Unofficial Preview Changes v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is a decent side.

The fluff that are out are very overrated.
Yup, they aren't good enough that it makes much difference.

With a few personnel changes Ken's gameplan will be under the spotlight ie how much has it contributed to Trengove and Impey struggling
I wonder of the same with Jakey.
Maybe if he was just roving packs and at the feet of a multiple tall forwardline he may have realised his potential.
No one doubts his talent... the common refrain is 'he goes missing'
or is not consistent ( as a FF ha ha)

2 new players is not a complete strategy change.
It's an acknowledgment that the old guard weren't performing to expectation and that perhaps we didn't have the correct structure in place.

Inexperience can sometimes pay off but sometimes backfire.

Tomorrow we're playing Bonner (1 game), Marshall (0 games), Howard (7 games) and Johnson (3 games). That's 4 players with a combined total of 11 games of AFL experience.

It's a bold move. I doubt they all keep their places come finals but at least they are being given the chance to stake their claim.

Tomorrow we're playing Bonner (1 game), Marshall (0 games), Howard (7 games) and Johnson (3 games). That's 4 players with a combined total of 11 games of AFL experience.

It's a bold move. I doubt they all keep their places come finals but at least they are being given the chance to stake their claim.
Faark, when you put it that way! Seems our best 22 weren't our best 22 after all. Please do well kids. You are our future.

To be honest though, we have replaced a tall forward/ ruck, with a tall forward. Perhaps you mean personel

Don't forget that Dougal is also in the side.

Out: Ah Chee, In: SPP (like for like)
Out: Pittard, In; Bonner (like for like)
Out: Impey, In: Marshall

We dropped a small and brought in a tall, leading target. This is something we've all been hanging out for.

Don't forget that Dougal is also in the side.

Out: Ah Chee, In: SPP (like for like)
Out: Pittard, In; Bonner (like for like)
Out: Impey, In: Marshall

We dropped a small and brought in a tall, leading target. This is something we've all been hanging out for.
Yes but last week's game was the only one this year where we had one less tall forward

Can't agree (in our case) the chaff that has been dropped have done nothing ....Leadership? Non existent

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but last week's game was the only one this year where we had one less tall forward

2 talls in the forward line, which we've been playing all year, hasn't really been anyone's problem though - its been WHO we've been playing as those talls. Hopefully Marshall is the fix.

Ballarat is the perfect place to stake a claim.

[QUOTE="Power Girl, post: 51935547, member: ]
I'm suddenly interested in our season again. Would love to know what is happening behind closed doors at Port at the moment. Seems Ken has had his tune changed.[/QUOTE]
I think there's been a coup and Ken was deposed and replaced by a double.

Can't agree (in our case) the chaff that has been dropped have done nothing ....Leadership? Non existent

There's still a downside risk with young and inexperienced players, even if your senior players have been underperforming and are (deservedly) dropped. Let's hope they all perform and we take it right up to the Bulldogs.

If anyone's looking to kill some time after the game, the tour of J Ward in Ararat is worth it - spooky place

http://www.jward.org.au/

Interesting place, but you have to wonder why they have compromised the historical appearance of the guard's tower by lining the fence around the walkway to it with what appears to be modern galvanised iron sheets.
I doubt galv had even been heard of when the place was built, and you would think the fence is too low for it to be an oh&s requirement.

Bonner in a few years with some experience, increased fitness, confidence and an AFL body matches Pittard, but right now he doesn't.
Marshall is a super talent, but it is highly likely his performance this week in the pressure cooker of an AFL match will be far below what we would've gotten from Trengove. He isn't playing now because he is clearly better, he's playing because he is the better option long term.
Johnson then is also in what his 4th game, he's an inconsistent kid at SANFL level who barely deserved a shot and is probably still behind Impey in terms of his actual playing level, but while Impey is down on form there is little harm in giving him some time to develop even though it makes us weaker.

Yep. Our side is obviously weaker in the short term and almost certainly will be more inconsistent with these selections, however there's some excitement in seeing the future and hopefully this chance can help these guys develop a bit quicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back