Opinion Changes v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Felling like less of a fool yet???
What I said was taken completely out of context and still stand by what I said. On form I'd rather have fantasia in the team than gray. But it was good to see him have a good game playing more in the midfield. Hopefully he plays well in finals.

Not sure why people feel the need to attack others for these sorts of things.

What I said was taken completely out of context and still stand by what I said. On form I'd rather have fantasia in the team than gray. But it was good to see him have a good game playing more in the midfield. Hopefully he plays well in finals.

It's not about form, it's about that precise moment last night where someone needs to stand up and kick a goal to win us the game. Last night it was Robbie. Again. For that reason alone, he stays in.

I don't think people are attacking you necessarily. You made a huge call on a club great who immediately made your call look ridiculous. We've all made stupid calls, just own it, it's no issue.

Anyways, my statement has been taken out of context. I said that I'd rather have gray in the team than motlop. If it came down to it and Ken was deadset on motlop I'd have fantasia over gray. Fantasia has had a better year than gray

Let us know when Fantasia secures us a top 4 position through winning games off his own boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanted to drop a forward the answer was Gray not Fantasia.
His form in general this year has been meh and post injury has been poor. Looks slow and is losing most 1 on 1 contests. Does absolutely nothing off the ball so if he is not winning contests he is a liability.

So you stand by all these things? Gray should have been dropped last night if Fantasia was fit.
His form is meh - did you even look at his posted season stats???
Apologies that after surgery and six weeks out that it takes him two games post injury before almost literally winning the game of his own boot.
robbiea.png
robbie.png
Otherwise, what TeeKray said. You made some big calls on a player club great who almost seemed to go out of his way to make you look foolish within 24 hours for being demonstrably wrong about his season and then putting the death knell on him. Everyone does it. Own it. Stop trying to weasel out of it.

Fantasia hasn't had a better year than Robbie. Its like one is the point guard and one is the shooter and yes the shooter has more points per game but that is about it.

Last edited:
So you stand by all these things? Gray should have been dropped last night if Fantasia was fit.
His form is meh - did you even look at his posted season stats???
Apologies that after surgery and six weeks out that it takes him two games post injury before almost literally winning the game of his own boot.
View attachment 1212101
View attachment 1212106
Otherwise, what TeeKray said. You made some big calls on a player club great who almost seemed to go out of his way to make you look foolish within 24 hours for being demonstrably wrong about his season and then putting the death knell on him. Everyone does it. Own it. Stop trying to weasel out of it.

Fantasia hasn't had a better year than Robbie. Its like one is the point guard and one is the shooter and yes the shooter has more points per game but that is about it.

Were focusing on his goals but he was also influential in the centre with his clearances. Big game player, big rise

Forgotten the Richmond game already? Without his winning goals this year we are looking at a completely different finals series. Simple as that.
When Fantasia has runs on the board we'll talk.
So he secured us top 4, and top 2. Thank god we havenā€™t dropped him

"His form in general this year has been meh and post injury has been poor. Looks slow and is losing most 1 on 1 contests. Does absolutely nothing off the ball so if he is not winning contests he is a liability. Close to the end."

"Kicked 1 behind total in last years finals. We will see, maybe I will look like the fool when he has some sort of enormous game in a final. But I doubt it."

Just thought I would check in with the forums' resident Robbie Gray expert to see how he was feeling one game further into Robbie Gray's comeback from injury and after Port's win in the qualifying final.

For those who have forgotten, JakeNeadeFan made a couple of big calls about Robbie less than 24 hours before the Port game against the Bulldogs where Robbie had 25 disp, at 76% DE, 6 clearances and 2 goals including the goals that got us back the lead.

This week in a small forwards game Robbie had 14 disposals at 71% DE, 8 Contested Poss, 7 Ground Ball Gets 3 Marks, 1 Goal 2 behinds, 2 goal assists, 2 Score launches and 8 score involvements.This is not an enormous game for a small forward but a pretty decent one in only his fourth game back which was a qualifying final.

Any comments?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back