Unofficial Preview Changes V Eagles (going with youth: JDG, Crocker and Wills added; Fas, Blair and Sinkers out inj.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly keen to see Fasolo back in the side (and kicking goals) as soon as possible, mostly because he's a fine player and our chances of winning are improved when he's in the team. It's a pity he's had a few issues this season as he looked to be on track to get close to 50 goals.

Currently he's our leading goalscorer with 25 goals (Moore is next on 18 then Cox and White with 15). If there was a big enough issue with his shoulder and the club chose to rest him for the remainder of the year he may still finish as our top scorer on the very modest tally of 25. Only 1954 (Keith Bromage - 22) and 1920 (Ern Utting - 23) have seen us finish with a lower top tally from 1914 onwards. Fascinating stuff!!
Fascinating yes.
And the overall low scoring goal kickers is very telling.

If you recall 1990 we had Daicos (better player than Cyril) kick 97, Brown 49 and others get 30 odd

Fascinating yes.
And the overall low scoring goal kickers is very telling.

If you recall 1990 we had Daicos (better player than Cyril) kick 97, Brown 49 and others get 30 odd
I remember it fondly, one of my favourite years ever!

I think it's rather important to have a good spread of players who can kick a decent amount of goals in a game/year. Hawthorn have 5 players on 20+ goals this season (even with Roughead missing). Interestingly, Sydney (despite sitting 3rd) only have one.

So Oxley is definitely out of favour then. Solid performances in VFL, but can't get back in, but De Goey doesn't even play and gets a recall.

Or may have more to do with the fact Oxley has been playing HB/wing and there wasn't a spot there for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back