Preview Changes v Collingwood Round 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay for another win. How good is Optus Stadium?!
Seems like a few blokes finished with niggles but hopefully everyone pulls up ok. Harmes hopefully right to come back in too. Sparrow was a bit meh imo, though would be stiff to be dropped.
Weid was s**t, maybe JVR gets his shot? Though if we're shuffling tall forwards I'd expect boring old MBrown in for Weid :$. If Jacko is hurt Weid would stay. Maybe we go smaller?
Hunt wasn't terrible, and Gus looked solid on the ball so I'd be willing to keep him in.

In: Harmes
Out: (mystery injury, Jacko?)

Probably Harmes for someone. That’s it.
Pls no. We played better without him given the form he’s been in. Brayshaw presumably stays in the midfield given how well Rivers played in that role, unless Salem is ruled out.

My only change would be someone in for Weideman, or for Jackson of injured. Brown of fit, Van Rooyen if not

David Neitz for Weid. He'd still have more impact.

I don't know. Seems inevitable Ben Brown for Weid, but I really don't want either in the team rn. Give Fritta and Kozzy an open 50 with Dogga or Gawn floating forward. TMac can't get fit quickly enough!

I'd probably make no change. Maybe Harmes as the sub for Chandler. Unless we want Harmes for a role, maybe against JDG?

Sparrow been very good the past two weeks.
Wouldn't say very good at all.
For everything good he does he does something poor at the moment. He has moments that stick out an make it seem like he's playing well but he does alot of basic stuff bad imo and Harmes is currently a better version.

Wouldn't say very good at all.
For everything good he does he does something poor at the moment. He has moments that stick out an make it seem like he's playing well but he does alot of basic stuff bad imo and Harmes is currently a better version.
I very much disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Sparrow, and I very much doubt they'd drop him, but if I was picking between Harmes and Sparrow, I'd pick Harmes every time. Better at finding the ball, hits the scoreboard more, and better at playing defensive roles.

Moot point though – imagine they'll find a way to play both. Though I much preferred seeing Gus get some mid time.

I very much disagree.
russell crowe fighting GIF by South Park

I like Sparrow, and I very much doubt they'd drop him, but if I was picking between Harmes and Sparrow, I'd pick Harmes every time. Better at finding the ball, hits the scoreboard more, and better at playing defensive roles.

Moot point though – imagine they'll find a way to play both. Though I much preferred seeing Gus get some mid time.
Harmes def comes in so who would you drop? Both Rivers and Hunt looked really good.

Harmes def comes in so who would you drop? Both Rivers and Hunt looked really good.
Honestly, I don't know. But I presume there will be the regular mystery injury by the end of the week to open up a spot. If not, maybe they will give Harmes one more week. Hard to tell

This is a game to really find out if Goody can change it up to get a result.

Whether it’s Weid or Brown up forward if we play as normal Moore and Howe will intercept everything.

We’re in real trouble if Jackson doesn’t get up as well, Weid rucking will be a disaster.

I’m thinking Trac and Fritsch out of the goalsquare, Brown in to play CHF and push up the ground. Harmes tagging N. Daicos.

Weid and Sparrow out. Tomlinson sub

I watched the Freo game again and it looked like we defended one on one up the ground to stop the run and carry of Freo. Will be interesting to see if we do it again.
Defending man on man is very underrated in todays football of zones and unaccountable play. It’s also a sure way to stop your opponent if they are beginning to get a run on. Geelong were very good at it last night and I think Stewart is so good because he knows when to defend and attack, whereas some ‘intercept’ defenders (which is what all defenders are, FFS) just stand in space and hope a turnover happens.

This is a game to really find out if Goody can change it up to get a result.

Whether it’s Weid or Brown up forward if we play as normal Moore and Howe will intercept everything.

We’re in real trouble if Jackson doesn’t get up as well, Weid rucking will be a disaster.

I’m thinking Trac and Fritsch out of the goalsquare, Brown in to play CHF and push up the ground. Harmes tagging N. Daicos.

Weid and Sparrow out. Tomlinson sub
Do we know what Howes injury was?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back