Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Rating them as players or as stud assets?

As players I'd go:
1. Whitten
2. West
3. Libba Sr
4. Wallis
5. Darcy (David)

As sires of listed WB/Footscray male footballers* I'd rate them (on exposed form):

1. Libba Sr
2. David Darcy
3. Whitten
4. Hunter
5. Wallis

Cordy not far off Wallis. David Darcy might next year become the first Bulldog to have two generations of F/S draft selections.

* I'm leaving out Chris Grant (sire of Issy in the AFLW) for current purposes.
Agree. Might have to revisit the list after West jnr career but...

Libba snr only teaser/Northern dancer size but clearly packed a punch. Progeny suggests a terrific, and possibly under-utilised sire

Agree. Might have to revisit the list after West jnr career but...

Libba snr only teaser/Northern dancer size but clearly packed a punch. Progeny suggests a terrific, and possibly under-utilised sire
Just a bit hard breaking the colts in.

The sire was reported to be a frequent scratching too.
:rolleyes:

Rating them as players or as stud assets?

As players I'd go:
1. Whitten
2. West
3. Libba Sr
4. Wallis
5. Darcy (David)

As sires of listed WB/Footscray male footballers* I'd rate them (on exposed form):

1. Libba Sr
2. David Darcy
3. Whitten
4. Hunter
5. Wallis

Cordy not far off Wallis. David Darcy might next year become the first Bulldog to have two generations of F/S draft selections.

* I'm leaving out Chris Grant (sire of Issy in the AFLW) for current purposes.
David Darcy ahead of Barry Round?

David Darcy ahead of Barry Round?
Haha. Good point. I knew there would be some forgotten sires to emerge from the woodwork! Wouldn't mind betting there will be more.

Barry Round was a terrible sire (of footballers) but yes, a very good player and I'd definitely have him ahead of DD. Mind you I used to be a fan of Darcy when I was a nipper.

Perhaps we need to limit it to those picked up under the F/S rule?

Haha. Good point. I knew there would be some forgotten sires to emerge from the woodwork! Wouldn't mind betting there will be more.

Barry Round was a terrible sire (of footballers) but yes, a very good player and I'd definitely have him ahead of DD. Mind you I used to be a fan of Darcy when I was a nipper.

Perhaps we need to limit it to those picked up under the F/S rule?
David Round is an easy one to forget.

2 game career, both MCG wins, grand total of 2 career possessions,😳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back