Preview Changes v Carlton - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Todd Curley - 4 weeks for contact with an umpire
Danny Southern - 2 weeks (of finals) for wrestling
Chris Grant - suspended despite the umpire telling the tribunal it wasn’t reportable!
Yeah Todd Curley I was trying to think of - that was a shocker. Another case where we copped the rule of the week and stuffed up his career.

Paul Dimmattina copped two weeks for tapping a Hawthorn player in the guts in the last round v Hawthorn in 97?? and got 2 weeks so missed finals

WTAF was Crozier meant to do in that situation? Wish our legal team asked this exact question of the tribunal. He won’t get off now but we should request a formal response from the AFL as to how they think the tackle should have been conducted preferably with a role play so we can all visualise how blatantly f*cking stupid it would be to do anything other than what
Crozier did in that situation.

2 more shitty decisions, yes (I don't count Southern's suspension as particularly harsh given he nearly choked a man out). In 26 odd years.
I wasn’t referring to Southern choking Brett Heady, Danny got two weeks for wrestling against Hawthorn. He was reprimanded for wrestling the week before and every Hawthorn player jumped on him at every opportunity.

Those that know me, know that I will VERY rarely sook or complain about a decision by an umpire or tribunal. But my God, that Crozier decision has got me fuming.

Outrageously horrendous decision in general and for our game.

I was interested if you would post on this one Hard Ball . Although we have locked horns on occasions , I regard you as somewhat a voice of reason on these issues.
Truly a baffling decision , but from now it is all about consistency.
Clubs now have to teach to tackle ensuring no one's head hits the ground under any circumstance -- good luck with that !

By definition , the bloke that tackled Smith had a duty of care not to contact his head in any way ? ( by the way , no way I want him suspended )

If we lose to Carlton I will spew up. They are a rabble. Anyways here's the INs and OUTs:

OUT: Jong, Crozier and maybe Smith and Vanda
IN: Hunter, La Young, and who knows.

That was said about Sweet last week and never eventuated. Trengove maybe and shuffle Easton to Croziers role. Lachie Young in for Crozier. Weightman to debut?
Trengove was named as a standout in the recent practice matches, so could be possible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only someone we haven't seen so far this year
Makes me think Trengove then, which would make sense given his practice match performances

Duryea (injured), Lachie Young and Brad Lynch are the only remaining defenders not to play this year

I wasn’t referring to Southern choking Brett Heady, Danny got two weeks for wrestling against Hawthorn. He was reprimanded for wrestling the week before and every Hawthorn player jumped on him at every opportunity.
1594174444055.png
Think you mean choking Peter Sumich unless he did it twice :)

With English so good at pushing back these days, having all of Trengove, Keath, Cordy, Wood and Williams back feels a bit top heavy for mine.

Not unhappy with Trengove. Trengove to McKay, Keath to Casbolt, Cordy to McGovern and that way we let Wood do what he did last week without having to be accountable to one player. Once Crozier comes back we can go shorter again.

WTAF was Crozier meant to do in that situation? Wish our legal team asked this exact question of the tribunal. He won’t get off now but we should request a formal response from the AFL as to how they think the tackle should have been conducted preferably with a role play so we can all visualise how blatantly f*cking stupid it would be to do anything other than what
Crozier did in that situation.

Agree 100% this is a crap decision and would be ropeable if a Carlton player got done for it...those looking at these split second on field decisions in slow motion and assessing it like the player had 20 minutes to decide what to do are crazy...assess it in real time, was a perfect tackle...

In answer to your question as to what should he have done instead though, Crozier didn't do himself any favours at the tribunal...he admitted he had another option (to drag him down I think) and chose to spin him as he thought there was no risk...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back