Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh you're talking with regards to suspension. My bad and apologies, I totally blanked on that incident.

I'm just so used to hearing people say he's lazy and needs to be dropped.
All good mate, I’ve been a huge Jetta fan ever since he got to the club. Love the bloke!

Don't think dropping Redden would help us in the contest. He's fading in and out of games a little and certainly didn't use it too well tonight, but isn't alone in that regard. Was very important in the clinches early when Melbourne were red hot, likewise in patches against the Saints and Suns. I think we back him in.

Don't even think you'd bother challenging the MRO on Jetta unless they give him more than a week.

It's not the fact Smith came back on, it's the action. Albeit a fairly slow motion tackle, his arms were completely pinned. Can't argue against that.

Oppositions medical report should stand for nothing when it's pretty black and white. Tipping he'll get a week.

Although it must be said, the action of Fyfe swinging a clear elbow at Lynch's head didn't stand for anything this week due to Lynch being fine :think:

McAllen chose a poor week to not perform in the WAFL. You'd think Ah Chee comes in for Venables now. The club could very well prefer to bring in Masten, but that would be like worthy as it would mess up the great dynamic we have now with our forwards/mid split.

Out: Vardy, Jetta (susp), Venables (inj)
In: Schofield, Rotham, Ah Chee

This - Had we lost though I would have added a couple more but their butts got saved in the last quarter. Reckon we are carrying a few blokes though: Petreculle, Darling, Allen to name a couple. I'd normally have Cole in that list but he had his best game this season tonight.

Last edited:
Hutch has to go if he isn't tagging. I'd rather Masten on the wing or bring in literally any of the young/developing mids. Even Brander would have offered more than Hutch without a role.

Desperately need Schoey back next week. Allows us to drop one of Hickey or Vardy and use OAllen as second ruck.

Sad Watson is ded while Jetta is likely to be suspended. You'd think if he was playing this would be his game. Nelson or Gotham to come in as a result. Mutimer also a chance.

Venables to be replaced by Ah Chee or Waterman. Could see the MC going either way with this. Don't think Ah Chee has much of a future at this point so I'd prefer Waterman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Oscar from defence. He was sooo out of place and not surprising, we’re asking a young kpp to play kpf, 3rd tall forward, chop out ruck and now KPD. Cannot expect him understand our defensive structures and all other aspects
In Brander - time to make him our KPD and if not him, then Schofield

Out: Cole. He has lost confidence and is costing us.
In: Nelson or Rotham

Out: Hutchings unless he has a hard tag
In Matth Allen

Out Venables (concussion but did SFA prior to that)
In Waterman

How does Jetta get suspended- Careless, High contact, low impact (player came back onto the ground). Unless there's a damning medical report surely it's a fine?
"A Player’s conduct will be regarded as Careless where his conduct is not intentional, but constitutes a breach of the duty of care owed by the Player to all other Players "

Jetts should not go for that, but it wouldn't surprise as he's been hung out to dry by the Melb media boys club already. Elbows to the head are fine, a perfectly good tackle (that was rewarded with holding the ball) gets a suspension. What a fine comp we have.

Out: Jetta(susp), Venables(concussion), Vardy(cannot be picked again after his last 3 wks, borderline embarrassing tonight)

In: Rotham, Ah Chee, Schofield

Hutch stays. Sloane will be his target next week.

DV might be given a week off, given his concussion. Jetta will get 2 weeks I think. We might scrape it down to 1 at the tribunal, but they are very clear in punishing anyone who causes concussion to anyone in a tackle. Unless it’s before GF week, or you’ve won a Brownlow.

So right now, assuming those 2 changes.

Out: Vardy, Jetta (susp), DV (concussion)

We need to sort out where Redden/Gaff & Sheed sit in contests. Right now it feels like we are trying to fit 3 guys to play 2 roles. We need a better system. Redden is better off playing Masto’s role than Hutch, his disposal is much more reliable.

Hickey to take sole rucking duties against O’brien, with Allen to support.

Hutch stays. Sloane will be his target next week.

DV might be given a week off, given his concussion. Jetta will get 2 weeks I think. We might scrape it down to 1 at the tribunal, but they are very clear in punishing anyone who causes concussion to anyone in a tackle. Unless it’s before GF week, or you’ve won a Brownlow.

So right now, assuming those 2 changes.

Out: Vardy, Jetta (susp), DV (concussion)

We need to sort out where Redden/Gaff & Sheed sit in contests. Right now it feels like we are trying to fit 3 guys to play 2 roles. We need a better system. Redden is better off playing Masto’s role than Hutch, his disposal is much more reliable.

Hickey to take sole rucking duties against O’brien, with Allen to support.
Like this alot.

Get Duggan on a wing/midfield role for a game or 2.

Playing ok footy and finding a bit more of the footy lately.

think Jetta should not be suspended. thought that was more bad luck than anything. thought the player tackled hit his shoulder and then head sort of snapped back. thought it was a perfect tackle. accidents happen. think some in here are being hard on Darling and Vardy. Darling had the ball kicked on his head all night and usually he was outnumbered. vardy contested well in the air and created more chances for his smalls. thought he was better in the ruck than his partner as well. thought it was a positive that Allen had a run in defence . increase his versatility as the match committee seem intent on playing him

Out: Jetta (susp - pfft, should have gone in with the elbow according to the MRO), Venables (Inj)

In: Rotham, MAllen/Ah Chee

Darling stays in.

Earlier in the season I thought Darling needed a spell. Seemed to have his head down, no spirit. Last few weeks he has worked his ass off. Did a few good things, worked up the ground a heap and was scragged at nearly every contest the last 2 weeks. 4th most tackles for the game. I think he is close to absolutely smashing a game open - effort is there.

Venables concussion looked pretty bad - probably will miss a week.
Jetta - probably will miss a week as arms were pinned and head hit ground. AFL need to show tough after Ablett and Fyfe were feather whipped.
Hickey was injured and though he came back on, didn't look 100%. May get another injury week.
Vardy - on current form and impact we'd be better with my grandmother playing ruck. Honestly, we'd be better off getting a few games into Williams or Brooksby. It's not as if they could offer less.

That's 3 forced and 1 form out. And that's more changes than Simmo likes to make. This suggests that Vardy may get an undeserved reprieve.

Against Adelaide we can go with one ruck and OAllen.

Out - Venables (concussion), Jetta (susp), Hickey (inj), Vardy (form)
In - Ah Chee, Rotham, Brooksby (I'd be happy with Bailey Williams), MAllen.

After watching Brooksby a bit for the Beagles recently, i'd seriously consider playing him ahead of Vardy at this point.

5 touches, 1 mark, 7 hitouts and 3 clangers is hard to beat and all, but i'm sure he'd do his best.

Actually the more i look at it, the more it seems like a good idea.

Theres no way Jetta should go for that. Does nothing wrong.

Edit: also Vardy out... So out of form

Last edited:
Would like Mutimer to replace Jetta as the form WAFL flanker. He deserves a last chance saloon.

Ah Chee surely in for Venables.

If Jetta gets off, drop Duggan. Needs a kick up the arse. His disposal has been poor all season and last night he hit a new low.

Vardy is a flat out liability. Oscar back in the ruck/forward.

IN: Schofield, Ah Chee, Mutimer
OUT: Vardy, Venables, Duggan/Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back