Changes v Brisbane

Do you think Scott Thompson WILL come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Galluci will be a good solid role player with a couple of impressive athletic traits

Good that he's been selected , definitely hasn't set the world on fire and after watching 18s the last 6 or 7 years IMO he's one of the weaker 1st round picks we've had

But that's ok - he'll still have a role and be better than Dmac
I respect your thoughts however DMac shouldn't be a benchmark standard.
I hope the lad becomes a valuable member in time with our team.
Throughout the draft period I had my eye on SPP. Our picks didn't fall accordingly.
Seemed to have all the aggression that the crows lack.
Hope Brad Crouch can bring the toughness back to our midfield. It's needed.

As a first rounder we need him to be more than just better than Dmac!

I have nothing against him and I am certainly not lining him up to be my whipping boy to replace Mackay :). I hope he turns out to be gun as we need him to be that.
If he turns out to be a gun I'll be pleasantly surprised

Ps By no means am I saying he's a dud

I respect your thoughts however DMac shouldn't be a benchmark standard.
I hope the lad becomes a valuable member in time with our team.
Throughout the draft period I had my eye on SPP. Our picks didn't fall accordingly.
Seemed to have all the aggression that the crows lack.
Hope Brad Crouch can bring the toughness back to our midfield. It's needed.
The picks did fall accordingly but we didn't take him

Remember that Port took Marshall with their first pick

validity is about truth, of course the water is muddied because we're talking about footy and its hard to define terms, but for example "Jenkins is one of the hardest players in the AFL" is an invalid opinion.

I'm just joshing around DD.......pun intended. :)

Not cool. Would be seriously disappointed if he got heckled by a single crows fan when his only crime is that of being continuously picked by every coach he has played under.
By the same token , without the heckling, playing SANFL would give him an indication of what he needs to regain. Travelling emergency is a gift for someone younger or an immediate need.

By the same token , without the heckling, playing SANFL would give him an indication of what he needs to regain. Travelling emergency is a gift for someone younger or an immediate need.

No he definately needs to come back through the SANFL. And he needs to be lower on the pecking order than Knight, Menzel, Seed and probably even Wigg. There is no injustice in his dropping and it has been overdue. But we need to show all of our players respect and support them.

I would be frankly embarrassed to hear that a fellow crow fan heckled one of our own players. Port players are fair game. Other teams too. But not our own players.

Galluci will be a good solid role player with a couple of impressive athletic traits

Good that he's been selected , definitely hasn't set the world on fire and after watching 18s the last 6 or 7 years IMO he's one of the weaker 1st round picks we've had

But that's ok - he'll still have a role and be better than Dmac

Yep no matter what, the Galluci exposure is a better way forward than investing more time in Mackay.....sad to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's taking it a bit too far.

Last year his form was very good in the SANFL and we should have given him the opportunity at AFL whilst he had the confidence up.

This year we played him in 2 JLT games, got a heap of the ball but burnt it. Based on that he seems destined to not play one AFL game.

This for a player picked in the 40s and has been on our list for 3 years. What a waste of a pick and 3 years and not even given him one game to see what he can do.
Picked in the 30s actually ...35 ish then Gov was next in 40s

Best 3 players in 2 of his last 3 sanfl games and one of those was our best according to our site

Emergency 3x in 3 yrs in a row at GC with no debut in between

I reckon it's a bit weird TBH

If we lose to this rabble of a side it would be mortifying, beyond the pale stuff.

I think the selections will finally put the team on notice and except a BIG lift.

Great to see the Gooch get a run. a 10-15 touch game form him will still be light years ahead of Dmac's soft squibbery.

I dont think he's quick enough in traffic to play inside mid. Would just get tackled before getting the ball out. I wouldn't be against lining him up on the wing from time to time to expose a shorter opponent and get him in the game though
I probably should have specified outside mid or wingman.

Not so much a centre bounce player.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It sounds like Brisbane will absolutely be tagging Sloane this week.

""We may well do that again tomorrow night," Fagan said with a big grin at his press conference on Friday."
Guarantee 2 of their first 4 goals will come from us throwing around the tagger and getting 50's paid against us.....almost bookmark it.

validity is about truth, of course the water is muddied because we're talking about footy and its hard to define terms, but for example "Jenkins is one of the hardest players in the AFL" is an invalid opinion.
It might be semantics but 'invalid' doesn't mean the same thing as 'wrong'. And truth is often hard to define. Your example takes an extreme view to make your point, but more often the distinction is between 'Jenkins is a good forward even though he's not terribly physical' and 'Jenkins is a poor forward because he's not physical enough'. You can't say either one of those points of view is true or false, only arguable one way or another. Both opinions are valid whether you agree with them or not.

Back