Preview Changes v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to tell everyone that has slammed a club you are meant to love.
Go Barack for Essendon
We will make the 8 beat Carlton and make a joke of the s**t draw we got this year..
You half hearted supporters grow up..
Have young forwards young backs and the best footballer in Australia.
Think before you bag men that put on the show we love ..
Naughty will kick 7 on Saturday and we will make the 8

I want to tell everyone that has slammed a club you are meant to love.
Go Barack for Essendon
We will make the 8 beat Carlton and make a joke of the s**t draw we got this year..
You half hearted supporters grow up..
Have young forwards young backs and the best footballer in Australia.
Think before you bag men that put on the show we love ..
Naughty will kick 7 on Saturday and we will make the 8
Vine Ok GIF

Farewell game for Croz. :thumbsu: Always liked him.

Not sure where it went wrong for him. He was a regular best 22 until 2021. Somehow got on the wrong side of MC/LB. Might have dropped off a bit but I didn't think his form was that bad.

Nah he really did fall off a cliff quality wise. He was solid to start the season before his episode but we can't really afford to have as many ball butchers in the team and Crozier is absolutely shocking with ball in hand.

I don't mind the three talls in defence this week. They have Conway and Neale up forward who are both young and inexperienced but they're 203cm & 206cm aswell as both being over 100kg
If the 3 talls all could intercept, run, make good decisions with good disposal yes.

JOD will be this next season

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given how s**t we've been in 2022 and 2023, it's painful how little time we're making for youngsters like Cleary, Buss and Clarke. Yet we will invest a whole season into Scott who should be, if things are going well, nowhere near the team in the next 2 years he's contracted. Guys like him aren't making us better at all, have very low ceilings, are playing poorly, yet invincible while those three talented young players have been playing well and contributing to a red hot Footscray side.

Bevo probably still thinks we can win a flag and he's going to roll with his favs, no surprise there, but we're to some degree sacrificing the long term to be...9th and losing to the hawks and eagles?

We're basically turning into Essington.

What posters are forgetting when saying we will win with the cats outs is even with the outs they are still a much better team than WCE. The eagles even beat us at Marvel and we have not won at the cattery for 20 years and Bevo has no idea against Scott. The only way we win is if the cats do not want to move up the draft order.
Bingo!

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by jon hanlan

Given how s**t we've been in 2022 and 2023, it's painful how little time we're making for youngsters like Cleary, Buss and Clarke. Yet we will invest a whole season into Scott who should be, if things are going well, nowhere near the team in the next 2 years he's contracted. Guys like him aren't making us better at all, have very low ceilings, are playing poorly, yet invincible while those three talented young players have been playing well and contributing to a red hot Footscray side.

Bevo probably still thinks we can win a flag and he's going to roll with his favs, no surprise there, but we're to some degree sacrificing the long term to be...9th and losing to the hawks and eagles?

Van Der Meer and Keath. How bad do you have to be to get dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all Geelong's major "OUTS" ,, and even though they are practically fielding a Reserves side and therefore gifting us a win with a "Sympathy Like Golden Hand Shake" because they fell bloody sorry for us winning the majority of the last 23 games against us, ( Which is totally embarassing ) we will still find a way to "F" it up mark my words .....

Last edited:
Criminal that Scott has made it through the entire season averaging 10 touches and hasn't had to spend a minute in the VFL
It’s amazing watching the mental gymnastics in play as the bar continually gets lower and lower for guys like Scott & Gardner and a few others, it’s at the point where if Scott kicks a snag or Gardner gets a good spoil in everything’s justified and they get a pass for the week 😂

Laughable that Cleary, Garcia, even Gallagher cannot get a game. Nobody dropped after last weeks performance is appalling selection integrity.

Thanks Bevo - you’ve been amazing for the club, but it’s time.
Hopefully the club has the cahoonas to pull the trigger.
Unfortunately it doesn't all fall to Bevo, their is more then one man in the selection committee.

Laughable that Cleary, Garcia, even Gallagher cannot get a game. Nobody dropped after last weeks performance is appalling selection integrity.

Thanks Bevo - you’ve been amazing for the club, but it’s time.
Hopefully the club has the cahoonas to pull the trigger.
I don't know.

Perhaps some of the ones that needed to be dropped aren't available.

It’s a year late already but geez im nervous we take the easy route out and keep Bev another year. It’s honestly at the stage where if we keep him around it’ll genuinely ruin us for years, if we make the right decision this year it’s probably just salvageable with a bit of tinkering.

Nervous times, our future is literally hanging by a thread and Im just not sure we have the balls to do anything about it

Unfortunately it doesn't all fall to Bevo, their is more then one man in the selection committee.
The senior coach makes the final selection call - particularly Bevo. It’s a pattern of selection bewilderment that has occurred for years now.
It’s on Bevo. The buck stops with him. Completely irresponsible to play 2 journeymen footballers who will be delisted at seasons end.

They’re playing 2 young ruckman as forwards you really don’t need to have the 3rd tall for that at all
I think keath and Jones are more natural Match ups for them though size wise, JOD as interceptor. Most weeks I'd also prefer 2 talls or 3 as long as they can all hit the side of a tin shed.

The senior coach makes the final selection call - particularly Bevo. It’s a pattern of selection bewilderment that has occurred for years now.
It’s on Bevo. The buck stops with him. Completely irresponsible to play 2 journeymen footballers who will be delisted at seasons end.
I don't disagree his at fault just not Singularly, either the other guys agree with his choices or feel they can't challenge his choices both of which are a problem.

Edit:
I don't dislike the changes but I don't like that there were no omissions.
Challenging Duryeas ban shows that we wouldve played him if available.
Vandermeer needed a spell in the twos a couple weeks ago and Scott has had a few down weeks and should've made way.

If the changes also included Clarke for Scott, Cleary for VDM and potentially even Buss for keath consideration the youth of the opposition I dare say we would all be alot happier.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back