Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Or Johannisen.

I'd be trying to keep Daniel around the midfield as much as possible
Hope not. JJ has been horrendous down back this year.

It seems like Roarke is doing his job on the wing so I think MC like him there. Daniel and Scott most likely to me, but who knows until they're out there on the field

Langdon had his least impactful game of the year last week. I'm tipping Seedsman to get the same treatment this week. I think he is playing his role really well.

I might be in the minority here but Bev doesn't play run with roles. Run with roles don't work in zone setups. You basically open up holes across the park if some players are told to hold the zone and others are running man on man.

5 disposals and 3 tackles. His performances over the period don't stack up and will probably be out of the side when Treloar returns. And I'd argue that Rourke didn't take sole responsibility for Langdon either. Just because he's named on the wing alongside him doesn't mean he spends the night running with him.

Who has an enormously bigger claim on a spot really? Most available have been tried and haven't really been much better. Unless I'm forgetting someone obvious ?
A player who is BOG in every VFL game he plays and would average double the possessions that Roarke and Scott with far superior disposal whose pressure acts and tackle numberS compare and who could become a very good player.

I might be in the minority here but Bev doesn't play run with roles. Run with roles don't work in zone setups. You basically open up holes across the park if some players are told to hold the zone and others are running man on man.

5 disposals and 3 tackles. His performances over the period don't stack up and will probably be out of the side when Treloar returns. And I'd argue that Rourke didn't take sole responsibility for Langdon either. Just because he's named on the wing alongside him doesn't mean he spends the night running with him.
You are right in that Bev traditionally never has his players perform a run with role but if you get the chance to watch the game again you'll see that Roarke hardly left Langdon's side. Why? Because Melbourne's wings are so important to their structure, we learned that from the 1st game against them.

I agree that when we get some soldiers back that Roarke will once again be on the fringe of the best 22. I also think he is doing a job and doing it pretty well. Let's see if he goes to the dangerous Seedsman this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically he's not as he took the field last week. Being a "Med-sub" is still classed as a game.
Well if that's how they officially spin it I still think it's sloppy. No I'd go further than sloppy. It's wrong-headed.

He was not selected last Thursday and was not a late inclusion pre-game but was somehow selected mid-game? Naah, sorry. Doesn't work for me.

Three outs but only two ins? All it does is create confusion.

They should call it like it is. Three changes from last week's selected side.

Duryea bails us out a lot in defense.

Roarke still being in deserves melts so thats the angle I'll work pre-game.
Fair enough but you need a bit more outrage. Angry emojis at least. You're carrying the side.

Well if that's how they officially spin it I still think it's sloppy. No I'd go further than sloppy. It's wrong-headed.

He was not selected last Thursday and was not a late inclusion pre-game but was somehow selected mid-game? Naah, sorry. Doesn't work for me.

Three outs but only two ins? All it does is create confusion.

They should call it like it is. Three changes from last week's selected side.

I agree it's not really the way it should be but when the AFL brought in this sub they stated that it would count as a game regardless of whether or not they got subbed in.

All clubs are doing this way.

Fair enough but you need a bit more outrage. Angry emojis at least. You're carrying the side.
Hannan, Schache, and Roarke in the same team might get 7 possessions between them.

We're a month from finals and meant to be nailing down our best lineup and were experimenting like we're 15th. There are no crowds. Its cold, wet, and everyone is suffering from covid across the nation.

We have to sit here and pay membership money not to go to games and were rewarded with the three headed Molerat on television. In Ballarat of all places. Ugly.

:rage::rage::rage::tired::devilv1:

Spot on, Langdon played a full game while Roarke was on for 75%. It was not a run with role.
Bevo gave Roarke a role on Selwood earlier this year and Selwood had his best game for the year. Makes a mockery of blokes who deserve a crack in the AFL

Hannan, Schache, and Roarke in the same team might get 7 possessions between them.

We're a month from finals and meant to be nailing down our best lineup and were experimenting like we're 15th. There are no crowds. Its cold, wet, and everyone is suffering from covid across the nation.

We have to sit here and pay membership money not to go to games and were rewarded with the three headed Molerat on television. In Ballarat of all places. Ugly.

:rage::rage::rage::tired::devilv1:

We’ve got a big injury list and we suffer injuries every week. Not sure what you expect us to do.

Fringe and depth players are being called upon to do their job for the team and our ladder position would appear to suggest that they are doing a decent job.

Hannan and Schache were more than serviceable last week and deserve to be in the team.

Cheer up. We are going to have a real crack at the flag shortly. How often can you say that?

Spot on, Langdon played a full game while Roarke was on for 75%. It was not a run with role.
Bevo gave Roarke a role on Selwood earlier this year and Selwood had his best game for the year. Makes a mockery of blokes who deserve a crack in the AFL

Imagine where the Dogs would be on the ladder if Bevo made good MC decisions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back