Changes v Collingwood.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stretch it nearly done for me, although having to play a role at HBF because Salem and Hore were out definitely didn't work in his favour.

He just doesn't have many weapons, I thought when he first hit the scene he'd be a great little player as he did the fundamentals so well, but even now his passing isn't as tidy as it was and he doesn't have any creativity when he kicks it. As a run and carry player I feel he's just too conservative and seems to be in his own head these days worrying about x y and z. Baker is immediately a better wingman than him just through his will to take the game on

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He looked great in that game he played last year before getting injured. Had some good run and carry and was using the ball really well.

I've already put a line through JKH as an AFL player. I think I did that several years ago actually.

I haven't quite put the line through Stretch yet...but I'm not far off it.
I’ve just been waiting for Stretch to proper break out. Looked like it prior to injury last season. JKH is likely to be delisted at end of year unless he shows a bit more. Maybe the coaches will give him a few weeks. I thought he was ok on the weekend.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stretch to me me looks like someone who has had all his natural flair and instinct coached out of him. We hear of players being over coached with so many structures and body position stuff that they are then too scared to just play on instinct because of the probability of being dropped the next week.

Stretch of 2015 to 2016 was someone i could see becoming a very handy gut running wingman, displayed a lot of highquality traits of a very good AFL footballer. I remember his game against brisbane back in 2016 where he gathered 31 disposals and i thought that was his break out game of what we would see in thr potential future.

Have been and still a fan of Billy and do hope he plays this weekend..

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stretch to me me looks like someone who has had all his natural flair and instinct coached out of him. We hear of players being over coached with so many structures and body position stuff that they are then too scared to just play on instinct because of the probability of being dropped the next week.

Stretch of 2015 to 2016 was someone i could see becoming a very handy gut running wingman, displayed a lot of highquality traits of a very good AFL footballer. I remember his game against brisbane back in 2016 where he gathered 31 disposals and i thought that was his break out game of what we would see in thr potential future.

Have been and still a fan of Billy and do hope he plays this weekend..
Good summation. I remember they wanted him to develop his inside game. Since then he seems to have stagnated. He could be the wingman we need. I just want to see him take the game on more.

More likely. Tommy probably should be dropped on form but I don’t see it happening. They will play him forward to miss marks and run under the ball
He's talking about the other McDonald.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
He's talking about the other McDonald.
Oh. I’d forgotten about him. Yeah he should be dropped. Though I’m sure he would prove excellent at dropping marks anywhere on the ground

mattdb

Premium Gold
May 1, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
[IMG='width:400px;']https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Melbourne/Images/RD12_SQUAD.jpg[/IMG]

Deelighted

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Interested to see the final changes. If Level & Hore are 100% I would go

In: May, Salem, Lever, Hore
Out: JKH, OMac, Wagner, Stretch

Toss up between ANB or Spargo for me.

Back