Interchange: JJ Vandermeer Richards Weightman

Richards is on notice

Last edited:
Brace yourselves - everyone on here knows how this works by now:
Schache - omitted
Naughton - unavailable
Trengove - unloved
Lewis Young - already had his ratio of games for the year

The chappie wearing Redpath’s jumper will be playing next week.

Out: Schache, Butler

In: Weightman, Crozier

Bruce hasn't been consistent at scoring goals but he has been super consistent at bringing the ball to ground. We may as well take advantage of that and play a proper small. Dickson the other option. Otherwise we play Schache or Lewis Young or maybe Sweet or Trengove and I don't think they'll provide enough to be worth the spot.

Jeez some serious overreactions going on..

Butler for Crozier

Depends on the weather if we go another small up fwd but I think we need two just for structure.

Did our 2s play Carlton 2s?

Jeez some serious overreactions going on..

Butler for Crozier

Depends on the weather if we go another small up fwd but I think we need two just for structure.

Did our 2s play Carlton 2s?

No scratch match this week

In: Crozier, Gardner

We need a second marking target and I think Gardner is the man for the job. Apparently his form in last week's practice game vs North was impressive. I would like to see West and Richards dropped for some forwards but not sure if we have any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forecast at the moment is for dry conditions on Friday night.

Butler for Crozier is the one obvious call, Schache probably goes out too but depends what effect that would have on our structure. I'd personally persist with West.

Really hard to read the changes given how poor we were across the board, the conditions, no VFL, and how well we'd been playing as a complete unit for the past 3 weeks up until tonight.

In: Crozier, Gardner

We need a second marking target and I think Gardner is the man for the job. Apparently his form in last week's practice game vs North was impressive. I would like to see West and Richards dropped for some forwards but not sure if we have any.
Please no. He always has 'good' practice games but never does anything in an actual game.

Where's Dickson? I know he's a fossil by our age standard but he rarely loses on-on-one and can actually kick.

Crozier and Roarke Smith for Schache and Butler.

Butler's shown good signs but is still a little off it and Crozier is a must. Don't think we need to replace Schache with a tall against Essendon. We should be able to dominate inside midfield so some extra outside run and pressure from Roarke should suit the side well. Wouldn't be opposed to any of Weightman, Cavarra or even Hayes for similar reasons

Coming off a 5 day break is going to be tough. Does anyone think Libba may need a rest because of the short turn around ?

Coming off a 5 day break is going to be tough. Does anyone think Libba may need a rest because of the short turn around ?
Quite possibly. He looked a bit cooked in the second half yesterday and couldn't keep up with the pace of the game. Hard to leave him out because he's so much better than anyone out of the team.

100% this. Porter is a no brainer to bring in to give Libba a rest.

Outs
- Schache should never play again, ever. Every other player on the list would give more effort. He is useless without a free kick or a "Joe the Goose"
- Butlers not ready
- JJ needs to be dropped, just cruising, provides no drive and doesnt hit contests. Should be the best rebound defender in the comp given the contract he was given.
- Dale has so much talent, and when he gets involved really impacts. Maybe Bevo has to give him more on ball time?

Ins
- Porter (for Libba)
- Weightman for Butler
- Trengrove - let him come in and crack in. Like someone said above throw him in the ruck and play English forward.
- Crozier (for JJ)
- Dale - Hayes/Dickson/L.Young(either)

Last nights effort was a disgrace, outcoached from the first bounce. How a second rank side like Carlton can bring the ball inboard from their half backline ALL NIGHT is embarrassing.

If Bevo picks Roarke.... 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back