Changes v Brisbane

Do you think Scott Thompson WILL come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You've got the attitude that our players have displayed the last two weeks, the AFL is an elite competition and on any given day if teams don't bring their A game an upset is always on the cards especially playing away from home. The last 2 weeks the opposition brought their A+ mindset game and we turned up with our C- mindset game. I would also point out too that the 2017 Chris Fagan coached Lions are a far different outfit to the 2016 Justin Leppitsch coached Lions, they do at least have structures now and have been quite competitive at times, sustaining it for 4 quarters has been their problem.

"Elite competition" sure (I mean, that's a pretty meaningless thing to say), but that doesn't mean every team is elite.

Right now, this is a 16 team league with 2 further adrift and whilst Brisbane (and Carlton) have shown potential to not be one of the teams in the AFL abyss but they aren't there yet.

If you are not confident against these teams, you're gunning for a no.1 draft pick.

"Elite competition" sure (I mean, that's a pretty meaningless thing to say), but that doesn't mean every team is elite.

Right now, this is a 16 team league with 2 further adrift and whilst Brisbane (and Carlton) have shown potential to not be one of the teams in the AFL abyss but they aren't there yet.

If you are not confident against these teams, you're gunning for a no.1 draft pick.
Just how is it meaningless, as far as Australian Rules go the AFL is ABSOLUTELY the elite competition, that is not even debatable.

Just how is it meaningless, as far as Australian Rules go the AFL is ABSOLUTELY the elite competition, that is not even debatable.

What does that even mean?

Like the athletes get paid good money?
The league is run by incompetents who like the change the rules?
The umpiring is horribly inconsistent?
Collingwood plays in it?
Unless what your stating is it's better than the VFL/SANFL?

It is the elite competition of the AFL sport, but that doesn't mean anything when you are talking about team quality. It's a throwaway comment.

I am not as confident, as it really looked like we were worked out in the 2nd half against Melbourne.

Doesn't matter how hard you work when that happens.
Reality is every team knows how every team plays. You and I knew how Hawthorn won their flags yet it took forever for them to fall.

If you do what you do well enough, teams won't be able to stop you. We have work to do though.

What does that even mean?

Like the athletes get paid good money?
The league is run by incompetents who like the change the rules?
The umpiring is horribly inconsistent?
Collingwood plays in it?
Unless what your stating is it's better than the VFL/SANFL?

Regardless, it's very meaningless.
None of the above.

The best of the best play AFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest!

None of the above.

The best of the best play AFL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest!

So another way of saying it's a better league than the SANFL/VFL. Now, tell me how that relates to the quality of two teams in the AFL?

Especially seeing quality is not evenly spread between sides.

Reality is every team knows how every team plays. You and I knew how Hawthorn won their flags yet it took forever for them to fall.

If you do what you do well enough, teams won't be able to stop you. We have work to do though.

I do agree, however it was very concerning how one dimensional Melbourne (and North) made us look. If we had that 2nd/3rd style to fall back on then I'd be more inclined to agree it's all attitude, those games showed we don't yet.

To be fair, we are playing Brisbane who are miles off Melbourne, and North. They're probably the worst team in the league currently.

This one you can just about pencil in. (Much like versing Carlton and Collingwood would be the same)
Exactly what everyone was saying the last 2 weeks
Who would of thought Melb would beat us at home 3 weeks ago

But I get your point , I'm still going into each game with trepidation for the time being as trust has been lost !

Problem is finals aren't that style of fast play

Bulldogs flag built on the opposite style to us
Completely agree, that's why we need to be able to at least break even with physical, contested, grinding footy.

The fast game is all well and good when teams have a lapse in concentration. It allows us to pile on goals like nothing else. It is a good weapon but cant be our Plan A

People are saying its game over for the crows this season, worse position than last year, we dont play contested style of football blah blah. Yet for the first 6 weeks Adelaide were the number one contested possession team in the comp?

Too many chicken littles in here.

People are saying its game over for the crows this season, worse position than last year, we dont play contested style of football blah blah. Yet for the first 6 weeks Adelaide were the number one contested possession team in the comp?

The old saying goes..."You're only as good as your last game"....

You need to be good enough to grind out wins against sides, even when they don't allow you to play "your" game. We've looked like we can beat anyone when the game is on our terms, but once it swings he haven't looked willing or able to get in there and grind it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched him this season?
It's a whole lot better than it was last year.
I must admit I haven't. Carlton games would be close to the bottom of the list of games I'd want to watch.

I think the only one I've seen was the one against the Bombers in the rain.

His stats certainly seem to indicate he's more accurate this year.

Back