Prediction Changes v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TempleKelvington

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2009
Out searching for omens pointing to our next flag.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This will be a monumental task of monumental tasks, to beat the Cats at home, on a Friday night, with a plethora of injuries. Plus is Enright and Bartels 300. Lol the stars align for the perfect storm.

I'm going the rope a dope strategy.

unless fully, fully fit, we don't risk Morris, Stringer or Liberatore. I'm not convinced he was ready.

So we pick best possible team of what remains, we lull the cats into a false sense of security and we pull off one the stings of AFL history.

Out: Wallis, Red (I'm so sad), Libber (rest). Morris (precaution).

In: Hamling, Cordy, Honeychurch, Hrovat. McLean is a sneaky chance, he's back next week. Suckers survives but he is badly out of form.

Let's rope a few dopey Cats.

Yes, the key is to play like a bottom 10 side. Then wham, bam thank you ma'am. All in for the great heist of '16.

T. Suckers survives but he is badly out of form.

One bad game does not make you badly out of form, he was one of best last week, he is not even close to being dropped.

Outs: Wallis, Redpath, Morris.

Ins: Stringer, Minson, Hamling.

With Mitch gone for some time we need to back Jongy in and play him the rest of the year in Mitch's position. Minson to ruck the whole game and T Boyd to stay at FF. Dahl and McLean to return in the next couple of weeks, Adams shortly after - all is not lost. We can still field a bloody strong team.

I agree with the post above - rest Minno today as much as possible today (5 days until Cats).

Out: Wallis, Moz, Redpath, Jong

In: Stringer, Dahl, Minson, Best VFL Player

Roughead to play on resting ruck down back and following them into the ruck.

Minson to ruck most of the game. Boyd designated tall forward so we always have an option.

Jongs first half was one of the worst i've ever seen. Bring in the best VFL player.

Suckling has credits, but he wouldn't want another game like tonight.

Tough gig beating Geelong at the narrows, I watched the game
between Adelaide and Geelong and Geelong were blessed with
Zac Smith going out for Sam Menegola it had to be an injury as
Chris Scott is not capable of such genius.

I would not play anyone who is not ready and fit as there are
more important battles to fight and hopefully win later in the
season.

Morris- Cordy
Wallis - Dahlhaus
Redpath- stringer

I'm torn with what to do next, I feel Minson is just too slow for their athletic rucks. Is Hamling an option playing forward? Do we play small ball up forward? Or will that play into as it seems to every time, the cats hands?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Mitch, Red, Moz, Libba if not fit (he could hardly walk off the ground last night, had something on his back, we were really down to no one on the bench in the last qtr) :'(
In - Jake & Luke (if fit) Minson, Hamling, would love to get Toby back but we can't bring in too many under done players
Can we please do something about Dangerfield this time, and Menzel needs a lot of attention

Out - Mitch, Red, Moz, Libba if not fit (he could hardly walk off the ground last night, had something on his back, we were really down to no one on the bench in the last qtr) :'(

Libba was taped like a mummy in the rooms before the game. Bruised lung, no way; ribs are the concern, what an effort to get out there. Very restricted in his movements as the game progressed, the way they play injured is unbelievable.

One bad game does not make you badly out of form, he was one of best last week, he is not even close to being dropped.

I can't agree, his ball use has been appalling for a while now, not just last night, his one on one stuff is non existent. Love what he can do at his best, and want him on the team at his best, and he will stay in I'm sure this week, but he was a liability last night and I don't like to say that about players. I'm sure he'd be the first to acknowledge it.

Last night was his worst game, but he's not been using the footy well for a lot of this year an he's no good one on one. So if his weapon is not working he's in trouble. A spell at Footscray might actually help him. Better players than him have done it.

Libba was taped like a mummy in the rooms before the game. Bruised lung, no way; ribs are the concern, what an effort to get out there. Very restricted in his movements as the game progressed, the way they play injured is unbelievable.
Yep, he wasn't himself no doubt, brave of him to get out there. But I just don't see the sense in it. He shouldn't have played.

I can't agree, his ball use has been appalling for a while now, not just last night, his one on one stuff is non existent. Love what he can do at his best, and want him on the team at his best, and he will stay in I'm sure this week, but he was a liability last night and I don't like to say that about players. I'm sure he'd be the first to acknowledge it.

Last night was his worst game, but he's not been using the footy well for a lot of this year an he's no good one on one. So if his weapon is not working he's in trouble. A spell at Footscray might actually help him. Better players than him have done it.

Suckling has not been using it well for a lot of this year? * me you must watch different games of football to me, he went at 95% last week, 75 week before, 95 in Geelong game. Besides Daniel he has consistently been our best ball user this year.

Desperately need some speed around the forward line - Dahl McLean and Stringer should be able to change the dynamic here . TBoyd as the deep (as in from the goal square target ) and will gets another chance . There are some opportunities for players in the twos to really put their hands up and claim a spot in a genuine finals team

Suckling has not been using it well for a lot of this year? **** me you must watch different games of football to me, he went at 95% last week, 75 week before, 95 in Geelong game. Besides Daniel he has consistently been our best ball user this year.
I see him stuff up a lot of kicks. I see it every week. He tries for too much. He has a few mates for sure, we as a team use the ball poorly a lot. But Suckers is renowned for his kicking skills and just has no excuse not to be better.

I am often surprised by stats when I am at a game. I think the stats often don't tell the full story. I'm going by what I see when I'm at games and when I watch on TV, I know what I saw last night for example. I think his kicking at times this year has been diabolical, for someone with his skills, others well they don't have his ability by foot. Added to that is that he's not a one on one player. He's in the team for his kicking, and he just has to be very good at that, if not then what else? Right now, he's lucky to be in the team in my view. I want him in playing well, he's important.

I see him stuff up a lot of kicks. I see it every week. He tries for too much. He has a few mates for sure, we as a team use the ball poorly a lot. But Suckers is renowned for his kicking skills and just has no excuse not to be better.

I am often surprised by stats when I am at a game. I think the stats often don't tell the full story. I'm going by what I see when I'm at games and when I watch on TV, I know what I saw last night for example. I think his kicking at times this year has been diabolical, for someone with his skills, others well they don't have his ability by foot. Added to that is that he's not a one on one player. He's in the team for his kicking, and he just has to be very good at that, if not then what else? Right now, he's lucky to be in the team in my view. I want him in playing well, he's important.

Or maybe it is preconceived ideas about a player, he has been great this year and his kicking often puts us in attacking positions we would not get to as no one else can pull off his kicks, of course he is going to clanger some every now and again as he is pulling off very high difficulty kicks to achieve that not dinky safe 15 metres floaters, if you can't see that difference then there is no hope.

I don't get why people want to drop Suckling. We don't have the luxury to drop players in the back line due to injury or inexperience. If Bevo still believes we can have an impact in the finals then there's no way he'll bring in inexperience and sacrifice a good chance for that.
FWIW Suckling is a good kick but watching him at Hawthorn, he's always had some limitations. We have to take the good and the bad with him. When he pulls off his kicks it's always rewarding but very risky too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back