Opinion Changes V Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

They are all failures, any recruit who does not match Judd, at the VERY LEAST, is considered a total failure. We should be plucking brownlow winners with our 4th round and rookie draft picks.
Wellingham can turn a game, Yeo should be able to...but he is not smart enough to know how to

..there have been 2 embarrassing GF performances in the past 10 yrs...2007 Gee raped Port and 2015 Hawks owned WCE. In our case, and being at the ground, our senior players weren't strong enough to execute when required. Making a GF means nothing, just ask Freo, winning is everything.
Priddas, Butler, Hurn, Lecca could of slotted goals that could of turned the game...but they cannot do it, same as 2012 finals series. Darling, Kennedy, Nic and Lecca oustandingly weak on GF day in 15...Darling was horrendous, as he was again against the Blues.
The past is the past, but, in 2012 and 2015 we have seen and proven that we have mentally fragile players...so...why keep banging our head against the brick wall. Start a fresh. Our back line is now possibly the best in the business. Guv, Barass, Shep and Wellers are elite. Build the team from here. Shuey is a gun, but most others around him are maxed out. Kennedy and Darling are soft...so...trade one of them.
In other words, try something new. We have tried these lads in the current guise ad nauseam.
West Coast's performance more embarrassing than, say, Sydney in 2014? They were favourites and lost by more. Freo were also flattered by their margin, they were comprehensively outplayed as well.

The grand final was poor, but I think you may be exaggerating because it hurts more.

Yeah Masten seems to be our only player who can play that HFF role and should be in there more then the wing but i can see why Simmo plays him on a wing as he a pretty good tank and covers a lot of ground.
and an accumilator as well as his kicking going forward. He just lacks the smarts, evasive skills and speed. Other than his a good wingmen

.... Morton, Dalziell, ..not to mention our dud drafts...McDougall....christ. Recruitment has been weak at the Eagles since mid 2000s

McDougall was drafted nearly 16 years ago.

Morton was traded for a pick in the 90s that wasn't used.

Dalziell was brought in as depth.

If they're the best examples you've got, we're probably going alright.

Redden has been super ordinary this yr. Unfortunately, and yet again, wce have recruited 2 duds again. Jetta and Redden are total shite, neither gets their hands on the pill bugger all as they are both ball watchers. Redden simply is a WAFL std footballer.
Bit harsh. He has had 2 operartions since his arrival. One on his groin and the other is a hernia. Pretty sure you cant lift anything for weeks after that one. As a result he has missed all of our preseason. So his endurance and strength (which are his assets) would be no where near what he would want it to be. MC rushed him into the side and have admitted to the error. He should have atleast spend more time building his fitness and strength and also should have spend most this year at WAFL.Simmo playing him on a forward flanlh doesnt help his case either. I normally have really low expectations for players who have missed most/all of preseason as its more than likely their going to be crap or average at best. Thats why im gonna expect the worst out of sheed.

They must have a lot of faith in Duggan to come in and step up. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire at WAFL level.
Don't get me wrong I am a Duggan fan and believe he will become close to if not elite in the coming years.
Just thought maybe Sheed would get a crack or Jetta a reprieve for the week.

hope he comes in and has a good game delivering inside 50's onto the chest instead 2 metres over the head of Darling and Kennedy.

I've seen vids from 2012 that still get me excited.
Talents there. It's the ciaching and players application that is lacking. Same story as Jetta and Wellers/Shep before them.
Missing a preseason will do that.

@WestCoastEagles 52s52 seconds ago
"On the weekend we were disappointing in the final quarter. There's still a strong sense of excitement at the club." -AS

westcoasteagles 49s49 seconds ago
"Eric has earned his spot. He's playing really well at @EastPerthFC -Schofield has been sore, it's a chance to rest him." -AS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must have a lot of faith in Duggan to come in and step up. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire at WAFL level.
Don't get me wrong I am a Duggan fan and believe he will become close to if not elite in the coming years.
Just thought maybe Sheed would get a crack or Jetta a reprieve for the week.

hope he comes in and has a good game delivering inside 50's onto the chest instead 2 metres over the head of Darling and Kennedy.
Whats Jetta done to deserve a recall?

@WestCoastEagles 38s39 seconds ago
"I'm pretty clear on the deliberate behind rule. I spoke to 'Dougy' yesterday, I think we all just want more consistency." -AS on umpiring

Bit harsh. He has had 2 operartions since his arrival. One on his groin and the other is a hernia. Pretty sure you cant lift anything for weeks after that one. As a result he has missed all of our preseason. So his endurance and strength (which are his assets) would be no where near what he would want it to be. MC rushed him into the side and have admitted to the error. He should have atleast spend more time building his fitness and strength and also should have spend most this year at WAFL.Simmo playing him on a forward flanlh doesnt help his case either. I normally have really low expectations for players who have missed most/all of preseason as its more than likely their going to be crap or average at best. Thats why im gonna expect the worst out of sheed.

Having had Hernia surgery in my groin a few years ago i struggled for 3-4 months do any proper lifting in the gym or running. Even now when playing footy i still struggle with it from time to time. Once he had that surgery in January i knew he would struggle for the year and was surprised he played from round 1. He wanted to bulk up when he came over but with a Hernia he wasn't going to be doing that for a while! Lets see how goes after a proper pre-season.

Having had Hernia surgery in my groin a few years ago i struggled for 3-4 months do any proper lifting in the gym or running. Even now when playing footy i still struggle with it from time to time. Once he had that surgery in January i knew he would struggle for the year and was surprised he played from round 1. He wanted to bulk up when he came over but with a Hernia he wasn't going to be doing that for a while! Lets see how goes after a proper pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back