Changes v drug cheats

Remove this Banner Ad

Never want to make kneejerk changes after wet weather footy.

OUT: Butler
IN: Crozier

If Crozier wasn't coming back in, I'd almost consider no changes at all. Butler simply making way after filling in. Schache was deplorable, but our only other options are Gardner and Young. He was good a week ago, so I'd rather give him another shot

I'm not into kneejerk responses either, so I think some of our blokes get another chance. The rest can go and TBH they are probably be in need of a rest with the packed schedule and only a 5 day break coming up.

OUT: Wallis, Bont, Wood, Macrae, Cordy, Schache, West, McLean, Bruce, Butler, Richards, Lipinski, Dale, Williams, Daniel, JJ and English

IN: Suckling, Lewis Young, Trengove, Crozier, Weightman, Khamis, Cavarra, Gowers, Porter, Dickson, Greene, Hayes, Lynch, Roarke Smith, Lachie Young, Sweet and Gardner

B: R Smith - Trengove - La Young​
HB: Suckling - Keath - Crozier​
C: Hayes - Libba (c) - Lynch​
HF: Greene - Lew Young - Vandermeer​
F: Dickson - Gowers - Cavarra​
Ruck: Sweet, B Smith (vc), Hunter​
Int: Gardner, Weightman, Porter, Khamis

Debutants shown in bold. I don't think four is overdoing it in the circumstances. Hopefully we can win back the coveted title of the youngest footy side playing this week.

While we're at it, let's give Bevo a week off too. He must be feeling the strain and besides the surf up there is good. King to pull the levers this week (can't have too many Kings in modern footy).

Just flicked through the playing list and saw two names:

Will Hayes
Brad Lynch

Where are these guys? Seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Saw Lynch pop up on the club Twitter the other day, for the first time in over a year. It was for his birthday... Looked so promising in 2018, but is surely the first one cut from our list this year. Hayes is depth at best, and may remain another year as a Kmart Lachie Hunter backup, but that's about it.

To add to your list - where is Fergus Greene lately?

Saw Lynch pop up on the club Twitter the other day, for the first time in over a year. It was for his birthday... Looked so promising in 2018, but is surely the first one cut from our list this year. Hayes is depth at best, and may remain another year as a Kmart Lachie Hunter backup, but that's about it.

To add to your list - where is Fergus Greene lately?
Lynch has ridiculous stats for his first few games and really showed promise. Strong through the hips, good pace and long kick.

Has not been within a million miles of selection since and one would be forgiven for forgetting he was still on the list. It’s a bit odd.

Lynch has ridiculous stats for his first few games and really showed promise. Strong through the hips, good pace and long kick.

Has not been within a million miles of selection since and one would be forgiven for forgetting he was still on the list. It’s a bit odd.
Lynch had lots of promise but then all of a sudden he just faded away and was never selected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back