adams and Andrews in his first game, but was holding out hope purely for the excitement factor.

our method looks like staying the same bringing in two talls, no question, fk respecting the game, lets hope we respect ourselves enough this week to put in a better performance

Happy enough with the changes, last chance/s for Weeeeed I guess.

hes had more last chances than he deserves. I have zero hope.

god that emergency list is glum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back