Garcia - get his mongrel and speed into the team
Weightman - will pressure all day up forward
McNeil - has found a way to hit the scoreboard

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy, JJ, West, Schache out. Young in I guess. English back in. McNeil in for West. I don't know who can come in for JJ, maybe Buku or Butler.

The physicality and pressure in the second half (and the last 10 mins of the 2nd qtr) really affected us. It was a good early workout for finals footy. We discovered that nearly the whole side can fold mentally under that pressure but some of them have been there before (2016) and we know they can handle it on a good day. Others who were suspect are being found out.

Bevo should be looking to bring in a player or two with aggression and mental toughness. But not overdo it. West is worth another chance. He fluffed some early chances and I think that got into his head. He does have some mongrel and he surely won't play that badly again.

OUT: Schache, JJ

IN: English, Garcia

If Scott's injured bring in McNeil.
Pretty sure Bevo won't drop Hannan but I would - I'd bring in JUH.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I don't think despite the loss it's really the week to make big changes. We've made 9 changes in 2 weeks.

In saying that, I don't think Schache should be wearing the AFL guernsey again. Just not good enough to warrant it. I would simply bring in English for Schache, I would give Martin the week off and bring in Jamarra.

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Schache should never play unless both naughton and Bruce are injured.

Out schache, JJ
In English, wallis

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy s inability to get to the contest and get a fist in basically stuffed our whole defensive structure. Wood, Crozier and Dureya spent the whole night running back covering for him.

Saw Young in Ballarat and he was good in the air. He is 201cm and a million times better than Cordy who will never be a key defender.

Erect

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tough to decide on changes before we see who performs in the VFL tomorrow.

I'd be giving West another chance, made some bad decisions but I think he'll improve if he gets a chance to pick up the speed of AFL. Hannan gets another chance, despite me wondering why we brought him in so early before he had a couple more VFL games under his belt.

While Cordy wasn't great, I don't think Young would be much of an upgrade as they both have their deficiencies with Cordy having a little more experience. We could play someone like Khamis and go a bit smaller but I'd stick with the structure for now.

Unless some players absolutely dominate in the VFL, I wouldn't make too many changes.

OUT: Schache, Scott (injured?), JJ (probably won't happen)
IN: English (must in), McNeil, Garcia/Cavarra/Weightman (whoever puts their hand up tomorrow)

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
God if I had my way Smith would be out. But I'll try to go for something I think the MC would do.

Out: Schache, West, Cordy
In: English, Garcia, Khamis

I'm not sure how ready Garcia is but we need another tough midfielder. Come finals it's that sort of player that comes out on top. Khamis is a bit short but Cordy can't stay in and I don't think Young looks up to it. I'm willing to try a short backline, some teams can make it work.

Edit: Forgot about McNeil. Should come back in as well. Hannan looked underdone so I'd say for him but maybe they give him more time to find his feet.

Last edited:

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
God if I had my way Smith would be out. But I'll try to go for something I think the MC would do.

Out: Schache, West, Cordy
In: English, Garcia, Khamis

I'm not sure how ready Garcia is but we need another tough midfielder. Come finals it's that sort of player that comes out on top. Khamis is a bit short but Cordy can't stay in and I don't think Young looks up to it. I'm willing to try a short backline, some teams can make it work.

Smith not playing up to his potential but definitely not the worst. I also get the feeling he's playing a run-with game for the majority of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back