Preview Changes v Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we do need inside mids. Cunnington doesn't play and we look more likely to get rolled. Speaks alot about our inside mid depth.

We need balanced mids. I don't think teams can carry one paced mids any more. Unless they are exceptional or versatile.

We need balanced mids who can get the 6 or 7 clearances a game but is quick on the spread. Which I think LDU is.
Never understood why people think inside mids can’t also play outside and outside mids can’t play inside.

If they can play footy, then let them play footy.

It does seem apparent that, for whatever reason, NMFC was always wary of drafting what they may have considered were lairy or flashy players - the type of players that Essendon go for. It’s, probably, contributed to our “dour/blue collar” portrayal in the media. By and large, our supporter base has been onside with this approach, from my perspective. That mindset might be shifting a little right now. We could really do with a fast explosive player in our ranks right now. Someone like Charlie Cameron or even Saad or McDonald-Tipungwuti, maybe. Atley looked like that type of player in 2012, but it was drilled out of him. Boomer was a slight variation of it and we haven’t got a replacement for him yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brad certainly didn't value or understand pace.

Remember how much fun it was watching Billy Hartung (of all people) as he'd rip out of the backline and kick long goals (or was it goal) on the back of blistering pace?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m very pleased that Jack Mahony is still in the side this week. I thought he showed a lot of composure with ball in hand last week and he seems to have a bit of flair about him!

Mahoney could have taken a dump on the field halfway through the third and had a nap and I STILL would have kept him in the team. That three handball play was absolutely ridiculous and one of my favorite moments of individual brilliance this year. Quick. clean and decisive handballs out of congestion and straight into a team mate's hands each time.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
The timing of our injuries is so North Melbourne.

Cunners problems looking long term after a promising 2 & 0 start in a wide open season, and with him out it would’ve been perfect timing for LDU to stamp his papers as our midfield general instead he’s battling his own injury issues.. FFS..

Its the curse of Jisse Smuth I tells ya!..

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The timing of our injuries is so North Melbourne.

Cunners problems looking long term after a promising 2 & 0 start in a wide open season, and with him out it would’ve been perfect timing for LDU to stamp his papers as our midfield general instead he’s battling his own injury issues.. FFS..

Its the curse of Jisse Smuth I tells ya!..

Yep, we really could've stolen a flag this season. Anyone can, the Suns and Port Adelaide are top ******* 2 right now!

Lose this game and it's season over, may not be so in terms of points and ladder position but as an indication of where this team sits in the big picture when it has its back against the wall on injuries, which is something we haven't had a clean run with for what feels like years.

You could set your watch to some poster's reactions to pics like this.

But it's actually the opposite.

Clearly, Cam was just channeling the GOAT.

508ce3e142c35d610406cea57ec81977.jpg

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so how long before he's on the 2 weeks?

Hoping he isn't.... but if he is let's replace with bonner this time and give him a chance in the guts rather than electing ahern and not playing him inside.... or Scott in on wing and Dumont inside .... although will already be Hayden higgo and jy already in there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cunners out again lads
😔

I see this as an opportunity for others to step up in the middle, a good mix from some of our young guns like Jye, Kyron, Tarryn, Scott, Ahern and Bonar (if selected) - even more experienced blokes like Atley, Froggy and LMac would be interesting. Make no mistake, Cunners is a gun - absolute A Grade - but we are predictable with him in the team and we've seen what happens when he is shutdown. Plus with he and Ziebell out of the team we suddenly become a much quicker team. Bring on some kids and let's see what they are made of, i reckon we'll be surprised.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I see this as an opportunity for others to step up in the middle, a good mix from some of our young guns like Jye, Kyron, Tarryn, Scott, Ahern and Bonar (if selected) - even more experienced blokes like Atley, Froggy and LMac would be interesting. Make no mistake, Cunners is a gun - absolute A Grade - but we are predictable with him in the team and we've seen what happens when he is shutdown. Plus with he and Ziebell out of the team we suddenly become a much quicker team. Bring on some kids and let's see what they are made of, i reckon we'll be surprised.
I love the optimism my friend and I wish I could bring myself to believe, but Cunners isn’t just a gun he’s a freak and a flat out game winner. He’s soooooo important to our team success.

Put it this way, take Cripps out of Carton and they go from steaming pile of crap to the whole s**t farm..

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is a good opportunity to develop our next tier. This isnt going to be a premiership year for us. If we can pump some games into some kids and have them lock-in their places long term i reckon this will be a much needed step (big picture). If we and Melbourne both finish low then this will give us a good crack at bringing in R1 and R2 talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back