Prediction Changes v Carlton Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad. It is still there... the replies from Scott following that post are also very embarrassing...

What do the replies say?

General impoliteness towards other bulldogs supporters who are pointing out his/her unprofessional comments on a public forum. The entire post looks to have been deleted by the admin. Hope it’s swept under the rug to be honest.

just wondering what happened with JJ?

At one point he was an aa-quality hbf providing the most dangerous run and carry

did teams tag him/figure him out or is this just a form slump?
A pretty long form slump. A combination of the above plus a lack of desire which can happen. Just doesn’t work hard enough both in game and training.

General impoliteness towards other bulldogs supporters who are pointing out his/her unprofessional comments on a public forum. The entire post looks to have been deleted by the admin. Hope it’s swept under the rug to be honest.

Do you really think that is going to happen in this world of junk media and the arrival of social media Dont think so

At one point he was an aa-quality hbf providing the most dangerous run and carry

Think the tagging he constantly got wore him down. He's in a major form slump.

Because our KPD's are shaky we need as much intercept/tall coverage from our mediums. Hence why Williams and now Dale overtook him because both offer more aerial support to our defenders. Both probably use it better also.

A three part answer IMO:
1. Opposition teams put more pressure on him to restrict his run and carry.
2. He got a bit lazy and didn't work hard enough.
3. He lost confidence and is uncertain of his own future role in the team.

Im undecided on McNiel. He has so little impact especially during the first half of games and then in the second half he shows flashes. Seems to steal so many handballs on the second halves of games and his speed stands out but weirdly is missing in the first halves of games
The position he plays is the hardest on the ground to get involved for the whole game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That post from west comes across as the classic parent watching child with rose coloured glasses crap that anyone who has ever coached youth football has copped.
But from that post it’s clear why rhylee burned his teammates and played the way he did last week.

Had it been coming off any other game I'd have preferred west get another chance. Scott I'd hope is a stop gap but hannan I think adds a different string to our bow just will take a couple weeks to get back to his best. Mcniel as I've said I'm a fan of. Lipinski I also like however struggle to see a spot for him in our midfield
If Hannan is injury free he will be a massive upside for us

If it’s the real Scott West or not he has some excellent points that a strong alternative voice to Bevos would help with selections.
Westy was such a fierce, determined character, why wouldn’t he be in other areas of his life? Joel Selwood is so competitive that he complains so much he is also a bad sport and it makes him look like a dickhead. Westy may also be like this?
Here is an excellent point

Rylee was sh.t last week and his dad could do him a service by stop making excuses

West was a great player but always struggled to keep his mouth shut when he was angry and was perhaps not as introspective and self-critical as he could have been. Should probably lock his social media for a day when he gets angry.

We used to have a few issues with ex players, and we’re doing a lot better now, but this is the ugly side of the father/son rule. You run the risk of burning relationships with favourite sons of it doesn’t work out.

Let’s be honest - Rhylee was awful last week. He’s a midfielder that can’t squeeze his way into a stacked midfield, but beggars can’t be choosers and he needs to give it his all in another position. He took a few flying shots instead of doing the team thing then didn’t get a kick.

He’ll get more opportunities but this does not help his cause, and if he wants to go to another club I think having a potential David Cloke situation will deter others.

Its a bit sad when you are so involved in your sons life that you feel compelled to carry on like a parent at an under 9's game.

West and Schache havn't been scapegoated for last weeks game, they've been made to pay a price for their lack of composure or impact last week.

Were they the only ones? Obviously not, but they were the ones with the fewest credits in the bank.

As an aside, Im sure that Schache is thrilled at being dragged into this given how much his career is hanging by a string right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back