Preview Changes v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I see one more post about Hosie I'm gonna lose it.

The club hasn't talked him up AT ALL, he's shown nothing to warrant his selection lately, and with his reportedly shitty attitude why the hell should he get a game.

What evidence is there to suggest he's next in line right now? Someone please ******* enlighten me.
The only tall mobile marking power we have left is Wood and Hosie, we struggled taking lead up marks and marks inside 50

We are lacking a third tall forward especially if Ziebell is injured

Do the maths

What I wouldn't give to see Walker and Scott come into the side this week.

JZ is obviously out through injury, but if the side was picked purely on performances Jack probably would've missed out anyway.

The other player I'd really like to see omitted is Ats. He's had an awful start to the season and can't really see any reason for him to retain his spot.

Someone obviously needs to make way for Cunners if he gets up too, but I'd keep Ahern in personally. There were a lot of negatives from the game against the Hawks but the one that stood out for me the most was how poor our ball use was, particularly off of half back. Ahern's not setting the world on fire and demanding a spot in the side, but I'm confident him using the ball well. The more players like that we have in the side, the better off we are. That said, I think Pauly misses out if Cunners gets up.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The only tall mobile marking power we have left is Wood and Hosie, we struggled taking lead up marks and marks inside 50

Do the maths

What math? Hosie isn't getting a game dillweed, stop cheerleading for it week in and week out, like everyone on this entire forum has pointed out you're a broken record, if it ain't JMac one week its something else the next.

Walker can come in Ziebell's spot no problem if he's not dispossessing Ahern or Atley, and if it was between Hosie/Wood I'd take Wood over a player who hasn't shown jack s**t all year and spits the dummy when he's not chosen.

1 + 1 = Too much of an easy answer to a dumb question.

Do the maths

Better ball movement is the biggest problem, not a lack of marking options.

Better ball movement is the biggest problem, not a lack of marking options.

Yep we have brown, xerri , Taylor and Thomas who can take a grab and mids like cunners and jed as well. More than enough
Get it in there quick and to the forwards advantage

What math? Hosie isn't getting a game dillweed, stop cheerleading for it week in and week out, like everyone on this entire forum has pointed out you're a broken record, if it ain't JMac one week its something else the next.

Walker can come in Ziebell's spot no problem if he's not dispossessing Ahern or Atley, and if it was between Hosie/Wood I'd take Wood over a player who hasn't shown jack sh*t all year and spits the dummy when he's not chosen.

1 + 1 = Too much of an easy answer to a dumb question.
Jesus you are an idiot

Maybe you don’t watch games but we are clearly lacking a third tall forward that hits up around the ground and provides more height and aerial presence

Now feel free to list who can play that role

Wood and Hosie if Ziebell is out
Doesn’t bother me which one comes in but 1 of them has to

Last edited:
Jesus you are an idiot

Maybe you don’t watch games but we are clearly lacking a third tall forward that hits up around the ground and provides more height and aerial presence

Now feel free to list who can play that role

Wood and Hosie if Ziebell is out
Doesn’t bother me which one comes in but 1 of them has to

Hosie has done SFA and has shown no proof this year he’s up for afl level but you’re non-stop mentioning him?

Your obsessions are bizarre haha

Hosie has done SFA and has shown no proof this year he’s up for afl level but you’re non-stop mentioning him?

Your obsessions are bizarre haha
I’ve said Wood to be fair
But if not him then Hosie is the only other

Obviously garner would be ideal but he’s injured

Not much marking power left in the shed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah
Just bring Wood in as third tall for ziebs

Let the oppo worry about containing brown, Xerri and wood in the air

Mate, sick of wood, how many more chances do we want to give him? Delist (it takes a lot for me to say that)

Why would you Move Goldy there, we can move Walker there if need be, or tell Goldy to Ruck and push forward.
Or one of our 1st round tall draft picks can pull the finger out and start contributing.

Brown needs support sure, but he is putting in some very weak efforts in the marking contests. 200cm, 100kg, smash that pack open and let the ball hit the ground.

Pretty much this as far as moving Walker forward:

English is actually pretty good at covering the ground. Goldy should handle him fairly well in the ruck contests but English really pushes hard to either end of the ground. He can be a threat forward

Just think it’s a golden opportunity with a similar ruck to play Xerri and give him a chance to show his wares, we can give Goldy extended time in the ruck but it’s a big ask to have a 2nd game player be a key forward and help out Brown
Brown plays like he does, he runs all day and marks nicely out in front, he doesn’t crash and bash and that’s fine but it’s a bigger issue when there isn’t anyone to help him and take an additional defender away

just a thought guys :thumbsu: just want Goldy playing for as long as possible

Last edited:
Thomas is not a third tall forward

And yet the mid season draftee you are clamouring to play over anyone else is the same height as Thomas, who has more natural forward instincts than nearly anyone in our team as a mere 20yr old

And yet the mid season draftee you are clamouring to play over anyone else is the same height as Thomas, who has more natural forward instincts than nearly anyone in our team as a mere 20yr old
Yes they are both 189cm but I’m surprised you’d suggest Thomas who is more a midfielder is a similar player to Hosie who is a marking forward for the third tall role

But anyway aside from that like I mentioned earlier Wood 192cm and mobile should be first choice for the third tall role which he played last year

Yes they are both 189cm but I’m surprised you’d suggest Thomas who is more a midfielder is a similar player to Hosie who is a marking forward for the third tall role

At AFL level we've already seen Thomas jump over defenders and take seriously difficult marks as both a midfielder and a forward, as well as kicking goals off both feet from set shots and in general play

At AFL level we've.... Not seen Hosie at all

Thomas has magnitudes more talent than Hosie as a midfielder and a forward and it's not close.

But anyway aside from that like I mentioned earlier Wood 192cm and mobile should be first choice for the third tall role which he played last year

Papers stamped if he can't get a game with no Larkey

At AFL level we've already seen Thomas jump over defenders and take seriously difficult marks as both a midfielder and a forward, as well as kicking goals off both feet from set shots and in general play

At AFL level we've.... Not seen Hosie at all

Thomas has magnitudes more talent than Hosie as a midfielder and a forward and it's not close.

Papers stamped if he can't get a game with no Larkey
This is an astute observation that we haven’t seen Hosie at afl level
Yes tongue in cheek but had to have a go at that line

Thomas is already in the team playing a role, we need to bring in someone to add to our marking stocks especially if Ziebell is injured

As for Wood, he was in 2 weeks ago so doubt papers stamped

This is an astute observation that we haven’t seen Hosie at afl level
Yes tongue in cheek but had to have a go at that line

Thomas is already in the team playing a role, we need to bring in someone to add to our marking stocks especially if Ziebell is injured

As for Wood, he was in 2 weeks ago so doubt papers stamped

Thomas goes to the forward line as the third tall
Walker or Scott come in for Thomas

Walker - Xerri - resting mid
Thomas - Brown - Zurhaar

Well I certainly can
Mass confusion using this terminology

Calling individual players OR the team Inconsistent implies that in some future Utopia THEY BECOME CONSISTENT

But this is exactly the Point.....
The players and the Team are not that good BECAUSE they are Inconsistent

Look at Cunners and Goldy, maybe Higgins
They play good to very good nearly all the time Will add Taz too

most Of the rest, especially our Captain are just hot and cold

Fair enough. No argument from me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are already struggling to mark the ball, if Ziebell goes wood or Hosie have to come in

We can’t be depleting our marking power further it’s already sh*t

Have you ever heard of cause and effect? Therein lies your answer.

Until Larkey and Cunnington become available again, we’re liable to struggle. Add Majak (if it’s the second half 2018 version) and we will suddenly become very formidable. Will Walker would be a nice little cherry on top.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back