Opinion Changes V Collingwood - R9 Friday 13th May, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs’ skipper Marcus Bontempelli and key defender Alex Keath headline five inclusions ahead of Friday night’s clash against Collingwood at Marvel Stadium.

The important duo will be joined by youngsters Rhylee West and Jordon Sweet, with Luke Cleary making his debut in the red, white and blue.

After a night of carnage in Adelaide, Tim O’Brien (calf), Laith Vandermeer (hamstring) and Cody Weightman (collarbone) will all exit the side due to injury.

Ruckman Sweet comes into the side at the expense of Stefan Martin, who will miss after being managed for the fixture against the Pies, while Roarke Smith has been omitted.

ashton kutcher tattoo GIF

Lacking a bit up forward but probably not got a lot of options.

McNeil, Scott and Cordy after three or four weeks of the same minimal output are still playing the same identical roles. Can't wait until they get 15 touches between them playing critical link up positions.

And we have our third choice ruck playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like McNeil or Scott need to bob up and kick a couple.

Buku to take a mark of the year contender over Jeremy Howe.

Sweet to win the hit-outs

Damn who saw that coming? 🙄 would of hated to have gotten another 3 games into him previously instead of wasting them on Martin.

All good though he now gets a single chance, ample time to show his stuff, before inevitably being banished to the 2s again forever due to not lighting the world on fire in his first game

Tall player development is 🔥 at this club rn
How exactly has Sweet been slighted when his VFL form for over 10 games including practice games since he last played AFL has been objectively and demonstratively poor? I agree it's strange that his form is poorer than his SANFL form that got him drafted in the first place but lets not make up s**t about why he couldn't get a game. He couldn't get a game because his form didn't demand it.

Stefan Martin got 21 and 24 disposals in the last two VFL games he played earlier this year. The most Sweet got in any of the eight full matches he's played in the VFL since his last AFL game has been 13. Suggesting we "wasted" games on Martin rather than picking the backuo ruck that had shown obvious better form in the reserves is just a ridiculous disregard for the truth.

McNeil, Scott and Cordy after three or four weeks of the same minimal output are still playing the same identical roles. Can't wait until they get 15 touches between them playing critical link up positions.

And we have our third choice ruck playing.
I think Scott shouldn't be judged too harshly on last week's game. Any player just back from Covid is going to be unpredictable. There's anecdotal evidence that not many get straight back to their best form. We fans tend to overlook those factors.

He'll need to do better this week though. He has played better games earlier this year and should be expected to reproduce that form if he's now 100%.

I think Scott shouldn't be judged too harshly on last week's game. Any player just back from Covid is going to be unpredictable. There's anecdotal evidence that not many get straight back to their best form. We fans tend to overlook those factors.

He'll need to do better this week though. He has played better games earlier this year and should be expected to reproduce that form if he's now 100%.
Not having a go at the fact that they're trying their best, just they're players with limitations in that limitations are coming through with lack of output contributing to losses, and we're going with more of the same. I fancy that if your wing consistently averages only six or seven touches a game (McNeil) you'll lose more games than you'll win but we seem satisfied that this is going to be his role for the near future.

Surely something has to change, my point. Enough of our mids play forward that we can stick the likes of Treloar, Smith and hell even Bont can play a few minutes on the wing, and Scott and McNeil can play as genuine small forwards, not getting six touches in a key link-up role. He doesn't have to get 20, but gee there's a big difference between 6 touches and 12 or 15.

Where do we start 😅

Injuries from tonight will force a multitude of changes.

Should get Bont, Keath & English back, but there are a few players that will keep their spot by default when they should be dropped.

Do I suspect this will happen? No, but it should. 2 rucks, English can’t go one-out on his return from a hammy. Martin looks done, no other option than Sweet but at least he won’t get ragdolled as much as Martin in the contest.

Out:
VDM (hamstring)
Weightman (shoulder)
Dunkley (concussion)
O’Brien (calf)
McNeil (omitted)
Martin (omitted)
Rmith (omitted)

In:
Bont
English
Keath
West
Crozier
Sweet
JUH

Well, I got 5/7 outs correct & 4 of the ins.

I believe Meatloaf made a song about that, 🎶 five out of seven ain’t bad 🎶

Remove this Banner Ad

Back