Preview Changes v Brisbane (the ol' 'home' game in Queensland)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not keen for straight swap of a running mid/flank Vanders with a key tall Tmac, could throw the team out of balance again. Weid is thriving on being the deepest tall and having the other key tall working up the ground is working really well. Assuming adding another key tall will make this combination work better is folly as we will have one less mid sized player to cover the ground. While Tmac is very fit and can run all day, he isn't overly fast and isn't as agile as a mid sized player.

Out:
Vanders , Jackson

In:
Rivers (push Salem up the ground) , Tmac

Playing Tmac who has never previously played a game as a winger is the most logical thing to do??
replacing a guy who isn't even in the team

Thats the Melbourne way!

Tmac in and play him on a wing in the Tomlinson role. Push Brayshaw to AVB HF spot rather than wing

But at which point did Jackson overtake Tmac as our first or second key forward choice and so forcing Tmac to go find another role to play?

I could understand an argument for Jackson to go play on the wing (he seems faster and more agile than Tmac) and so he can still give Gawn a chop out in the ruck, I don't necessarily agree with it, but makes more sense then the above

Tomlinson on the wing makes sense to me. He holds his width well and i think he would look better when the side is playing better. Probably prefer Tomlinson's field kicking, but haven't really had the chance to see's Tmac for a while. Don't see the point in dropping Jackson atm.

Five into the squad after a huge win lol

Jones, McDonald, ANB, Smith, Tomlinson. Vanders out.

McDonald in to play on the weekend seems likely for me, maybe Smith for Lockhart.

Where is Rivers???

Five into the squad after a huge win lol

Jones, McDonald, ANB, Smith, Tomlinson. Vanders out.

McDonald in to play on the weekend seems likely for me, maybe Smith for Lockhart.

Where is Rivers???
You have to name 26 players, we couldn't have brought fewer than five players in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Tmac done as a key forward this year? He's looked most dangerous taking grabs outside the forward 50.

Plus he has a big tank to get up and down the ground, which I doubt Jackson has at this point to run out a game on the wing.

You could obviously leave Tmac out and bring Tomlinson back in on that spot. But I rate Tmac a better play who is more dangerous
But at which point did Jackson overtake Tmac as our first or second key forward choice and so forcing Tmac to go find another role to play?

I could understand an argument for Jackson to go play on the wing (he seems faster and more agile than Tmac) and so he can still give Gawn a chop out in the ruck, I don't necessarily agree with it, but makes more sense then the above

What's Tmac done as a key forward this year? He's looked most dangerous taking grabs outside the forward 50.

Plus he has a big tank to get up and down the ground, which I doubt Jackson has at this point to run out a game on the wing.

You could obviously leave Tmac out and bring Tomlinson back in on that spot. But I rate Tmac a better play who is more dangerous

Yeah he hasn't been too good this year, but he's also been the lone tall forward with a terrible game plan going inside 50. We haven't seen him this year with Weideman alongside him in the forward 50 and with our much better ball use going inside 50 from the last 2 weeks.

Definitely keep Jackson in the side, but I think we can have him and Tmac at the same time.

Yeah he hasn't been too good this year, but he's also been the lone tall forward with a terrible game plan going inside 50. We haven't seen him this year with Weideman alongside him in the forward 50 and with our much better ball use going inside 50 from the last 2 weeks.

Definitely keep Jackson in the side, but I think we can have him and Tmac at the same time.
So do I, but I think one has to play high and I reckon Tmac is best suited. Weid needs to stay deep, crash packs and avoid ruck duties. Jackson can up ruck at which point Tmac pushes deeper.

Without looking it up, I think there were multiple instances in 2018 of Tmac starting on a wing and pushing forward. Could be wrong but * it. Sounds good to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back