Preview Changes v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xerri debut eerily similar to Larkey's. Got to all the right spots and should've taken 3 or 4 grabs and kicked a few goals. Just nerves.

Larkey's was actually worse, had zero touches all day and didn't give much else, although he did get very close to multiple marks in the goal square.

So the fact that Xerri had that, but provided more around the ground, get a few touches and manage to get himself at least a goal was positive signs.

But I can definitely see them being similar types of player, both physical, can take a mark in a standing pack, decent leap, both caress their kicks well through the goalposts, decent ruck work but their forward work is where they both shine.

Has Bailey been TAO'ing someone on the match committee? They're handing out free games and he can't get near one.

Haha- he weighs 73 Kg's. We're looking out for Baileys welfare. We feel we've a player in Bailey and are prepared to take out time. Is what I was told anyway.

Yeah. Don’t think we need JMac & Pittard in the same team.
Anyone is decent > Jmac in your eyes mate. We already know you hate him? Not sure what value you think you have by posting the same thing 1.5 million times?!
That’s cos Macmillan is the biggest list clogger

a defender that cant defend

an indictment on our club that he gets games and needs to be called out for his ineptness

I’m guessing they’ve gone with JMac for his leadership qualities, given Jack’s out. Probably, fair enough. The fact that Xerri and Mahony have kept their spots is good news overall, I think. It goes without saying that Cunnington’s return can’t come soon enough. When was the last game that neither Cunnington nor Ziebell lined up for us?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Xerri debut eerily similar to Larkey's. Got to all the right spots and should've taken 3 or 4 grabs and kicked a few goals. Just nerves.

I’d confidently say that Xerri was far happier with his first performance than Nick was with his first effort. Nick may have gotten to the right spots but he had zero impact on that game. You couldn’t say the same about Xerri’s effort. His Scully tackle alone will be remembered. On top of that, he scored a goal that kicked off our comeback. All in all, good reasons for him to hold his spot. Moreover, statistically speaking, he outperformed BBB on practically every meaningful measure!

Last edited:
I’m guessing they’ve gone with JMac for his leadership qualities, given Jack’s out. Probably, fair enough. The fact that Xerri and Mahony have kept their spots is good news overall, I think. It goes without saying that Cunnington’s return can’t come soon enough. When was the last game that neither Cunnington nor Ziebell lined up for us?

Obviously I wouldn't know what Macmillan's leadership qualities are, but I'm comfortable in saying that they can't be along the lines of setting an example and demanding others led by it.

The last time neither Ziebell or Cunnington lined up for us was in Round 13, 2013. We were done over by Freo in Perth by 38 points and only scored 4.5-29. The club has only had fewer scoring shots 4 times in its VFL/AFL history.

Better signs than if it was still out with injury. Touch and go atm I'm sure.

JMac hopefully gets the boot up his arse he needs, otherwise it's clear he's resigned to his fate at the end of the year.

Not good signs for ahern though... won't play him in the middle and dropped again from the defensive role for jmac... now that is a slap in the face

Didn’t think there’d be many changes as can’t keep dumping 4 players each week.
As mentioned we have 8 defenders - so if cunners pulls out again , I’d put froggy in the middle To tag Bont. Jmac/atley to the wing

If cunners pulls again it will prob be Scott in to go on the wing and Dumont into middle

Daw has played one practice match needs abit more match fitness first

Can we make this the title of the post so people stop thinking he walks in?

Edit: and something about Hosie being too laconic to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha- he weighs 73 Kg's. We're looking out for Baileys welfare. We feel we've a player in Bailey and are prepared to take out time. Is what I was told anyway.

When you put it like that, I can see why we're playing Arnie #18 and Lou Ferrigno #34 instead.

8 defenders seems very strange - reeks of last minute change - Taz must be in doubt.

Some port supporter in the fantasy subforum said xerri wouldn't be playing... Who knows how reliable that is though.

Based off the side picked it wouldn't completely shock me if Kyron goes to Bontempelli.

That is an interesting proposition.

Schache will get violated by Walker. The cops will be taking swabs after the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back