Preview Changes v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if I’m missing it (haven’t been across every thread of the board) but why aren’t people calling for Scott to come back in? Why isn’t he in the convo?
I kind of thought he may have been the late IN for Cunners last week.
I’m clearly not across the situation.

In: Cunnington (recovered), Macmillan, Bonar
Out: Ziebell (inj), Atley, Ahern

F: Hall, Xerri, Zurhaar
HF: Thomas, Brown, Taylor
C: Higgins, Simpkin, Polec
HB: Pittard, Tarrant, MacMillan
B: McDonald, Walker, Williams
Fol: Goldstein, Cunnington, Anderson
Int: Dumont, Mahony, Hayden, Bonar

Daw is in our best 22, but the Doggies don’t have any forwards left. They will have a mosquito fleet forward line with the Bont going forward to hurt us.

Macmillan comes in as a small defender (more capable than Atley in that role).

Bonar comes in for Ahern purely as a big body midfielder to disrupt Bont/Macrae.

Cunnington into the side because der. Need a big injection of calcium.

Xerri and Mahony to have another crack. I love how Rhys is playing the kids, something Scott never did.

Majak in next week or whenever we face a taller forward line. Probably needs a bit more match fitness anyway.

At AFL level we've already seen Thomas jump over defenders and take seriously difficult marks as both a midfielder and a forward, as well as kicking goals off both feet from set shots and in general play

At AFL level we've.... Not seen Hosie at all

Thomas has magnitudes more talent than Hosie as a midfielder and a forward and it's not close.

Papers stamped if he can't get a game with no Larkey

That was about as brutal as I’ve seen from you regarding players. You’re right though, Woods 50-1 to make it at North now. I hope he brains it in the twos and turns it around. The same argument could be made for Hosie if he can’t get a game either.

Until Larkey and Cunnington become available again, we’re liable to struggle. Add Majak (if it’s the second half 2018 version) and we will suddenly become very formidable. Will Walker would be a nice little cherry on top.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I read that Will Walker played well as an inside mid in the scratch match as an inside mid. He and Scott were called out as the best two players on the day. Encouraging stuff.

Don’t know if I’m missing it (haven’t been across every thread of the board) but why aren’t people calling for Scott to come back in? Why isn’t he in the convo?
I kind of thought he may have been the late IN for Cunners last week.
I’m clearly not across the situation.

I’d like us to use him as a defensive winger, put Dumont into the guts.

I read that Will Walker played well as an inside mid in the scratch match as an inside mid. He and Scott were called out as the best two players on the day. Encouraging stuff.

Yeah, I saw that. I don’t quite know why but from the moment he walked in the door at North, he’s the player I’ve been most looking forward to seeing on the park. His brief performances in 2018 only served to heighten my expectation.

Yeah, I saw that. I don’t quite know why but from the moment he walked in the door at North, he’s the player I’ve been most looking forward to seeing on the park. His brief performances in 2018 only served to heighten my expectation.

He just looked a natural footballer. Not sure if it is a great comparison but I got flashbacks to a very young Nathan Brown watching him in those games.

On Pittard, like pretty much the rest of the team, he started doing some nice things once we got going.

When we're off, he is susceptible to being a liability. Rarely did he kick short or look for the give and go if the team hasn't reacted fast enough. He'll most likely go down the line and hope Brown or Xerri can clunk it or even bring it to ground. The problem was the Hawks would be surrounding for the loose ball like sharks ready to attack. Whilst their big defenders take care of Brown.

I hope he isn't losing confidence in his kicking because when he's on fire holy hell can he break the game wide open.

He is on thin ice and he is on a downward trend. However, his last quarter suggests that there is a spark somewhere that can get him back to his best. He still gets a lot of the ball, just needs to stop blazing away and spudding it up in build up plays! (His DE% is down from last year, needs to fix that asap.)

He wasn't the only one turning it over, but for someone that had a great season last year, the standard has been set and he hasn't gone to a higher level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ziebell and marking power is relative. When he is on, sure, but you can say the same about Zurhaar or Thomas.
More so about aerial physical presence when we are bombing down the line we need representation. 1 tall will be in the forward 50 always

We need other big targets in the middle of the ground for the bail out kick out of defence

Another issue we are not paying much attention to is Team Experience
with jmac out Thommo gone Sammy Wright gone we actually have a complete mishmash of Beginners and Rejects as we used to call them

recent pickups polec pittard 25, hall 10 out a fair bit plus walker
newbies Mahony Curtis Kyron Ahern in and out plus xerri

that becomes 9 guys that have played < 25 games in north colours Add tt that’s 10

and Coach...is that 10 or so....

makes the last couple look a bit more Understandable

He just looked a natural footballer. Not sure if it is a great comparison but I got flashbacks to a very young Nathan Brown watching him in those games.

Did you see his foot skills with the toilet roll during lockdown? If he has those sort of foot skills AND play inside mid, we could have a veritable freak on our hands.

Enough credit in the bank with me for a few more games. He actually cares.

I'd go further. He's got enough credits in the bank for the whole year for me. Having a group of players running around avoiding mistakes ain't worth a pinch in this game. At least he dares. I'd be tipping 15 out before this bloke.

At AFL level we've already seen Thomas jump over defenders and take seriously difficult marks as both a midfielder and a forward, as well as kicking goals off both feet from set shots and in general play

At AFL level we've.... Not seen Hosie at all

Thomas has magnitudes more talent than Hosie as a midfielder and a forward and it's not close.

Papers stamped if he can't get a game with no Larkey
No one's denying that Tarryn has talent but I don't think he has the tank to motor from the forward line to HBF for bail out marks. May be better to leave him closer to goal.

In: Cunnington (recovered), Macmillan, Bonar
Out: Ziebell (inj), Atley, Ahern

F: Hall, Xerri, Zurhaar
HF: Thomas, Brown, Taylor
C: Higgins, Simpkin, Polec
HB: Pittard, Tarrant, MacMillan
B: McDonald, Walker, Williams
Fol: Goldstein, Cunnington, Anderson
Int: Dumont, Mahony, Hayden, Bonar

Daw is in our best 22, but the Doggies don’t have any forwards left. They will have a mosquito fleet forward line with the Bont going forward to hurt us.

Macmillan comes in as a small defender (more capable than Atley in that role).

Bonar comes in for Ahern purely as a big body midfielder to disrupt Bont/Macrae.

Cunnington into the side because der. Need a big injection of calcium.

Xerri and Mahony to have another crack. I love how Rhys is playing the kids, something Scott never did.

Majak in next week or whenever we face a taller forward line. Probably needs a bit more match fitness anyway.

They still have Bruce and prob bring in schace or however you spell it.... neither too threatening but both tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back