Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Out - Melksham

In - Chandler

I'd look at making Jordon the sub and bring in Sparrow. Jordon gets enough of the ball but his disposal was poor tonight.

Petty looked bloody shaky, but it was a great call keeping TMac forward. So Petty gets a good run at it.

wheaters31

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought Melksham was good tonight. Just my opinion, but I'd be keeping him in.

With Casey having no game this weekend, I am going to say no change this week (fingers crossed the Petracca cork isn't serious).

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
After 2 hard games I think this will be a real danger game for us to get up for.
Chandler in for either Fritsch or Melksham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sparrow in; Brayshaw to Sub:... too many mistakes with the ball, almost cost us the game.

Fritta is too casual when we don't have the ball. His intensity needs to become consistently good. He eases off too often.

Max was half asleep in the 1st. But responded somewhat, later in the game.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could be unchanged, or a few changes if players are sore.

Melksham's 1 goal might unfortunately keep him in the team. Bloke really needs a spell in the 2s and a reality check though.

It's a shame that Sparrow, Chandler, Weideman can't break into the team ATM but it is what it is.

Jones for the sub to bring that game total up.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Simon says 'Petty stays in for now"
Can understand Fritsch being held by good opponent , but some of his efforts late in the game in midfield were not good enough .
Trac looked sore as * , but hopefully gets up.

Again thought Petty looked like a concern in the first quarter but largely didn’t notice him after that, clearly improving even if slowly. Until we lose it’s not an issue for mine, esp given there’s no ******* way TMac should be moved back and Joel Smith isn’t fit.

Again thought Petty looked like a concern in the first quarter but largely didn’t notice him after that, clearly improving even if slowly. Until we lose it’s not an issue for mine, esp given there’s no ******* way TMac should be moved back and Joel Smith isn’t fit.
Doesn't matter if Smith is fit. Bringing him in would be terrible.

Probably just Melk out for Chandler. Brayshaw on notice. Stop panicking so much Gus.

Doesn't matter if Smith is fit. Bringing him in would be terrible.

Probably just Melk out for Chandler. Brayshaw on notice. Stop panicking so much Gus.
If you think Brayshaw is bad you’re in for a real treat when whoever replaces him on the wing turns out to be a lot worse

If you think Brayshaw is bad you’re in for a real treat when whoever replaces him on the wing turns out to be a lot worse
He is playing pretty badly. Has to be said.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Streak ends this week or we thump Carlton. Last two weeks we’ve gotten away with two pretty average performances carried by some individual efforts and our back 6. Positive is Carlton play a pretty free wheeling style so we should find scoring easier.

Given the garbage we’ve served up against Carlton in 2017, 2019 and 2020 to still come away with the win, this is the game I’m least concerned by for the rest of the year. Huge respect for E Curnow, Walsh and Weitering - if we can control them we should get the job done easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back