Preview Changes v Carlton, Rd 9

Remove this Banner Ad

We've also given up leads of 15-0, 12-0 13-0 before scoring the last 3 weeks, definitely need to make a point of starting strong, will bite us in the ass eventually.

We gave up goals within 30 seconds at the start of the 1st and last quarter last night, recall we gave one up within a minute last week too. Some habits die hard.

Carlton are ok with stretching the field that's why the score so freely. They could easily score the most against us of anyone. Brown could get on the end of a few aswell.
We need someone to clamp Sam Walsh, our midfield can be lazy at stoppages and he's the one who will gather big against us

Also McKay worries the hell out of me. He's a gun
Yeah he's in very good nick atm. The Blues other talls are pretty meh though, so our structure should still work and we should be able to cover him.
They seem a bit like us of recent years, where when teams get a run on they have no idea how to stop it. A fast start would be a big plus, but I feel fairly confident we can beat them comfortably enough.

They actually remind me of us circa 2010-11. Capable of playing brilliant exciting attacking footy when the oppo lets them, but when they don’t they can get smashed pretty easily.

We gave up goals within 30 seconds at the start of the 1st and last quarter last night, recall we gave one up within a minute last week too. Some habits die hard.
Last quarter vs Hawthorn too from memory, really needs to be stamped out, first few centre contests should be stalemates at worst, confident we can improve in that area though.

Carlton are ok with stretching the field that's why the score so freely. They could easily score the most against us of anyone. Brown could get on the end of a few aswell.
We need someone to clamp Sam Walsh, our midfield can be lazy at stoppages and he's the one who will gather big against us

I agree but if Carlton are going to free wheel super hard I'll back our forward 6 against theirs, especially taking both teams defenders into account. McKay is a star but he'll have May with Lever chopping in all day to deal with (And it'll probably be a wet game).

Harmes should play the tag. Was always his best role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus he has been playing ruck and down forward for us at Casey . We are very thin for another key defender at Casey.
If it was me and Petty failed id have a look at Weid down back for a month

Gus needs a spell, he had been plum average the last couple of weeks 1 tackle on the weekend.
Not having any impact on the game at all.

Last edited:
Mitch Brown has played defence in the past, quite decently, at AFL level. With Weid and Daw playing up fwd in the 2s, I'd be switching him down back as an alternative to Petty, but I would also give Petty a decent crack at it

Mitch Brown has played defence in the past, quite decently, at AFL level. With Weid and Daw playing up fwd in the 2s, I'd be switching him down back as an alternative to Petty, but I would also give Petty a decent crack at it

This is a good call mate, for as limited as Mitch is as a forward, he certainly doesn't lack courage and is a good ball user for someone his height. Your post has struck a cord with me, really like the idea of Mitch in defense. Good one. 👍

Petty's gonna make some people look very stupid soon. Kid is talented. Just needs time to adjust.

Not a chance on what we have seen, still the same nervous wreck in defense he has been since his debut. Just lucky to have quality players around him to help overcome his terrible play, if we werent top of the ladder you would see him for what he is and judge him far more harshly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back