Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Sneeze hold his spot as he did enough to do so.
The whole idea about coming in for an injured player is to get a shot to prove yourself so this "last in first out" line shouldn't be relevent.
He came in and performed well enough to hold his spot.

Kennedy has to come in if he is fit and ready and obviously Digdug's out so do we just make this change or drop someone else to replace kennedy and bring in a defender to replace Dug?

Like Francis to have a go as his speed would provide a bit of a headache for the opposition but not sure on his form.
Schoey goes all right against this mob so maybe he comes in and maybe Oallen has his "managed" rest.

We did not flog the Pies, in fact we gave them a head start.

Schofield only came in because there was nobody else, he was arguably BOG as well but realistically I think Cole gets the gig.

Cole got sent to the WAFL to get form, which he did. His previous AFL form is now irrelevant because he did what was asked of him by going back to find form, didn't lower his colours.

We don't need Watson's run and carry so much when we're trying to kick it from the HBF through the middle, we don't really run it like Essendon do. I love Watson's intent to tackle more than anything else he provides, but Cole has that bodyline mentality pursuit of ground balls that Shep and Duggan both have.
I used the word flogged to indicate it was a huge win being a grand final and not so much for its literal meaning
You raise some good points but the main positive for me is in replacing Duggan we have at least four very able options
So how great is that.
Cheers

I used the word flogged to indicate it was a huge win being a grand final and not so much for its literal meaning
You raise some good points but the main positive for me is in replacing Duggan we have at least four very able options
So how great is that.
Cheers
Yeah like the flogging we gave Sydney in 2006. Shame about how they flogged us in 2005 though.

Would love to see Sneeze hold his spot as he did enough to do so.
The whole idea about coming in for an injured player is to get a shot to prove yourself so this "last in first out" line shouldn't be relevent.
He came in and performed well enough to hold his spot.

Kennedy has to come in if he is fit and ready and obviously Digdug's out so do we just make this change or drop someone else to replace kennedy and bring in a defender to replace Dug?

Like Francis to have a go as his speed would provide a bit of a headache for the opposition but not sure on his form.
Schoey goes all right against this mob so maybe he comes in and maybe Oallen has his "managed" rest.

Essentially, I agree with your point about last in first out being irrelevant but if Achee stays in who goes out for Kennedy? He’s not a defender so he doesn’t stay because Duggans injured

Means one of Rioli, Cameron or Allen has to miss instead. Allen you could make a case on the basis of we’re too tall with him purely as a forward but I can’t see that happening

Ordinarily it’d be Masten featuring as an out but he’s just played his best game for the season

Arch had a good game so he’s unlucky but he’s back to the beagles I think

With Duggan out for 2 months, we have the chance to give someone an opportunity and for more than a game.

Options:
1. Cole - was preferred small defender, lost confidence and replaced by Nelson who has done enough to keep the spot. Sent back to WAFL and has delivered and looks confident. We know what we have with Tom and replacing Duggan sees a drop in spoiling, intensity and kicking (though Liam has his moments).
2. Schofield - covered de Goey in the GF and after a bumpy first 2 matches, did well in the absence of Barrass. Great depth and picking him misses a chance to try someone else.
3. Rotham - delivered well in the 2 matches he was in earlier and has been one of our best defenders in the Beagles. Probably my first option as I am liking the development in 2019 and I think he will be benefit the most of a sustained run.
4. Watson - I would love to see him get a gig but not sure against the Pies is the right week. Would try to get a couple of games into him before the finals.
5. Mutimer - has played defense a bit at BEagles but I think I have seen enough to say he is likely to go at season's end so I would prioritise him lower.
6.. Is Jarrod Brander fit enough to try on the HBF? He has the pace, the endurance and is good at ground level to be the third tall and I believe he will offer the biggest upside with games pumped into him. I realise he is listed as test and this week might not be the best but it is worth a punt.

Options, I like seeing flexibility. I also like it that I do not cringe with any of those above. MC will have some interesting calls to make and signs of a healthy list. We have similar options for our forward line.

My only wish is that we had those options in the midfield.

Last edited:
Cole for Duggan
JK for Ah Chee

It's not really the time to be stuffing around with selections. Need to get our best available 22 on the park at this time of the season
I think we know our best 20. Two spots TBD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Duggan out for 2 months, we have the chance to give someone an opportunity and for more than a game.

Options:
1. Cole - was preferred small defender, lost confidence and replaced by Nelson who has done enough to keep the spot. Sent back to WAFL and has delivered and looks confident. We know what we have with Tom and replacing Duggan sees a drop in spoiling, intensity and kicking (though Liam has his moments).
2. Schofield - covered de Goey in the GF and after a bumpy first 2 matches, did well in the absence of Barrass. Great depth and picking him misses a chance to try someone else.
3. Rotham - delivered well in the 2 matches he was in earlier and has been one of our best defenders in the Beagles. Probably my first option as I am liking the development in 2019 and I think he will be benefit the most of a sustained run.
4. Watson - I would love to see him get a gig but not sure against the Pies is the right week. Would try to get a couple of games into him before the finals.
5. Mutimer - has played defense a bit at BEagles but I think I have seen enough to say he is likely to go at season's end so I would prioritise him lower.
6.. Is Jarrod Brander fit enough to try on the HBF? He has the pace, the endurance and is good at ground level to be the third tall and I believe he will offer the biggest upside with games pumped into him. I realise he is listed as test and this week might not be the best but it is worth a punt.

Options, I like seeing flexibility. I also like it that I do not cringe with any of those above. MC will have some interesting calls to make and signs of a healthy list. We have similar options for our forward line.

If we play the GF next week, I reckon we're taking Schofield.

So the question is: are we picking the best available side or still tinkering and experimenting and having a look at guys?

And I say that despite liking the look of Rotham and being frustrated by the lack of opportunity afforded some of the younger guys.

If we play the GF next week, I reckon were taking Schofield.

So the question is: are we picking the best available side or still tinkering and experimenting and having a look at guys?
Exactly. Very important game. Probably not time to be testing 'what-if's'.

Options:

WTF I go camping for two days and come back to Duggan out for 2 months?

Injury list says 5/6 weeks. I recall he went off and came back on and played out the gsme.

Cole back in then.

Surely Sheppard goes straight to DeGoey, not Schofield. And given Diggan isn't a KPP I'd put a line through Schofield.

I like Rotham the most personally, but I'd be fine with Cole as well.

Rather blood Watson against some s**t team who won't punish us so much if he does his usual backline brain fade.

Watson to debut v Melbourne in Alice would be a good option.

He'd get plenty of cheers from the locals. And a fair chance a bunch of family would drive down too.

Earlier in the year Rotham debuted v Pies with no Duggan IIRC. (and played very well).
Don't know the changes in Collingwood's lineup, but Cole v Rotham is an interesting one for the M.C

Hey all, not sure where to put this so sorry for spamming... I've got a single ticket for sale for Friday's game against the pies. Can't do member resale apparently as I'm only in the wings. Section 521 row 22, $68 does anyone want it for face value?

Or does anyone have experience selling on viagogo or anything? Cheers!

Ordinarily it’d be Masten featuring as an out but he’s just played his best game for the season

As carbine chaos kept reminding us, masten plays a role, aka “running patterns” seemingly regardless of form..hurt factor etc
And is easily the weakest link in chain

(Sorry bout comment the other day, bit out of line)

As carbine chaos kept reminding us, masten plays a role, aka “running patterns” seemingly regardless of form..hurt factor etc
And is easily the weakest link in chain

(Sorry bout comment the other day, bit out of line)
Masten didn’t do a bad job of toweling up Brad Hill as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back