Changes v Collingwood.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Looks like in all the melting, we forgot a Changes thread ...

Rd12 Changes-01.png

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
* it May Hore Lever for Spargo JKH and OMAC
Move Fritsch forward Salem more mid time
Edit s**t forgot Salem is out so he can come in for Wagner

Last edited:

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
IN: May, Hore, Salem

OUT: OMac, Wagner, Spargo

Move Fritsch forward and Stretch back to the wing.

I'd rather giver Lever more proper VFL time, though admit I have no specific science to back this up. It's just Mabo really.

EDIT: I'd like to give JKH the boot too actually but can't see any other suitable ins.

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I'd rather giver Lever more proper VFL time, though admit I have no specific science to back this up. It's just Mabo really.

EDIT: I'd like to give JKH the boot too actually but can't see any other suitable ins.
what sort of player is Sparrow? can he come in for JKH,

otherwise id make the same changes. Give Lever more time in the twos.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

This is a good post

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In - Lever May Hore Salem
Out - Omac Wagner Stretch Spargo

I reckon Lever will play. A pity he missed this week and only got halfway through the last game. I’d say give him another VFL game but I think they’ll pick him.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
why isn't Pruess playing? He did very well in the practice game and I saw his first game as a Demon and thought he'd be a lock?
Doesnt have a tank, too slow, no pressure. But if he can kick 2+ every week and give Gawn a chop out i reckon its worth it but im not running this wonderful club or on selection committee

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Doesnt have a tank, too slow, no pressure. But if he can kick 2+ every week and give Gawn a chop out i reckon its worth it but im not running this wonderful club or on selection committee

You didn't ******* swear once, campaigner. RUOK?

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Also why the * would we bring in fat stuff and skinny after 1 and 0.5 games back in the VFL when our season is done

That’s just ******* stupid

The problem is NOT the cattle on the park (well maybe OMAC) it’s s**t coaching s**t leadership and terrible entries inside 50

We have shown that the people on the field are physically capable to compete

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
🤔 so you can post without swearing. Maybe my theory about Dr. truth is back on! 🤣
******* idiot haha. Pretty sure i only need 1 account to talk s**t. Or am i supposed to be none bogan suave talking ******* moron on the other account(not sure what Dr ****** posts) sorry everytime i see Dr i think of 'paging Dr ******' from hangover

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also why the **** would we bring in fat stuff and skinny after 1 and 0.5 games back in the VFL when our season is done

That’s just ******* stupid

The problem is NOT the cattle on the park (well maybe OMAC) it’s **** coaching **** leadership and terrible entries inside 50

We have shown that the people on the field are physically capable to compete
Cause why the * not? If Lever says hes ready then no problems bring him in. If the fat campaigner has actually had mini pre season and gotten into shape which he looks in good nick and hes ready then bring him in as well. Only if they are ready but pretty sure both have put their hand up and thats good enough for me over Misson telling us when. Bringing in Lever adds leadership bringing in May for OMAC makes our entries better i50 cause he'll take marks and set us up on the rebound. Coaching will be s**t either way you can have that 1.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Cause why the **** not? If Lever says hes ready then no problems bring him in. If the fat campaigner has actually had mini pre season and gotten into shape which he looks in good nick and hes ready then bring him in as well. Only if they are ready but pretty sure both have put their hand up and thats good enough for me over Misson telling us when. Bringing in Lever adds leadership bringing in May for OMAC makes our entries better i50 cause he'll take marks and set us up on the rebound. Coaching will be **** either way you can have that 1.

I agree on the leadership lever brings. More than I’ve seen from many of our supposed leaders

BUT here’s what I think would happen
- fat stuff will pull a hamstring
- skinny will do a bawk and * his ankle/ knee
- both will be out of juice after 10 minutes

They say that the pace of AFL is much greater than VFL but then again I’ve never played a game of AFL so I’m a ******* loser what would I know HA HA

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree on the leadership lever brings. More than I’ve seen from many of our supposed leaders

BUT here’s what I think would happen
- fat stuff will pull a hamstring
- skinny will do a bawk and **** his ankle/ knee
- both will be out of juice after 10 minutes

They say that the pace of AFL is much greater than VFL but then again I’ve never played a game of AFL so I’m a ******* loser what would I know HA HA
I reckon itd be good for Lever and May to play together before the bye can suss out what they want the other and that crazy campaigner Frost to do over the break then work together 2nd 1/2 of the year cause they would have barely trained gameday bullshit with eachother yet.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
A lot of focus on the missed shots in the last quarter against Adelaide, but IMO the most painful * up was JKH falling over as the last man in defence and gifting Adelaide what would be the sealer. He is a an absolutely pathetic football player and a meagre glance at his appearance in a red and blue jumper makes me sick. Incredible to think after this many years he's been aroud people who are in paid employment at the Melbourne Football Club think there's anything worth persisting with him as a senior footballer.

Out: Jay
In: Anyone or no one, Idgaf.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Does anyone feel T Smith offers more than Preuss?
I don't know about offering more, but they both offer something completely different. In fact, as forward/rucks, they're basically the exact opposite of each other. Preuss is a nightmare match up for defences, that gives you an extra couple of shots on goal because of it, while when he goes into the ruck, he still gives that dominance when Gawn has a break, with the obvious down side is a crap tank, he's out of the contest when the ball hits the deck, and he makes it that much easier for the oppo to rebound the ball.

While Smith is a fairly vanilla forward, who will at best halve the ruck contest, but he'll continue to attack the ball and the man if he doesn't win it himself.

Which works best? I don't think we've had enough of a look at Preuss in the team to know yet.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't know about offering more, but they both offer something completely different. In fact, as forward/rucks, they're basically the exact opposite of each other. Preuss is a nightmare match up for defences, that gives you an extra couple of shots on goal because of it, while when he goes into the ruck, he still gives that dominance when Gawn has a break, with the obvious down side is a crap tank, he's out of the contest when the ball hits the deck, and he makes it that much easier for the oppo to rebound the ball.

While Smith is a fairly vanilla forward, who will at best halve the ruck contest, but he'll continue to attack the ball and the man if he doesn't win it himself.

Which works best? I don't think we've had enough of a look at Preuss in the team to know yet.

I just find it so strange we recruited Preuss after Gawn got flogged by two rucks then don't play Preuss against teams like WCE. Sure Gawn is arguably matching his 2018 season but I wouldn't mind him getting some protection. At this stage I'd even consider dropping TMac and going smaller but that won't happen.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does anyone feel T Smith offers more than Preuss?

Technically right now yes, he probably does.

But I think Smith is playing at his absolute ceiling at AFL level at the moment whereas Preuss can get better and eventually offer more.

J Smith might end up being be a better option than both but * knows when he will get back on the park and have a chance to show us.

Back