M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
What does everyone think? I'll cool down for 20 minutes and post mine.
tenor.gif

Oscar has had a very poor month. Could make way for someone.

Probably missed Matho today. When Linc, Charlie and Rayner aren’t kicking goals their lack of versatility hurts. Could bring Matho in for one of them.

Witherden could get dropped. I think Lester has his spot. Might make way for Walker.

Oscar for Keays
Rayner for Matho
Lester for Walker

Oh and Bailey for Basti and if Berry is injured maybe CLyons

The temptation after a disappointing performance is to suggest lots of changes but I'm not sure that is fagans style. Berry and Bailey look unlikely, and the 2 ruckmen experiment is not consistently working in terms of forward line. Adelaide are tall so walker will be a sure thing.

Maybe out - Berry Bailey Oscar or Stef
In - walker, Keays, bastinac

Mcstay to ruck in forward 50

One thing that sucks is that the NEAFL team has the bye next week so no chance for players to be sent back to practice some forward pressure.

Still think it's time to bring Keays in. Probably leaning towards Rayner as the one to go out as I think cameron and McCarthy offer a tiny bit more off the ball.

Rayner and his BFF Witherden should be but they won’t be. Gifted games now which sends the wrong message.
Witherden is seriously rubbish!

What I would like to happen-

Outs- Ryan Lester, Zac Bailey(Hammy), Noah Answerth, Jarryd Lyons, Cam Rayner(managed).

Ins- Ben Keays, Rhys Matheison, Josh Walker, Toby Wooller, Mitchell Hinge.

I'd like to see if Rhys offers more than J.Lyons with him out and less competition for inside ball. Keays will provide more than Cam at the moment. Hinge and Wooller deserve a chance. Walker obvious in.

On thin ice- The Big O, Charlie, Stef, Cuts

What I think we'll do-

Outs- Ryan Lester. Edit- Forgot about Bailey.

Ins- Josh Walker. Ben Keays.

Last edited:
Oscar for Walker
Rayner for Keays
Bailey for Wooller

I’d like Witherden dropped as well. Really worried about him tbh. He has the fitness and speed of a Biggest Loser contestant and if it’s not something he can ever develop, I can’t ever see him being much chop.

Edit. If Berry is out then Cam gets a reprieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our small/ medium forwards barely fired a shot today. Linc at least managed to get a bit of the ball up the ground bit it was a dirty day for them in what should have been an edge for us.

Can't keep ignoring Keays form in the twos.

Bailey is likely a strait swap with Walker to handle a much taller forward line.

Also agree Oscar has been very quiet. Happy to go in with one ruck and let McStay have a run on the ball to help out Martin.

Cutler wasn't great either today but think he deserves another week or two to make his case. Seems to be really rushing his kicks and wasting the ball.

Witherden is also pretty poor this year. Perhaps we could move him onto a wing and allow him to play a more creative role. His fitness might not make this possible though.

Not sure exactly what changes to suggest. Will think about it ....

I said a few times I only play the 2 ruck against teams who play 2 rucks. or its super dry.
Drop Walker although keep 2 ruck in the drizzle was always going to be top heavy against a small side.
Every week our 2 rucks end up with same output as their one so we end up a player down.
Big O not been getting the ball in the forward line and even if Martin gets it he is not the best kick.
Martin can play the whole game in ruck. We won hitouts today lost clearances and basically a player down and when Bailey went down 2.
O'Brien been playing well for Crows I rather go another small
Keays for Big O.
Bailey out Walker back.
Allison/Bastinac have to come in for Berry.

McCarthy, Rayner and Cameron did not do much in conditions you think suit them. Although seemed McCarthy took Baileys role after his hammy more up the ground.

We need a dash of young quick talent into the team. Nothing against Answerth but still think he's out of his depth in the AFL at this stage. Panics way too much and resorts to a hack kick around the body only for it to come back into the defensive 50.

Shame about Bailey being injured again, he was our answer to some speed out of the backline. Need someone in the reserves to really command a spot in the defensive 50, as there is a spot there for the taking. Maybe time to give Hinge a debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back