Preview Changes v Brisbane (the ol' 'home' game in Queensland)

Remove this Banner Ad

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, on the post i quoted, on our team sheet no less, it says GABBA 6:10PM
Says Metricon on the AFL app, and 🦊 Sports. Would be so Melbourne to turn up to the wrong ground...
SmartSelect_20200723-195809_AFL.jpg

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
What's Tmac done as a key forward this year? He's looked most dangerous taking grabs outside the forward 50.

Plus he has a big tank to get up and down the ground, which I doubt Jackson has at this point to run out a game on the wing.

You could obviously leave Tmac out and bring Tomlinson back in on that spot. But I rate Tmac a better play who is more dangerous

Jackson played a great game against a Hawthorn team out of form, but it doesn't make him better than Tmac in that high forward role. I don't want Tmac crowding down too much in the forward 50 either, the high forward role needs to be pushing up the ground which is what Jackson was doing. We are operating so well with one deep tall and one tall pushing up the ground and Gawn playing behind the ball. Go one taller and I think it gets crowded.

I reckon we have to throw everything we can at the next few games and if we win at least 3 of 6 we give ourselves a really good chance at playing finals. Tmac is the seasoned and proven player and his form was starting to turn around when he got injured. For mine he has to go back into that high forward role he played half a game before the eye injury. I'm also excited about Jacksons prospects but expecting him to play consistently well in such a critical position against quality teams like Brisbane I think is setting unrealistic expectations in his first year, happy to proven wrong of course.

Amazing that you still support Melbourne given your unrealistic expectations. 🤣🤣

Even I figure they should be able to name the actual venue we're playing at. This reflects even more poorly on G2B .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Am I the only one now genuinely concerned that the team will show up at the Gabba?

Nope! But I'm also scared of this test we are about to face, so not sure it;s the worst option. Go Dees

WE are a good team, BUT Martin out is huuugggeee for us.
Archie Smith will come in for him, and Gawn will absolutely give him a bath.

Max usually plays s**t against noobs. Seriously. It's a thing he does.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
WE are a good team, BUT Martin out is huuugggeee for us.
Archie Smith will come in for him, and Gawn will absolutely give him a bath.

The Lions have been using two rucks most of the season, with Oscar McInerney really improving this year. So Max will be double teamed by him and Smith (and will hopefully still thrive).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Five into the squad after a huge win lol

Jones, McDonald, ANB, Smith, Tomlinson. Vanders out.

McDonald in to play on the weekend seems likely for me, maybe Smith for Lockhart.

Where is Rivers???
We have the game on Sunday, it's an extended squad.

Jackson played a great game against a Hawthorn team out of form, but it doesn't make him better than Tmac in that high forward role. I don't want Tmac crowding down too much in the forward 50 either, the high forward role needs to be pushing up the ground which is what Jackson was doing. We are operating so well with one deep tall and one tall pushing up the ground and Gawn playing behind the ball. Go one taller and I think it gets crowded.

I reckon we have to throw everything we can at the next few games and if we win at least 3 of 6 we give ourselves a really good chance at playing finals. Tmac is the seasoned and proven player and his form was starting to turn around when he got injured. For mine he has to go back into that high forward role he played half a game before the eye injury. I'm also excited about Jacksons prospects but expecting him to play consistently well in such a critical position against quality teams like Brisbane I think is setting unrealistic expectations in his first year, happy to proven wrong of course.

Jackson showed more in 1 game than Tmac has in 12 months. Plus Weid looks 5 times better with Mcdonald

Don't * with a winning formula

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Martin out is huge. Will Gawn continue his dominance? Or will he fail to capitalise against a poor ruckman (Pittonet, Chol/Injured Nank/Fort)? Will be the story of the game, given both team's midfields.

Brisbane gave up about 10 goals straight to Geelong, so their midfield can be bullied for periods of the game (Neale and Zorko went quiet and Danger/Selwood got on top). Geelong were pretty clinical kicking goals going forward, which will be a big test for us.

Brisbane are just a good team at the moment, they don't have too many passengers. Would love to see May iron someone out early to set the tone. Viney should go straight to Zorko and Petracca can go head to head with Neale. We're a chance but an outside one. Need the experienced players to lead the way, and hopefully our talented youngsters can have some important cameos

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Martin out is huge. Will Gawn continue his dominance? Or will he fail to capitalise against a poor ruckman (Pittonet, Chol/Injured Nank/Fort)? Will be the story of the game, given both team's midfields.

Brisbane gave up about 10 goals straight to Geelong, so their midfield can be bullied for periods of the game (Neale and Zorko went quiet and Danger/Selwood got on top). Geelong were pretty clinical kicking goals going forward, which will be a big test for us.

Brisbane are just a good team at the moment, they don't have too many passengers. Would love to see May iron someone out early to set the tone. Viney should go straight to Zorko and Petracca can go head to head with Neale. We're a chance but an outside one. Need the experienced players to lead the way, and hopefully our talented youngsters can have some important cameos
With Gawn playing behind the ball and 2 tall forwards in the team, plus May in the team compared to 2018, we should be able to limit the 2 rucks beating up on Gawn strategy by keeping him back. Hopefully anyway.

rain expected for Sunday afternoon/evening

That should help our midfield but hurt Gawn around the ground

rain expected for Sunday afternoon/evening

That should help our midfield but hurt Gawn around the ground

Give us the rain, will happily take it. Brisbane play like a team who likes a fast deck.

Turns out he's a pretty good ruckman. Hawthorn would be spewing.

That would explain Gawn's dominate first half and dismal second half versus Carlton. Thought he was going up a legit ruckman in the first half, then someone mentioned the total numbers of games he played at half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back