Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

5 to 6 changes.

Statement game.

Simpson and Voss get a debut.

Freddy and Switta for the X factor.

Brodie and Wagner purely cause they are tactically needed in their lines.

4 to 6 changes is a bit drastic. It's less of that and more bring your mouthguards to training type of week.

It's a massive crossroads type game this weekend. Does the team want to play finals? We'll see after this weekend.

Voss for Amiss is a forced change and Switta and Freddy are best 22 so that's 3 changes straight off the bat. Youngy limped off so could be 4 forced changes.

Seeing as mostly everyone was dog s**t, I would make changes based on injury and who has been s**t for a few games. That’s right, that means Banfield stays!

Out Amiss (injured) Young (if injured) Walters (“managed”) O’Meara Hughes
In Tabs Brodie Switta Frederick Chapman

Chapman Pearce Ryan
Clark Draper Aish
Sharp Fyfe Brayshaw
Switta Tabs Frederick
Treacy Jackson Emmett
Darcy Brodie Serong

Banfield Sturt Johnson Walker

Anyone but Erasmus to be sub.

In fairness to Hughes I don’t think he’s been as s**t as some people on here suggest, but the fact of the matter is that Chappy just gives us so much more so needs to come in.

Freddy and Switta back surely.

Bring in Brodie for Omeara
Chappy for Hughes
Stanley as the Sub

Omeara and walters can all go to peel.

Not sure what to do with Raz to be honest. He just looks so lost out there.

I really want to see Simpson. He could've kicked 6 on the weekend. Hes a class above at WAFL.
Cooper , Cooper , Cooper ……….

1713706777599.gif

Last edited:
C’mon Brodie needs to be injected.

You couldn’t help watch that game and see our mids look dusty. Tired. Bit of wear and tear from Adelaide.
Brodie is great but he's limited to the roll of midfield bull. The problem is that we have Young and Fyfe playing this role. Brodie can only play if one of these two are unavailable. You don't just select players for the sake of it. Young had some hamstring awareness so if we were to rest him now would be the perfect time to play Brodie to reward his form. Otherwise he needs to wait for an opportunity at Peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Young is injured Brodie in is a no brainer. Even if young isn’t injured I’d bring Brodie in and Young and Brayshaw can rotate through JOMs Wing role. Young is by far our most damaging kick so we need to get him on the outside of stoppage more.
Hughes > Chapman
Walters > Frederick
JOM > Brodie
Erasmus > Switta
Amiss > Tabs (to stretch the Dogs defence)
Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Draper Chapman
Brayshaw Fyfe Sharp
Sturt Treacy Switowski
Jackson Tabs Frederick
Darcy Young Serong

B: Brodie Johnson Aish Emmett
Sub: Banfield

Aish on very thin ice but they won’t drop him. Would also consider Stanley as Sub, perhaps if Young is an out Banfield stays in on the wing and Stanley to sub.

JLO mentioned Hayden Young being tight in the hamstring during the game. Losing him would be a disaster, he's been making other players and coaches look good this year.

If Young is injured Brodie in is a no brainer. Even if young isn’t injured I’d bring Brodie in and Young and Brayshaw can rotate through JOMs Wing role. Young is by far our most damaging kick so we need to get him on the outside of stoppage more.
Hughes > Chapman
Walters > Frederick
JOM > Brodie
Erasmus > Switta
Amiss > Tabs (to stretch the Dogs defence)
Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Draper Chapman
Brayshaw Fyfe Sharp
Sturt Treacy Switowski
Jackson Tabs Frederick
Darcy Young Serong

B: Brodie Johnson Aish Emmett
Sub: Banfield

Aish on very thin ice but they won’t drop him. Would also consider Stanley as Sub, perhaps if Young is an out Banfield stays in on the wing and Stanley to sub.
Voss instead of Tabs. Tabs didn’t get a run on the weekend, Tabs/Sturt in the same fwd line isn’t a great mix as they are both not physical players at all and i reckon cause we loss it be good to have a debutant to bring some exuberance.

Voss instead of Tabs. Tabs didn’t get a run on the weekend, Tabs/Sturt in the same fwd line isn’t a great mix as they are both not physical players at all and i reckon cause we loss it be good to have a debutant to bring some exuberance.
Tabs warmed up with the team with footy shorts and joggers and a similar shirt to Ras. So he was on standby for someone. From what I’ve seen it’s no big difference either way be it Voss or Tabs. At least for next week with Amiss out.

I would really like to see Simpson one of the ins but I’m almost certain the following players will be ins and that is at least 4 changes:
Chappy, Brodie, Freddy and Switta

Then add either Voss or Tabs and that makes 5 changes.

Brodie is in better form than JOM and Erasmus.

Tabs warmed up with the team with footy shorts and joggers and a similar shirt to Ras. So he was on standby for someone. From what I’ve seen it’s no big difference either way be it Voss or Tabs. At least for next week with Amiss out.

I would really like to see Simpson one of the ins but I’m almost certain the following players will be ins and that is at least 4 changes:
Chappy, Brodie, Freddy and Switta

Then add either Voss or Tabs and that makes 5 changes.

Brodie is in better form than JOM and Erasmus.
Voss should cover the ground better than tabs and smash a few. That’s my opinion.

Agree with Brodie. Just have to fit him in. Needed in the contest.

The Bulldogs are going to be a very dangerous team although can be flaky. They seem play well against us and also at Optus

Taking out the anger from the loss on the weekend we can't just throw out all the optimism from the first 5 games over 1 game. Sure, bring in improvements but not wholesale changes that may disrupt synergy the existing group has built up to this point

Are we too big and slow with Sturt in the team? Assuming Voss comes in for Amiss that's 3 genuine talls in Voss, Jackson, Treacy + Sturt and Banfield who are 189cm. If they're not taking marks and kicking goals the opposition HBF will have a field day.
Probably. The loss of speed from Frederick and Switkowski being out was very noticeable, I don't think Voss will be getting in if Sturt stays in. If Sturt stays in I can see us going with 2 talls and a medium.

Probably. The loss of speed from Frederick and Switkowski being out was very noticeable, I don't think Voss will be getting in if Sturt stays in. If Sturt stays in I can see us going with 2 talls and a medium.
Sturt is quicker than Banfield and Walters. Why not look there.

No coach would make 6 changes if they could avoid it. Yesterday screams aberration too.
Agree. For Derby we were without Switta, Freddy, Amiss. Loss of a critical mass to our already somewhat precarious forward line.

There's a fine line between tweaking to hopefully improve or at least maintain the status quo, and tipping a team past cohesion point via too many changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back