Changes v Collingwood.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I just find it so strange we recruited Preuss after Gawn got flogged by two rucks then don't play Preuss against teams like WCE. Sure Gawn is arguably matching his 2018 season but I wouldn't mind him getting some protection. At this stage I'd even consider dropping TMac and going smaller but that won't happen.
I'm 50/50 on it to be honest. Probably less so with West Coast (I think Hickey was a late inclusion, and in any case, is a much different proposition than Lycett) but definitely for Round 1 against Port, he should have been there for the purpose it looked like he was recruited for, in giving Gawn some support.

But on the other hand, just because we got him in for that purpose, does that mean we automatically pick him, even if he's not ticking all the boxes to be selected? Being his tank or anything else?

That said, the season has been sufficiently torched, so why not give him 4-5 weeks and see how it looks?

Agree re: TMac, but it's probably at the point where you just leave him, because it's gotta come good at some stage!

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also why the **** would we bring in fat stuff and skinny after 1 and 0.5 games back in the VFL when our season is done

That’s just ******* stupid

The problem is NOT the cattle on the park (well maybe OMAC) it’s **** coaching **** leadership and terrible entries inside 50

We have shown that the people on the field are physically capable to compete
Agree May at Casey for at least 1 more, he’s given * all so far and should be made to earn it. And nothing to be gained from playing Lever on the back of half a game in a year.

Salem in if fit, Tmac goes back for rest of year and Fritsch forward. Wagner unlucky

TMac was poor against Adelaide but I thought he’s been pretty good the few weeks before that. Suggestions we send him back are laughable now that May and Lever are imminent.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In - May Lever Hore Salem
Out - Omac Wagner Stretch Spargo

Not sure that takes out too much run. But we’ll look for better down back.
Stretch has been ok but I’d give JKH another go as he looked ok first up.
Keep Smith in. Pruess will have to wait his turn. However I’m not sure we want to flog Gawn one out all year again. So I’d like to see Pruess again at some stage. I also like the way Smith goes about it.
Spargo will be a player I think. But is having second year blues. He was better in the weekend but I think he’ll be pushed out.

Not sure about people defending JKH... I know its a big call but if we had Salem in instead of JKH we win that game. O Mac is getting worse some how. Stretch not up to it.

Out: JKH, O Mac, Stretch
In: Salem, May, Hore

If Lever is good to go he comes in for Wagner.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Not sure about people defending JKH... I know its a big call but if we had Salem in instead of JKH we win that game. O Mac is getting worse some how. Stretch not up to it.

Out: JKH, O Mac, Stretch
In: Salem, May, Hore

If Lever is good to go he comes in for Wagner.
I don't think thats a big call at all, if we had Salem or Hore we'd have won, let alone both.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
O'mac has been playing genuinely disastrous football this season. He was never a superstar but he at least resembled a footballer before... now he looks like he hates every minute he's playing. Should be dropped/sacked for his own mental health.

In - May Lever Hore Salem
Out - Omac Wagner Stretch Spargo

Not sure that takes out too much run. But we’ll look for better down back.
Stretch has been ok but I’d give JKH another go as he looked ok first up.
Keep Smith in. Pruess will have to wait his turn. However I’m not sure we want to flog Gawn one out all year again. So I’d like to see Pruess again at some stage. I also like the way Smith goes about it.
Spargo will be a player I think. But is having second year blues. He was better in the weekend but I think he’ll be pushed out.
swap Stretch with JKH

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
In- May, Salem, Hore, Lever

Out- Oscar (For good), Stretch, Spargo, Wagner

B- Hibberd, May, Hore
HB- Salem, Frost, Lever
C- Harmes, Viney, JKH
HF- Petracca, Weideman, Hannan
F- Garlett, T McDonald, T Smith
Foll- Gawn, Brayshaw, Oliver
Int- Jones, Fritsch, Baker, Hunt

They have the same skill set so i'd play one or the other

Can't play 2 blokes that are pretty much the same player
I agree.

But Stretch could make it as an AFL player, JKH is a write off. So let Stretch play a few more games to see if he has an AFL future imo

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stretch is a better user if the footy and JKH a better pressure player. I guess it depends what the team wants. But I’d like to see Billy take the game on more if he stays in.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stretch is a better user if the footy and JKH a better pressure player. I guess it depends what the team wants. But I’d like to see Billy take the game on more if he stays in.

He looked great in that game he played last year before getting injured. Had some good run and carry and was using the ball really well.

I've already put a line through JKH as an AFL player. I think I did that several years ago actually.

I haven't quite put the line through Stretch yet...but I'm not far off it.

Back