Preview Changes v Cats and pre match chat

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wrapt that Walkers back and we get a look at Hosie. Brown will be on a mission after last week, hopefully Polec too.

Nothing surprising about the outs, Taylor injured and both Larkey and Hayden are sore. LDU needs to be managed because the last thing we need is his OP flaring up agin from overloading.

This is actually a much stronger side then the team we fielded last week.

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldy had a lazy 19 possessions, 8 clearances, and 3 goal assists today but Nic Nat has had 6 possessions and a few hit outs to advantage so of course Brayshaw can't stop raving.
Moo
Wrapt that Walkers back and we get a look at Hosie. Brown will be on a mission after last week, hopefully Polec too.

Nothing surprising about the outs, Taylor injured and both Larkey and Hayden are sore. LDU needs to be managed because the last thing we need is his OP flaring up agin from overloading.

This is actually a much stronger side then the team we fielded last week.
Lord knows how you figure that....bb and Polly both soft and 2 new guys, crazy talk

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah nah, you're just blind with hatred. Marley is kaput and for a good reason. Do you know why?
If it's a two horse race, I know who'd I have. Marley plays with intensity and can actually defend. If kicking is the knock on him, then there'd be 6 or 7 other regulars who should be feeling pretty nervous.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B: Hayden Daw Walker
HB: McKay Tarrant Vickers-Willis
C: Polec Higgins Dumont
HF: Anderson Larkey Walker
F: Taylor Brown Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I: McDonald Davies-Uniacke Scott Perez
E: Hall Atley Pittard

This team in three weeks please

I like it. Just Maj forward. Maj really looks like he gets afl now. Yeah he’s played great footy down back, but I think he’s now ready to deliver anywhere. And as a third tall forward he’s pretty dangerous. But I think the essence of your team is how different it looks. Which is great to see!

Mcmillan on the wing, maybe this could make him a better player? Higgins on the wing always look good, we need a class act on the outside. Hall on ball has finally happened as i have predicted. Bench looks good. Daw can always go back as 3rd tall with Macaky taking FB and Tarrant at CHB. J.Walker at FF looks more solid and consistent. Looking good, should still lose but one of those confidence boosting loss where key players made progress.

Thought your post was pretty good except for that last bit. I can honestly say I’ve never heard of a confidence boosting loss, a confidence boosting win on the other hand that would be the GO. North to find more than one way to skin the cats and win this.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Moo

Lord knows how you figure that....bb and Polly both soft and 2 new guys, crazy talk

I don’t think Browns soft. He plays through injury better then most. He’s out of form but a player doesn’t kick as many goals as him by fluke. Definitely an upgrade on Larkey.

Polec is a very damaging offensive player, like he hurts the opposition every time he kicks the ball. Hopefully getting dropped for his lack of defensive game makes him work hard both ways.

The other two are kids for kids so we don’t lose anything there.
Walker showed just as much as LDU before getting injured. I’m pretty bullish about him. Has a lot of poise and plays the game in a different style.

Obviously Hosie is wait and see but his 2’s form shows he knows where the goals are. I think Taylor is a good prospect but he’s form hasn’t been so good that we’ll miss him too much.

So I guess I figure that out because 3 kids are out of the side (well actually 4 because Larkey is still a kid) and we’ve brought in 2 genuine match winners on their day in Brown & Polec, a highly rated kid in Walker and a ready made forward in Hosie.

Don’t think we lose much at all tbh, and after Shaw showed that he’ll drop anyone who’s not doing the team thing I think it keeps everyone honest.

Crazy talk? Fair enough. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

B: Hayden Daw Walker
HB: McKay Tarrant Vickers-Willis
C: Polec Higgins Dumont
HF: Anderson Larkey Walker
F: Taylor Brown Zurhaar
R: Goldstein Cunnington Simpkin
I: McDonald Davies-Uniacke Scott Perez
E: Hall Atley Pittard

This team in three weeks please
That's a very good looking side however I'd think that at least two of those three emergencies should be in our best 22.
Perez and Vickers-Willis would probably come out at this stage of their career/rehab. Don't get me wrong I'd hope they're both very strong components of our future if all the wraps on both of them are true. Hall has had a really good month so if his trajectory continues I absolutely see him in our best 22.

That's a very good liking side however I'd think that at least two of those three emergencies would need to come in.
Perez and Vickers-Willis would probably come out at this stage of their career/rehab. Hall has had a really good month so if his trajectory continues I absolutely see him in our best 22.
Tbh all 3 of the emergencies are well entrenched but I’d rather get a look at Perez and VickersWillis.

Tbh all 3 of the emergencies are well entrenched but I’d rather get a look at Perez and VickersWillis.
You were too quick for me. I edited my post. Absolutely agree with you. Equally I'd like to get a look at both of them asap. Vickers-Willis more than anyone needs a change of fortune with his run of injuries. Another major setback and you'd just about have to stick a fork in him.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
Does anyone know how I can get a printable list of the players organised by their numbers? Like they have in the record.

I copy and paste the selected teams as on the net into a word document and then delete one side line by line. Then I do it for the other side but they aren't in numbered order.

There must be a better way.

Oh, by the way Harris Andrews isn't having as good a season as Josh Walker. Andrews was well beaten when Geelong played the Lions. I will be interested to see how Josh goes tonight. Hopefully work finishes early.

Go Roos

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh, by the way Harris Andrews isn't having as good a season as Josh Walker. Andrews was well beaten when Geelong played the Lions. I will be interested to see how Josh goes tonight. Hopefully work finishes early.

Go Roos
I appreciate the lovely sentiment about Walker > Andrews, and agree Walker is having a fantastic year, but Andrews is the best full back in the league without a doubt.

Does anyone know how I can get a printable list of the players organised by their numbers? Like they have in the record.

I copy and paste the selected teams as on the net into a word document and then delete one side line by line. Then I do it for the other side but they aren't in numbered order.

There must be a better way.

Go Roos
Not so much the selected teams, but footywire will give you the current playing list

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Land of the Giants down back...
giphy.gif

Yes can't have 4 one will have to give way and at this stage bmac

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I'll take a <24 point loss and no injuries.

Why is there so much pessimism about this game? We’re coming off a terrific confidence boosting win, the cats have to be tired, we’re getting two of our best players back in the side and it finally looks like the players are starting to execute Shaw’s game plan the way he wants it done. I’m totally in the other camp Snake, I’ll take a >1 point win over the Cats!

Back