Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Both your view on Weightman and the risk/reward on taking a player of his ilk with our first pick is fine, and potentially 100% accurate - I'm just pointing out that there are many cases of youngsters developing massively over their first 12-48 months on AFL list.

The Weightman you saw earlier this year won't be the Weightman you see in 2021, 2022 or 2023. When he's fully developed and what he provides at that time (especiallly when compaired to other options at that pick) is when we can make a true judgement on whether it was the right call.
That is true but generally speaking smalls are generally developed sooner and have less of a ceiling (l.taylor, Higgins)

So our MC playing funny buggers again

Naming Sweet when it’s supposed to p!ss down and be humid so ball should be on the ground a lot

I think Sweet will always be emergency in case English goes down pre game. Nothing much else in it me thinks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMPORTANT QUESTION. Is there a mechanism for watching the game on Sunday given that it is on Murdoch's shait channel. Any ideas. I wanna watch it for free.

I presume it’ll just be Butler back in for Crozier and Hunter back in for Jong. Butler showed a bit against Sydney and was probably unlucky that Wood was back fit. Presumably Hunter will return the wing and Richards probably playing more time in the forward line. Don’t think they’ll want to be making too many changes considering how well we’ve played lately.

IMPORTANT QUESTION. Is there a mechanism for watching the game on Sunday given that it is on Murdoch's shait channel. Any ideas. I wanna watch it for free.
Sign up to Beteasy as a new member and you get 3 month Kayo access. No need to enter card details- just need a valid phone number to get the sms activation code. I’m pretty impressed with quality + can play on TV using Airplay.

Suckling and Hunter in for Crozier and Jong is the logical move and should hopefully be the ins.

No need to play it cute with debutants/random inclusion unless Vandermeer and/or Smith don’t come up.

Sign up to Beteasy as a new member and you get 3 month Kayo access. No need to enter card details- just need a valid phone number to get the sms activation code. I’m pretty impressed with quality + can play on TV using Airplay.
I do find it curious people would rather give money/sign up to a betting agency than give money to a sport media organisation to simply watch a sporting game.

I do find it curious people would rather give money/sign up to a betting agency than give money to a sport media organisation to simply watch a sporting game.
Mate, I’ve never spent a dollar on gambling, online or other - the guy asked how he could watch for free and I provided a method to access a legitimate free trial. If folks want to pay through the nose for Fox, that’s fine too. I’ll be more than happy to pay for a Kayo subscription after this trial ends as so far it has been flawless.

Last edited:
Why does Ryan Gardner keep getting a look in by the match committee? As Terry once said, I'll spew up if he ever plays for us again. Either of the L.Youngs or Trengove should all be considered ahead of him.

Butler showed enough against Sydney to warrant another shot at it so Butler and Hunter are the obvious ins for mine.

The next 2 games will define our season. Warm favs against the Blues and slight favs against the Bombers I would think and we traditionally stumble when in these circumstances.

Butler showed enough against Sydney to warrant another shot at it so Butler and Hunter are the obvious ins for mine.

The next 2 games will define our season. Warm favs against the Blues and slight favs against the Bombers I would think and we traditionally stumble when in these circumstances.
We should be bigger favourites against the Bombers than Blues. Bombers have been our bitches for the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice that Lipinski is listed as the 5th emergency in the 'interchange' order. Correct me if I'm wrong but usually the first 4 listed play if there are no forced changes. Hopefully, he is not dropped again, particularly in favour of Suckling.

I notice that Lipinski is listed as the 5th emergency in the 'interchange' order. Correct me if I'm wrong but usually the first 4 listed play if there are no forced changes. Hopefully, he is not dropped again, particularly in favour of Suckling.
The order is irrelevant. Each team does it different. As far as I can tell we always order them by the jumper numbers.

We going need a bigger boat.

1594359703740.png
Summary
storm.png
Min 11Max 23Showers and patchy rain. Possible storm.Possible rainfall: 10 to 15 mmChance of any rain: 95%
rain_95.gif
Gold Coast area
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers and patchy rain, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

I believe our list has the most players with above average webbing between their fingers, so playing on a sodden ground will bring our ability to move through water to the fore. Unfortunately, it also means we have the most players who are unable to wear traditional gloves, especially if attending a jazz outing akin to the "Roaring 20s" jazz clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back