Changes V Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardiner is underrated if anything. Patfull suffered from it for years too.

Most of the time he gets caught out is because he was trying to fix up someone else's mess.

Dropping him would be a monumental clanger. He's been very good this year, and has clearly worked on improving his offensive output too.
Gardiner along with O, Andrews and McStay are vital to our structure. Hipwood, Ballenden and Skinner on the otherhand.

Robbo definitely looks like he needs a rest.

IN: McStay, Rich, Birchall, (best performing mid in scratch matches)
OUT: Ballenden, Payne, Robinson, Rayner

Ah Chee up forward for Rayner.
Bailey onto the wing into Robbo's role.
Skinner as backup ruck.

CEY gives us very little when he isn't playing in the midfield, but he'll be useful against the Dogs' mids.

A midfielder that gives us something up forward would be nice (Robertson or Mathieson?).

Would also consider bringing in Lester if Rich isn't fit, or in place of potentially Answerth.

Gardiner is underrated if anything. Patfull suffered from it for years too.

Most of the time he gets caught out is because he was trying to fix up someone else's mess.

Dropping him would be a monumental clanger. He's been very good this year, and has clearly worked on improving his offensive output too.

Great post!!

But thinking towards the future too, Eagles is 30+ I’d rather blood Ballenden or Skinner and have them for years instead of playing Eagles and getting probably another year out of him.
I don’t have confidence in Ballenden or Skinner at this stage.

Ins- Daniel Rich, Grant Birchall, Daniel McStay.

Outs- Cam Rayner, Jack Payne, Connor Ballenden.

Ah Chee to play forward, Skinner relief ruck also I'm pretty sure we'll rest a couple of mids, if so Deven Robertson, Rhys Matheison, Keidean Coleman are the options I'd like to see us look at.

I don’t have confidence in Ballenden or Skinner at this stage.
Give them a break, they’ve played 2 and 3 games respectively. You can’t expect them to come in and set the world on fire immediately... Mcstay and Hipwood certainly did not. They both had good games last week and an average game this week against a great side. Not to mention, very few played good games tonight. Both playing key forward where the forward entry was appalling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think it hard to play 3 young talls together.. Not fair on them
Not sure we should go one ruck and play another senior player until Martin is back.

Give them a break, they’ve played 2 and 3 games respectively. You can’t expect them to come in and set the world on fire immediately... Mcstay and Hipwood certainly did not. They both had good games last week and an average game this week against a great side. Not to mention, very few played good games tonight. Both playing key forward where the forward entry was appalling
Before the season was suspended, I watched a fair few of the Wednesday after training sessions.

So I’ve seen a bit more of them, than just these two games.

I’ve mentioned plenty of times on here, before he was even selected, that Ballenden lacks physical presence and aggression for a big bloke.

He’s got elite skills around the ground, but offers nothing in rucking contests.

I’ve been one of Skinners biggest supporters, but it looks like his knee injuries have cost him some of his speed and agility.

Skinner has the aggression needed to play AFL, but he’s a tall forward who, at this stage, lacks the skills to pinch hit in the ruck.

Per the OP, where do you even start.

Outs - Rayner (injured), Robinson (omitted), Skinner (omitted), Ballenden (omitted), Payne (omitted), Witherden (omitted), Ellis-Yolmen (omitted)
In - Rich, Lester, Birchall, Mathieson, Christensen, Cox, McStay

Some of the omissions are players being rested.

I’ve been one of Skinners biggest supporters, but it looks like his knee injuries have cost him some of his speed and agility.

Skinner has the aggression needed to play AFL, but he’s a tall forward who, at this stage, lacks the skills to pinch hit in the ruck.
Yes I also in the like the Skinner camp.. Seems not to turn as well as he used to
Is he carrying something as last year seemed more mobile in the NEAFL.

That the thing with AFL players most carrying a niggle or two or three or :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back