Prediction Changes v Carlton Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could probably replace JJ and Cordy with traffic cones and get similar output. Neither has an ideal replacement, Young has also played very lazy lately. Louis Butler has been doing well in the twos and could possibly come in for JJ.

Cordy out - Young in (possibly a better option for Mackay)

JJ out - McNeil in (better pressure forward)

Schache out - English in (no explanation needed)

If Scott is injured, then whoever plays well in the VFL - that isn’t called Hayes or R Smith.....

We did well to provide effort in the last QTR with the amount of passengers we had.

Hoping JUH, Weightman and Butler have big games today. Butler is a smokey for the wing next week imo.

You could easily drop Schack, West, JJ, Cordy and Scott but will they go for big changes three weeks in a row?

With English back it makes no sense to bring in Ugle Hagen this week.

A Khamis type of third tall would certainly be handy in the air right now, but I can’t see how he fits in without moving someone else out of position.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Please not Rourke Smith and Hayes Bevo, please.

Hopefully VDM is ready to go, quick and has mongrel. In for Scott (injured).

Riley West stays in, we need mongrel.

JJ stays in, only just. He is a Norm Smith medalist and I am a loyal bastard. I agree with Fronk above, Dale and Daniel have taken his spot, he needs to find another one quickly.

Schache out for English. Martin stays in. English/Martin combo needs to develop.

Think it might be time to try Khamis next week on Harry McKay, or Lewis Young, no more Cordy or Schache. English back will help, maybe even Wallis back. We are badly in need of a quality small forward as we don’t have a small forward’s bootlace on our list. Badly want one and another key back

Think it might be time to try Khamis next week on Harry McKay, or Lewis Young, no more Cordy or Schache. English back will help, maybe even Wallis back. We are badly in need of a quality small forward as we don’t have a small forward’s bootlace on our list. Badly want one and another key back
McKay would monster Khamis

If Wallis has a strong performance in the VFL can see him replacing West.
Mc Neil will be a definite in along with English
Can see a Butler and or Khamis coming in.
Young if he can have a STRONG game to.
JUH not ready but the Blues do not have an imposing back line

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll back effort over talent or speed.

That is why JJ and Schache need to go.

In English, a sm fwd (whomever has a good game and if that's Much Wallis, I hope Bev is true to his word and picks him). Also if Stef needs a rest swap him for Sweet.

West had one of the worst games I've seen. Im prepared to put his apparent selfishness down to wanting to impress and shitting the bed first up. But if it's a pattern where he breaks team rules (eg trying to break tackles rather than passing it off or ignoring fwds in open space and then not making the distance in a set shot then I don't want to see him in the ones).

See what happens when Bevo picks similar teams to what big footy suggested
Yep the writing was on the wall when everyone said they were happy with team selection.

We need more selection night melts. It's the only way we'll win games.

What's your thought process behind bringing in JUH?
He's quality and he'll be busting to show what he's got. Even if he's gassed after two quarters he'll offer more than Schache did last night.

It'll also defuse a lot of tension and unnecessary focus (notice Bevo getting tetchy about the constant JUH questions?) If he only has 6 touches and kicks a goal or two then the media will leave him alone for a while. (Of course if he kicks five ... 🎇 )

And if he ends up going back to the twos after a couple of games it will have been a good experience for him. He'll know what the real thing is like. As we have seen there's a big chasm between levels: last week's VFL stars - Lipinski, West and Schache - looked very ordinary last night.

I'm re-thinking my team selections (and I'll no doubt have another re-think after the VFL game :think:... and yet again after the injury report :rolleyes: ).

I still think English must come in if he passes all concussion tests and there are no lingering doubts.

But the way we were monstered in the midfield last night showed how much we need Dunkley there. Every coach will have taken notes on that. Wallis is no Dunkley but he's clearly the nearest thing we've got among our shallow reserves. He is hard-bodied, experienced and team oriented. Less likely to get lost under pressure out there than some of the alternatives.

He just needs to show he's up for it with a strong midfield performance in the VFL today.

I think a few selections were a bit off (in hindsight) and while we were rewarding form - we picked the wrong guys for the game last night. Only West of the inclusions would classify as a hard nut - the others were found wanting with the pressure (although Hannan was ok). Also Cordy isn't the right option against the Tigers forward pressure - he is slow to make decisions, slow to dispose of the ball and a poor kick. he was continually under pressure every time he got it as we tried to transition. Lipinski is too slow to be an effective link man against Richmond as well.

I'm not saying we had better options, but I think we erred in bringing in the guys we did for the opponent we were against....

Please not Rourke Smith and Hayes Bevo, please.

Hopefully VDM is ready to go, quick and has mongrel. In for Scott (injured).

Riley West stays in, we need mongrel.

JJ stays in, only just. He is a Norm Smith medalist and I am a loyal bastard. I agree with Fronk above, Dale and Daniel have taken his spot, he needs to find another one quickly.

Schache out for English. Martin stays in. English/Martin combo needs to develop.

I'd also bring in Sweet to give Martin a break before the big game against Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back