Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Beveridge selects on the basis of how well the player carries out the role he is assigned, who knows how Beveridge rated Roarke Smith's game. If he did what he was instructed to do well enough, he'll retain his place.

Crows will look to stretch our tall defenders this week. Last week they played 5 (!) forwards all 193-201 cm (Walker, Lynch, Himmelberg, Frampton, Fogarty).

Will be a good opportunity for someone, it'll be interesting to see how we set up.

With a mix of Cordy, Schache, Williams and maybe Wood or even Khamis or Young, will be curious who leads the backs and plays main man in Keath's absence.

Stay tuned for Lockdown announcements for Victoria over the next two days. That may determine one of the biggest changes of all for the week. The game will be either played here:

View attachment 1186240

or changed to here:

View attachment 1186242

Time will tell, and be prepared that crowd numbers may be very limited at either venue (if crowds are permitted back at all to venues) given the VIC Government's very conservative approach to how we come out of lockdowns. If there are no crowds, then the advantage goes to Ballarat where the Bulldogs at least get reimbursed $300,000 for playing a game in Ballarat (with no crowd), where as the AFL incurs complete loss if the game is played before anything less than 22,000 at Marvel.

I'm predicting that they will allow 25-50% crowds at the footy for the first couple of weeks and strict mask wearing outside the venues (in consideration of the fiasco at AAMI Park two weeks ago). The image below shows crowds lined up outside gate seven at AAMI Park before the AUS v FRA game which later turned out to be a spreader event ... :eek::

View attachment 1186251

The crowd controllers are likely to be vigilant on excessive movement.

If the game is played at Marvel, we might expect that it will likely be played with the roof open irrespective of the weather, which is forecast to be quite windy in Victoria next weekend with some showers in both Melbourne and Ballarat. At least it is forecast to be an unseasonal Northerly which means that it will be warmer than normal. Melbourne forecast to be 19 degrees with 80% chance of showers, while Ballarat forecast at 15 degrees with 90% chance of showers.
I like your posts Roogal, but northerlies are not unseasonal in winter. In fact they are way more common in winter than summer. I have surfed the area for over 35 years and wind direction is the most important weather factor to any surf. Summer is mostly southerlies but the stinking hot days are northerlies of course. Northerlies and Westerlies all through winter are still very very cold. High pressure systems determine temperature more than wind direction in winter. Off topic I know but …

I like your posts Roogal, but northerlies are not unseasonal in winter. In fact they are way more common in winter than summer. I have surfed the area for over 35 years and wind direction is the most important weather factor to any surf. Summer is mostly southerlies but the stinking hot days are northerlies of course. Northerlies and Westerlies all through winter are still very very cold. High pressure systems determine temperature more than wind direction in winter. Off topic I know but …
Anyone who went to the footy at the Western Oval can vouch for that. When did it ever blow towards Barkly Street ?

"It is not the crowd number that is the problem, but the herding of large numbers of people ...so presumably they got it at the bar or whilst being herded through narrow entrances."

Look at the situation when we played the Cats in Geelong: crowd size was reduced to 7K, but it was decided by ground management (I assume) to herd most of them into one area on the wing. Presumably to save on catering and cleaning costs.

I'm sure that having all your supporters in one area, creating more noise, was not a consideration ...

I think we need to temper the schache hype.

I am a schache fan and am wrapped he got another opportunity and took it this time.

But, he arguably played against the slowest key forward combo in the league on a wet night.

Good start for the guy, but walker and fogarty will be a real test. Both are bullocking kpf's, which seems to work against him. We will see. I hope he proves me wrong.

My changes are:

In: dunkley wood
Out: richards keith
I reckon you wont find too many genuine fans of the bloke hyping him up. We're wary, just waiting for the 'told you so"s if he isn't as successful next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have surfed the area for over 35 years and wind direction is the most important weather factor to any surf. Summer is mostly southerlies but the stinking hot days are northerlies of course. Northerlies and Westerlies all through winter are still very very cold. High pressure systems determine temperature more than wind direction in winter. Off topic I know but …

We've finally uncovered Bevo on BF!

Crows will look to stretch our tall defenders this week. Last week they played 5 (!) forwards all 193-201 cm (Walker, Lynch, Himmelberg, Frampton, Fogarty).

Will be a good opportunity for someone, it'll be interesting to see how we set up.

With a mix of Cordy, Schache, Williams and maybe Wood or even Khamis or Young, will be curious who leads the backs and plays main man in Keath's absence.
Choke the supply going forward.... big week for our mids to dominate and make it hard for the opposition to get good ball in. Dunkley and Libba will help this!

Out - Keath, Richards, Scott, Smith
In - Wood, Dunkley, Crozier & Lipinski

We’re just going round & around with some of these players. We really need to settle the line-up. Crozier only came back a week ago and was poor. Smith & Scott are constantly in & out, as has been Lipinski.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’re just going round & around with some of these players. We really need to settle the line-up. Crozier only came back a week ago and was poor. Smith & Scott are constantly in & out, as has been Lipinski.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Scott hasn't done anything for 6 weeks

Out - Keath, Richards, Scott, Smith
In - Wood, Dunkley, Crozier & Lipinski
Agree with the changes above. Crozier the sub for me incase we lose a defender. Lipi has to get another chance seeing how poor Roarke was. hard to tell how effective he was as a tagger on tv but 5 possessions is not acceptable and Langdon is no Oliver or Petracca and he still got 15 possessions in conditions that does not suit his game style.

I’d be shocked if Rourke Smith got dropped. It’s pretty clear his role isn’t about possessions, it’s about stopping the other teams winger. I reckon he’ll stay in this role until Ads is back.

Keath, Richards

Wood, Dunkley

Play Shache on Tex. I’d rather find out if Saturday was a fluke now instead of a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back